Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I tried the Lemon Cream Pie. It wasn't the texture I was expecting...kind of chewy? I thought it was good though and pretty filling. I would like to try a few other flavors if I can.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TrueYou
Stats: 317/305/190 (5'10")
WOE: low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 17, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamanni View Post
Alright - I am that person who takes a bite out of each to see what I like so I have tried them all at this point. I have only actually eaten a few whole ones. I was away for 3 days so it worked perfectly to help me stay on track during the drive. I think I am noticing a pattern between the "original line" and the others - the other line has added sugar alcohols and seems to make me feel funky, though I don't think there's an impact on my blood sugar. Once these are gone I will stick with the original line - those are the ones that taste the best to me anyway.

I was away and a little off so I can't tell if they have an impact on my weight loss. I don't intend to eat a whole one every day - I seem satisfied with a bite here and there so I will only use as needed. I don't do great with nuts and that seems to be a lot of the ingredients. I will monitor the impact - though I would guess they will

Here's the order I liked the flavors from the bites I had:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (original) omg so good!
Peanut Butter and Jelly (original) tastes like a sandwich to me
Chocolate Brownie (original) best warmed
Banana Nut Muffin
Apple Pie (original)
Chocolate Peanut butter
Peanut Butter Supreme (original)
Vanilla Almond Crunch (original)
Coconut Cashew
Strawberry Cheesecake
Mixed Berry Bliss (original)
Cinnamon Roll
Lemon Cream Pie

Thanks for all your input! By reading all the posts here it looks as if everyone has different taste buds! Thank you to everyone for answering my question about bars. I have a box of Quest Cinnamon Roll and I am warming them each for 8 seconds in the microwave. I like them with coffee in the mornings.
TrueYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AandE
Stats: 237/177/140
WOE: Low Carb-due to PCOS
Start Date: May 25, 2013
I was looking at the nutrition info on the quest bar and they have 21g of carbs. That is really high. I have to look at total carbs because that is what counts. Net carbs are not accurate so if you stall keep an eye on the true carb count especially if you have insulin resistance or pcos.
Mom2AandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinamanni
Stats: 250/192/150
WOE: 80% fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AandE View Post
I was looking at the nutrition info on the quest bar and they have 21g of carbs. That is really high. I have to look at total carbs because that is what counts. Net carbs are not accurate so if you stall keep an eye on the true carb count especially if you have insulin resistance or pcos.
Many of us follow net carbs and do well.. whatever works for you
tinamanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AandE View Post
What do you mean, that sugar alcohols are partially absorbed so the actual net carb reading is incorrect? That certainly makes sense. But the original ones don't have sugar alcohol, and it's 21-17 (fiber) = 4 net gm. This is quite accurate.
RDBhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueYou View Post
I am needing info on low carb bars. I really want something that tastes great for my husbands sake. He loves to drink coffee and eat bars in the morning. If you are eating a bar on a regular basis, it tastes great, and its not causing you to gain weight, please share your choice. Thank you!
I have always enjoyed Atkins brand bars. I have lost plenty of weight using them, I have also lost no weight using them, depending on my general intake and exercise pattern at the time. I trust them, but I do try not to overdo them, as they are what I consider to be "easy calories."

Which particular flavors you might like I think is personal.
jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Just wanted to say I went back to GNC again today to purchase some more of the Quest bars that I hadnt tried yet. This time I bought:

PB&J
Coconut Cashew
Choc PB
Vanilla Almond Crunch

Can I just say I love the PB&J, havent tried the other ones yet.
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PianoAl
Stats: 165/155.5/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2010
Note that Quest bars only have good sugar alcohols. There's no reason to avoid them.

Erythritol and xylitol are good, Maltitol and Sorbitol are bad.
PianoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeky1178
Stats: 324.8/288/180-ish?
WOE: 50gms or less
Start Date: 1/17/14
This thread is a bit old but in case anyone else finds it on a search...I love Detour Lower Sugar Caramel Peanut Bars. Kind of like a snickers but not very sweet tasting. Drugstore site has them on sale now and usually has the best price per box. Going to have to check out the Quest bars and Supreme Protein Wafer Crunch as I'm not a big breakfast eater so bars help a lot.
cheeky1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
I want to give and opinion here for those who might buy these bars, and are going by this thread (I did). They taste like sweet sand imo. very gritty and chewy. My girlfriend who I diet with feels the same as I do and so do others who comment on this product elsewhere other then LCF. I bought several flavors of the Quest bars to try out, noway as good as the Atkin's bars. Because they cost me money I did choke them down, but will never buy anymore. As for the SA question, I would only deduct fiber and maybe a 1/3 of the SA, not all. Your body does absorb some of the SA.

Debbie
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I don't mind the gritty/chewy texture. I guess it just depends on what you like. It's nice to have a bar that isn't covered in chocolate (like the Atkins bars) now and then. Just my opinion.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
I use Qwest bars for breakfast when I am on the fly and dont get something made. My favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Raspberry White Chocolate, and Cookies and Cream. When I was fresh off of sugar and first tried them, I didnt love them. Now that I have been completely sugar free for several weeks, I think they are delicious. They are best warmed for just a few seconds.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky1178 View Post
This thread is a bit old but in case anyone else finds it on a search...I love Detour Lower Sugar Caramel Peanut Bars. Kind of like a snickers but not very sweet tasting. Drugstore site has them on sale now and usually has the best price per box. Going to have to check out the Quest bars and Supreme Protein Wafer Crunch as I'm not a big breakfast eater so bars help a lot.
Wow, tons of malitol in those. Looks like way more than most Atkins bars, even, plus 5 g real sugar.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
I like the Surpeme protein bars - I'll eat one for breakfast every once and a while. I don't like Quest Bars (I may be the only one) I think they taste like scented candles.

I will rarely by the Atkins bars just because I've been talked out of it by the community here - but on a rare occasion, on the road or something, I may grab a box just to avoid too many peanut; I watch calorie too though.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeky1178
Stats: 324.8/288/180-ish?
WOE: 50gms or less
Start Date: 1/17/14
Sugar whaaaat where?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Wow, tons of malitol in those. Looks like way more than most Atkins bars, even, plus 5 g real sugar.
I don't have a problem with malitol so I don't really pay attention to it. I just double checked and triple checked the ingredients....I'm not seeing real sugar? Where are you seeing that? Is it one of those weird ingredients that secretly means sugar?

I eat one for breakfast nearly every day and am losing pretty quickly so I guess it works for me
cheeky1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky1178 View Post
I don't have a problem with malitol so I don't really pay attention to it. I just double checked and triple checked the ingredients....I'm not seeing real sugar? Where are you seeing that? Is it one of those weird ingredients that secretly means sugar?

I eat one for breakfast nearly every day and am losing pretty quickly so I guess it works for me
I checked the lable and it states 3 to 5 grams of sugar per bar...I think it would come from the milk products as milk contains lactose which is a form of sugar...that would be my only guess.

It just depends on what you can tolerate.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
How about a 1 minute muffin instead of these bars. You can make them fresh from start to finish within 4 minutes. You can do a search for the recipe. Cheaper and a better source of fiber than the bars.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote