Start Date: May, 26 2013
I am 6'1'' and 296 after my weekend mistake
My numbers for today look like this
Calories = 2178
Grams of Protein = 168
Grams of Fat = 152.4
Net Carbs = 18

My percentages are 63% Fat, 31% Protein, 6% Carbs

According to what I read, I have to be under 2,200 calories and 160 gr of protein.
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
You may have been responding to introduction of mct oil . . . it seems to take some people a bit of adjustment. I can't' say in my case, seems to be not much affect.
I am experiencing a unusual not not unpleasant loss of appetitle in the evening. I try to eat a few bites of protein/fat, but that's about it.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Well I am not sure what caused the nausea but it passed quickly and stopped me from eating too much. My guess would be the fat on the steak made me feel this way, I love the taste of fat but sometimes it doesn't agree with me. Last night when I took the mct oil I woke during the night tasting it.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I am moving toward simplicity too. Far easier to track food eh?

Last edited by Beeb; 07-10-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I think you might see comments about nausea, but I think it's mostly during induction when the body is making drastic changes. Most people start feeling better after a week or two.

Long term nausea...I'd take a serious look at what I'm doing because it's your body's way of telling you something is wrong.

Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #36

So being new at this I would love to have some input/suggestions/ideas about my numbers.

Here they are for the last 3 days:

Tuesday: Carbohydrate -15% Fat -64% Protein -21%

Wednesday: Carbohydrate -6% Fat -67% Protein -27%

Thursday: Carbohydrate -9% Fat -75% Protein -16%

How do they look? Am I on the right track? Anything you see that should/could be adjusted? I feel great, appetite is so low, binging is almost not being thought of, Fibro pain is WAY down so I'm thinking I'm in the ball park somehow to where I should be for giving LC and my healing the best chance.

Thanks all for the help!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 07-11-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
So being new at this I would love to have some input/suggestions/ideas about my numbers.

How do they look? Am I on the right track? Anything you see that should/could be adjusted? I feel great, appetite is so low, binging is almost not being thought of, Fibro pain is WAY down so I'm thinking I'm in the ball park somehow to where I should be for giving LC and my healing the best chance.

Thanks all for the help!!
First, keep on rocking it, girl! I am so thrilled for you!

Short answer:
That's a great start, as long as you feel satisfied and you notice your cravings are staying controlled.
In a week or two or three you might want to look at ways to eat a touch fewer carbs and a touch more protein. (but your wednesday looked positively awesome).
It all depends on your calories, though, so it's hard to give absolute numbers.

I think the goal of the first several days of lowcarbing is to lose the cravings and to discover the balancing of appetite that comes with choosing good foods. So that's Job 1, and you're doing it!

Long answer: and you don't have to think about this right away.

Percentages are a good tool to see if we're in line with how we want to eat.
But they aren't all of the story.

First you want to figure out your ideal protein in grams.
Reference (ideal) weight in kilograms times a multiplyer--- some say 1.5 is a good starting point, adjusting up for heavy exercisers and adjusting down if you're not losing weight at a good but not crazy pace.

I want to weigh 125 so 125 divided by 2.2 to get kilograms is 57 (rounded up). So I need at least 57 grams as a bare minimum. Multiply by 1.5 and I get 85 grams protein per day--that's a good figure to assure muscle preservation and satisfaction while losing at a steady pace.

Here are some ballpark protein needs based on goal weight, showing minimum protein and what many folks consider optimal protein:

130--- 59-88
140---63-95
150---68-102
160---72-109
170---77-116
180---81-122
190---86-129
200---90-136

Bear in mind that when we're heavy, we are exercising all the time when we move because we carry a lot of weight with us. So heavier folks might need to amp up the protein while they are carrying a lot of weight. That multiplyer would be weight in kg times 1.5 to 2.0, so your protein grams are up to double of what your ideal weight is in kilograms.

Last edited by emel; 07-12-2013 at 01:53 AM..
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:

My protein is around 30%, but my fats are 65%. So your numbers are similar to mine. I don't do carb percentages...just count carbs...so not sure what your percentages mean.

Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
My protein is around 30%, but my fats are 65%. So your numbers are similar to mine. I don't do carb percentages...just count carbs...so not sure what your percentages mean.

Thank you EMEL for the info! I thought Wednesday looked really good too and I actually lost some from that day! It's funny because I ate over 2100 calories on Wednesday by my fat/protein and carbs were nice so I'm thinking these may be my numbers to aim for at the moment.

Aomiel, the percentage number for carbs is what my tracking site gives me. In reality I am eating an average of 26 carbs a day, Tuesday being the highest at 32, Wednesday 22 and yesterday 24. I like Wednesday's percentages the best, felt good the next day and even lost a bit of weight. Will try to keep them there for now. Thanks for you info, too!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #40

Quote:

Aomiel, the percentage number for carbs is what my tracking site gives me. In reality I am eating an average of 26 carbs a day, Tuesday being the highest at 32, Wednesday 22 and yesterday 24. I like Wednesday's percentages the best, felt good the next day and even lost a bit of weight. Will try to keep them there for now. Thanks for you info, too!
Sounds really good, Beeb. WTG.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #41

OK, I think I may need help or I'm just over thinking as I tend to do?

Here are my percentages for today. I'm not hungry, and thinking of eating more food to up my protein and fat is just making me .

Do you all think these numbers are OK? Do I need to think about a snack right now to up my fat and protein? Is it because my calories are low and that is why the percentages of fat and protein are low?

Fat(g) Carbs(g) Fiber(g) Net C(g) Prot(g) Calories
96.48 61.15 38.3 22.88 79.48 1276

Percentages: Fat 68% Protein 13% Carbs 19%

Any insight and suggestions are welcomed!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #42

I wouldn't eat more protein just to get the macros right.
If you're full, you're full

YOu may notice some appetite suppression as you get clean, as you're doing.

I'd just wake up tomorrow and plan to substitute a protein food for a carb food to get those carbs down under 50 grams. Like 2 oz more meat and a serving less of higher carb stuff like yogurt, higher carb veg (replace w/a lower carb veg).

Remember that you're getting some fuel from body fat, so if your calories are low one day and you still feel well, it's okay. Chronic undereating can lead to trouble for us eating disorder folks, but one day of lower calories won't hurt you.

Because you're a person with an eating disorder, you might want to select an optional, emergency, harmless snack for tonight in case your lower calories whammy you on cravings. I suggest cold meat wrapped around a dill pickle and a magnesium or L-glutamine supplement.

You're doing so good! Don't stress yourself out with the numbers right now, sweetie.

Last edited by emel; 07-17-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #43

FOUND MY "NUMBERS"! I'm so happy about this, it makes it even more simple to be able to know what numbers work for me for optimum health and now even weight loss!

I'm a happy person! The numbers that work for me right now are these percentages, give or take a few. I have found that I feel the best, and lose a little bit each day with these numbers. Will be sticking to them as much as possible!

I have gone as high as 2100 calories and as low as 1250 with these numbers and it still works the best for me! I'm not minding calories at all but it's nice to know the "range" I can be in.

Thanks everyone for all the info and input, it has been evaluable!

My Numbers:

Fat(g) Net C(g) Prot(g)
91.09 15.56 78.68

Percentages:

Carbohydrate (17%) Fat (67%) Protein (16%)
Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #44

Good job. Remember that actual food/nutrient amounts are more important than percentages.
Fat around 90, protein just shy of 80, and your carbs that you do well on, and to me it's easier to 'read' than working with the percentages. Works for me.