Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Garlic
Stats: 326 / 260 / 175
WOE: Atkins 2010
Start Date: May 25th, 2013
My 1st cheat was today, after 6 weeks. I'm OK with it, surprisingly.

Why am I OK with it? Well, because I absolutely have no thoughts about eating more carbs..... This was an interesting exception.... and as you will see, 99.9% unlikely to happen again anytime soon. ( the breakfast thing )

We - my family - went to an area of the Chesapeake Bay for vacation... we got there on Sunday and it was POURING RAIN..... Monday.... POURING RAIN.... Tuesday.... POURING RAIN.... Wednesday.... POURING RAIN most of the day..... Thursday was beautiful, but we did have a passing shower.

So, what the heck does that have to do with cheating?

Well, today, we were getting ready to leave for home, when the lady who rented us the house came outside of her 3/4 of the house and said she felt so bad about all the rain, that she made us up her "Better than your grandma's biscuits and gravy." And she really did insist we come in to eat ( though I am sure she would have been just fine if we had refused ).

It just so happens that that is my all time favorite breakfast, and I haven't had it in years. So, I / we went and enjoyed breakfast with her and her husband.

Do, I feel remorse? Not really. I think because after 6 weeks on plan with zero cheats prior to today, I know that I am firmly entrenched in low carb eating. I came home and ate a low carb late lunch, and a low carb dinner.

I have never had the "low carb flu", so I doubt tomorrow will be an issue when I wake up.

I actually feel really good about having cheated BECAUSE I already know that the horse was waiting for me, and I jumped right back on.

My birthday is in 6 weeks, and my grandmother will likely bring over my favorite all time dinner.....*HER* lasagna..... I don't really like anybody else' but hers.... maybe I'll have just a small amount, but I won't hurt her feelings by refusing it.... It is a 20+ year tradition of hers - to make people their favorite birthday meal..... and she is 96 years old..... so I'm not going to tell her "no", and then I will get back up on the horse again.

Overall, I am proud and RELIEVED that I now know that I am stronger than food, and that I control my destiny, and that I can get back up on the horse without a 2nd thought. I am not at all craving, or even desiring more carbs.... and haven't all day.

I think the lesson I learned here today is to not beat yourself up if you have a transgression. Just live, learn, and move on.

Last edited by Garlic; 07-05-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
Good for you! This is what is meant by this is a lifestyle, not a diet.

About that lasagna...can I have some? LOL Lasagna is one of my favorites. Just a thought, but could you ask your g'ma to leave the noodles off one end of the pan? That way you can have all the goodies and not have the noodles. Or, have the noodles, it's your birthday.
greybb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlic View Post
Overall, I am proud and RELIEVED that I now know that I am stronger than food, and that I control my destiny, and that I can get back up on the horse without a 2nd thought.
I am not at all craving, or even desiring more carbs.... and haven't all day.

I think the lesson I learned here today is to not beat yourself up if you have a transgression. Just live, learn, and move on.
AWESOME!!!

Good for you, Garlic!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Some people can have cheat meals and get right back on plan. I am not one of those people.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Garlic
Stats: 326 / 260 / 175
WOE: Atkins 2010
Start Date: May 25th, 2013
One thing I noticed today, and I have no idea if related, but I am VERY hungry. Still, though, I have no desire for carbs, so I guess I lucked out on that front.
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote