Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
I survived my holiday!!!........

Sort of

The scales aren't my friend today

No weigh in for 3 weeks, I think I dropped out of ketosis on day 3 of my holiday, I was struggling to find things to eat and I couldn't get enough fat in, and on day 2 the only things available I could eat at dinner were barbecued spare ribs, I was 3/4 in when I realised the sauce they were covered in was probably full of sugar and carbs so stopped immediately, woke up the following day without keto breath

This continued until my last day when it came back despite only eating eggs covered in butter, pork rinds and salad leaves with meat for the next 13 days. Unfortunately, the last stop was Bruges, if you've been, you'll understand that finding something low carb there is nigh on impossible and I hadn't eaten in 7 hours so I bought a panini and threw 1 half of the bread away and ate it.

Just weighed myself, well, 4 times actually.

This morning when I normally weigh-in it was 252.7, then 5 minutes later was 255.4 - quite a jump

Just weighed again 3hrs later and it read 256.4 (fair enough, i'd eaten since then) then 1 minute later it was 257!

So, small victory, either 4lbs down or 8lbs down in 3 weeks, i'll take it 'cos people on the boat noticed a change in my face over the 2 weeks, as did people back home, who previously didn't notice the 20lb loss!

Hopefully my body will balance itself back out during this next week and it'd be awesome if when I post next week it will be Goal 1!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, I tend to do that in my posts, how's everyone else been?
84k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
One of the things I've found helpful in my last round of low carb (when I finally got my act together and started eating consistently low carb) was to always plan ahead so that I'm never left struggling with finding something I can eat...even when traveling.

When we travel by plane, I make sure to eat before we leave and take a snack in my on board bag if it's going to be a long flight. By car, I carry a cooler. For holidays, I make stuff I can have and if I'm going to someone else's house, I'll take a big salad with eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, etc. I'm not embarrassed nor do I apologize for not eating their food since I warn them ahead of time that due to health reasons the only carbs I can eat are vegies. As a general rule, most people try to accomodate me if they can, but I don't require or expect them to. I don't go to restaurants that don't have things I can eat. Most do...even if it's Wendy's where I get a double cheeseburger without bun and a side salad.

I think the biggest key to success on low carbing is to pre-plan and cover all eventualities.

Good for you for getting right back on that wagon. That, in itself, can be almost impossible for people.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Well done on surviving,getting back on track and welcome back.
Scales especially digital ones are terrible. I put on two pounds in the space of two minutes todayand then weighed less after eating a big breakfast.If I was to add up the weight of the food and water I drank and subtract it from my weight then I would be at a new low but I am not doing that just calculating it as a consolation price.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
One of the things I've found helpful in my last round of low carb (when I finally got my act together and started eating consistently low carb) was to always plan ahead so that I'm never left struggling with finding something I can eat...even when traveling.

When we travel by plane, I make sure to eat before we leave and take a snack in my on board bag if it's going to be a long flight. By car, I carry a cooler. For holidays, I make stuff I can have and if I'm going to someone else's house, I'll take a big salad with eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, etc. I'm not embarrassed nor do I apologize for not eating their food since I warn them ahead of time that due to health reasons the only carbs I can eat are vegies. As a general rule, most people try to accomodate me if they can, but I don't require or expect them to. I don't go to restaurants that don't have things I can eat. Most do...even if it's Wendy's where I get a double cheeseburger without bun and a side salad.

I think the biggest key to success on low carbing is to pre-plan and cover all eventualities.

Good for you for getting right back on that wagon. That, in itself, can be almost impossible for people.
I did pre-plan, I took food bags to steal cheese and boiled eggs from the buffet each morning and snuck 14 bags of pork rinds with me so I could eat at all the destinations. Problem was the evenings, selection wasn't as good as previous cruises and sometimes all the cooked meals were high carb and no fat.

TBH, although I didn't have the breath, i'm pretty sure I was still in ketosis, I did lose around 6lbs, even with the spare ribs I probably didn't exceed over 20g of carbs on any day...
84k is offline   Reply With Quote