Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Barber Foods Broccoli and Cheese Chicken Breasts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/807680-barber-foods-broccoli-cheese-chicken-breasts.html)

RhondaC 07-09-2013 05:49 PM

Barber Foods Broccoli and Cheese Chicken Breasts

I love these! Publix sells them. They come two to a box. (2 servings). Basically chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli and cheese. Only 4 carbs per serving, so I eat two for dinner, total 8 carbs!

Be careful because they have other flavors too, but they are breaded. These are naked. :)

heahyou00 07-10-2013 10:40 AM

I have only ever seen the breaded ones and I love those ones and I think they were only like 12 carbs, which still isnt horrible for something that tastes so yummy. I need to see if I can find the naked ones :)

Kelly

Trigger828 07-10-2013 10:41 AM

yup I have eaten a few of the breaded ones. not many. don't want to rely on carby stuff but I am a moderate carb eater so they do fit into my plan if wanted. they are good. add extra broccoli and yum :)

never seen the naked ones either. will be hunting them and check out their website. I wanna see that product. cool

RhondaC 07-10-2013 10:59 AM

Here's a link: Seasoned Selects Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

I see that they also have Cordon Bleu with only 3 gr carbs!

CurveControl 07-10-2013 11:09 AM

We don't have a Publix so I checked the site and they are also sold here:
A&P
Acme
Albertsons
Big Y
BI-LO
BJ's
Brookshire
Buy 4 Less
Crest
Cub Foods
Farm Fresh
Food Lion
Food Maxx
Foodtown
Four B
Gaint
Giant Eagle
Gristedes
Hannaford
Harris Teeter
Harvey's Supermarkets
Hy-Vee
Ingles
Jewel
Key Food
King Kullen
King Soopers
Kroger
Lowes Foods
Lucky Supermarkets
Lunds
Marsh
Meijer
Price Chopper
Publix
Raley's
Ralph's
Redner's
Roundy's
Safeway
Sam's Club
Save Mart
Shaw's
Shop 'n Save
Shop Rite
Shoppers
Smart & Final
Spartan
Stater Bros.
Stop & Shop
Super Target
Supervalu
Sweetbay
Tops
Vons
Walmart
Wegman's
Weis
Winco
Winn Dixie
Woodman's Foods

It looks like the 'Seasoned Selects' line is unbreaded! I will be sure to look at Kroger this week! Great find, Thanks!

CurveControl 07-10-2013 11:11 AM

Can I ask what the price runs on these?

Trigger828 07-10-2013 12:55 PM

Thanks Rhondac

problem is my stores are listed but they are only carrying the breaded ones. select products from the line. drive me nutso :)

they are great for convenience. the cordon bleu are yummy also.

I can't remember cost. a little pricey but not bad for what they are.

OH I checked that link. looks fab. I am going to ask my stores I hit all the time to bring it in. the manager should be able to order. very good. I didn't know the naked ones existed ;)

RhondaC 07-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurveControl (Post 16508372)
Can I ask what the price runs on these?

They are usually $3.99 for a box of two. But usually about once a month, Publix has them BOGO. I stock up then!

CurveControl 07-10-2013 02:11 PM

Thank you!

Texas Girl 07-12-2013 04:41 AM

Looks great

I have not seen these before but will look for them. Thanks for posting!

momov2boys 07-12-2013 10:41 AM

I like these, too!

:)

Beeb 07-12-2013 09:41 PM

Saw these at BJ's today. They were breaded and 12 and 13 carbs each. :dunno::sad:

KOO 07-12-2013 09:44 PM

Will be looking for these.

CurveControl 07-13-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 16512783)
Saw these at BJ's today. They were breaded and 12 and 13 carbs each. :dunno::sad:

They have a line that are not breaded and about 3 carbs. All I could find were breaded too so I am going to print out the page from the website and ask the manager at Kroger to order some in for me.

Aleina 07-13-2013 10:57 AM

Are they these ones ? If so I would still be careful. Reading the ingredient list they have bleached flour ,sugar,whole wheat flour and yellow corn flour.
They would not be my choice. I was only looking to see if I could devise a recipe to make a "breading" from their ingredents list,but this is not it. They are not as "naked" as they seem.

Low Fat Broccoli And Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Ntombi 07-13-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleina (Post 16513300)
Are they these ones ? If so I would still be careful. Reading the ingredient list they have bleached flour ,sugar,whole wheat flour and yellow corn flour.
They would not be my choice. I was only looking to see if I could devise a recipe to make a "breading" from their ingredents list,but this is not it. They are not as "naked" as they seem.

No, it's not those. It's these:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RhondaC (Post 16508339)
Here's a link: Seasoned Selects Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

I see that they also have Cordon Bleu with only 3 gr carbs!

Aleina 07-13-2013 11:17 AM

Ah,thank you Ntombi. These do look better and a bit less artificial.
Still no idea how to bread my chickenbreast though. I think I shall experiment with egg and seeds and see how they turn out. I will post. Separately...;)

RhondaC 07-13-2013 04:02 PM

I'm trying the mushroom ones tonight. 6 carbs (5 net).

RhondaC 07-13-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhondaC (Post 16513639)
I'm trying the mushroom ones tonight. 6 carbs (5 net).

Ok...they were great! :jumpjoy:

Just Beachy 07-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleina (Post 16513300)

No. I believe these are the ones the OP is talking about....

Seasoned Selects Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

They do still contain a small amount of wheat. However, I do still use them on occasion when I'm wanting something I can just throw in the oven. They are about as close to convenience as I can get.

:) Beachy

Hmmmm.... I see Ntombi posted before I did. I was just going to delete the post, but don't think I can.