Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
the scariest thing about very low carb eating to me is the people out there that say it will kill ya low carb misconceptions are everywhere. You do have to close your ears to them.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Formerlychubchick

Gallery: CurveControl
Stats: 200/172.4/130
WOE: LC JUDD/TOPS
I feel your pain. Last night at a TOPS meeting I was informed that anything under 80 carbs a day will have me on Dialysis by the time I am 60. Fortunately I have a very good doctor who doesn't feel that way and is very on board with low carb, so I have that as back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Honestly, with criticism as silly as what you mentioned I would just laugh.

Hand out copies of "Why We Get Fat...." and tell them you'll talk after they have read it. If they have no interest in an educated opinion, they should keep it to themselves.
I honestly thought of that for my TOPS group as there are only about 12 -15 really active members but then I thought Heck No, I will offer info on my WOE when it is my turn to give a program and other than that just answer questions if I am asked. It is a good challenge now, to show through my own weight loss and health, that they are wrong. It really appears that some of the people in the group want to know more about LC and some are just set against it, so it could prove to be a interesting year.
CurveControl is offline   Reply With Quote