Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Does anyone breakout when they eat carbs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/807450-does-anyone-breakout-when-they-eat-carbs.html)

asosanko 07-05-2013 12:04 PM

Does anyone breakout when they eat carbs?

I've been breaking out lately and I haven't necessarily been cheating just eating stuff like dreamfields and sara lee bread anyways.. I've been breaking out is this due to the wheat? Just curious :)

dawnyama 07-05-2013 05:35 PM

Yes. I notice that I break out when I eat sugar. I don't know if it is the wheat (I have read Wheat Belly and believe it could be)....does chocolate candy have wheat???.....or sugar. But when I go off plan it is because of chocolate candy bars and that makes me break out. I Know it is due to my diet because when I apply a detox diet to myself, I always get clear skin. You would think that I would learn to not go off plan, but noooo. This is not enough to deter me from cheating, unfortunately :sad: chocolate just tastes too good to me. Hopefully one day that will change.

Let me add that my breakouts when I eat off plan are all over my body. I break out on my arms, chest, back. Not just on my face.

suzanneyea 07-06-2013 04:19 AM

Dream fields is not a great low carb choice for most of us. I ate a higher level of carbs for my pregnancy and did break out.

cinglessofme 07-06-2013 09:16 AM

Yes, its probably an intolerance to wheat or gluten or both. Before I went strick lc back jn January I broke out with nasty, itchy hives all over my body- head to toe. I mean I literally had hives on the tops of my feet and the most itchy ones were on the tops of my hands and on my rear. I ended up taking a daily dose of Allegra because my Dr's in all their wisdom coulnt figure out the source so they did what many American Dr's do- treat the symptoms and to heck with diagnosing the cause. Though my experience I have come to recognize them as nothing more than legal drug dealers. I digress. To answer the OP's question yes I breakout when I eat wheat products. I still dont know what I am truly intolerant of but I have had no more flare ups not taken another Allegra since going strict lc.

Seeking 07-06-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asosanko (Post 16501398)
I've been breaking out lately and I haven't necessarily been cheating just eating stuff like dreamfields and sara lee bread anyways.. I've been breaking out is this due to the wheat? Just curious :)

Yes, when I cheat and eat more starches or sugars than I should, I break out. Almost as sure as the sunrise.

Aquarius 07-08-2013 12:27 PM

Not sure why, but I break out when I go off plan. When I am on plan, my skin is very clear.

mamabat 07-08-2013 01:22 PM

Sugars definitely makes me break out. Took me almost 40 years to figure THAT out. :p

llisarray 07-08-2013 07:01 PM

Not that I've noticed .... Well except that they make me 'break out ' in fat !!!

Katrina_GQ 07-25-2013 01:00 PM

I always breakout when I eat sugar and starches. This WOE is the only thing that keeps my acne at bay.

Aomiel 07-25-2013 02:00 PM

I'm 57 and have often wondered when puberty would end. Well it apparently ended last February...after about 6 weeks of 100% abstenence from anything but protein and non-starch vegies. Now people ask me what I do to have such lovely skin. I just tell them...eat low carb.

Off My Duff 07-28-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aomiel (Post 16531024)
I'm 57 and have often wondered when puberty would end. Well it apparently ended last February...after about 6 weeks of 100% abstenence from anything but protein and non-starch vegies. Now people ask me what I do to have such lovely skin. I just tell them...eat low carb.

This is good to know. I'm going on 57 myself, and have had more trouble with my skin the last several years than I ever had when I was a teenager.

Another good reason to improve my diet!

exotec 07-28-2013 02:58 PM

I don't "break out" in the way you mean here... but I do have a bad reaction if I have a load of carbs. To me, it's more like a carb "sick"... very similar to what you might expect with celiac (from what I've heard). That stuff gets down just as far as the first section of my intestine and then lies there and ferments. I get a piercing headache which will eventually radiate across my shoulders, and the only way to stop it is to just get that stuff out. TMI, I know.

I suppose the "good" (?) thing about this is that I get a "lesson" from my body about what I had better not do. I'm far less likely to succumb to my carb addiction thereafter, at least for a while!

cfine 07-29-2013 05:02 AM

Yes, I break out in acne from wheat and sugar.