Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   50 lbs in 6 months!!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/807319-50-lbs-6-months.html)

Julie1972 07-03-2013 02:12 AM

50 lbs in 6 months!!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Today i hit a major milestone! I've lost 50 pounds in 6 months! Even typing it I find it hard to believe! I have spent most of the last decade over 200 lbs and mainly stayed at a size 18 pants and 2X or 3X for shirts. My weight negatively affected my life in so many ways, many of which I wasn't even aware of. I was tired, cranky, self conscious, unmotivated, anti-social, and certainly not as happy as I could have been! I also became very concerned about my health, which ultimately led me to begin this weight loss journey. I am a wife and a mom to two wonderful boys and I need to be there for them for many years to come!

I didn't start gaining weight until my late twenties, after giving birth to my first child. I never really had to worry about what I ate prior to that. I used food as a reward, a comfort, a way to celebrate and a way to fix boredom. In my mind I was somehow justified in my eating habits because I deserved to eat that way. I was never really a binge eater but I did eat way too much and made really bad food choices. For the last dozen years I have tried a bunch of different diets but only had success with low carb. However, I would lose some weight, give up after a stall and then gain it all back (and then some in many cases). I suffered from chronic back pain, frequent digestion issues and frequent tummy troubles. I also was beginning to have high blood pressure, which really scared me since my mom died from a heart attack at the age of 53.

Since beginning this low carb journey, I have dropped from a tight size 18 pants to a loose fitting size 12 and I feel so much better. I am also down to a size large shirt! I am now happier, more confident, more interactive with my sons, and so much healthier! My back pain is gone, my indigestion issues are gone and no more tummy issues! I also am back to normal blood pressure!! :jumpjoy:

My style in clothes has also changed dramatically. Previously I always bought clothes that were too big because I thought that helped hide my weight. Now I like to wear cuter and better fitting clothes. I am 40 years old but feel like I'm in my twenties again!

A few times I went multiple weeks with no weight loss, but thankfully I stuck with it. I had 4 off plan meals total and it took me a week each time to lose the extra weight and get back in ketosis. So not worth it!! Each time I regretted it afterwards. However, it is all part of the learning experience! :)

In addition to this WOE I also added exercise. I do 3 days a week on the treadmill, 3 miles and I'm up to 8% incline (gradually increased this). I know many believe exercise is not critical for weight loss but I think it is a "YMMV" thing as I don't think I would have lost nearly as much without it. I also don't think I would feel as healthy.

My goal is 160 so I still have 9 pounds to go. I really want to be a size 10. I have already added almonds to my allowed food list but will eventually add small portions of berries and other dairy products like cottage cheese as part of OWL. I know my weight loss will slow down, but I'm ok with that. I will continue to monitor it daily and adjust my diet as necessary.

This certainly hasn't been easy and I still feel like I'm making a huge sacrifice by skipping the donuts that frequently show up in the kitchen at work. I also still struggle with bread baskets at restaurants (especially the garlic cheese biscuits at Red Lobster)!! I really don't think that will ever go away for me, although it does get easier with time.

During this last 6 months I have found so much motivation and comfort from this site. The folks here have been so supportive, so informative and so inspirational. Reading daily has really helped me stay focused, stay on plan and learn about potential pitfalls. I have been an active participant on the monthly challenge threads in the Atkins Induction forum and it has really been fun reading each day about everyone else's progress. Many thanks to all my friends in that forum! I really don't think I would have made it this far without everyone!

Sorry for the novel. This forum is very therapeutic! :):):)

Thanks to everyone for sharing their triumphs, challenges and new ideas/recipes. This is a very special community!
:jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

missmarple 07-03-2013 03:16 AM

Thats awesome!!!
you encourage me to stick with it also so that in time I too will be able to post about success.

RobbyC 07-03-2013 03:48 AM

WTG! You must feel great!

GailyGail 07-03-2013 04:17 AM

Congratulations! Your success is so inspiring and great to see. You have just motivated so many folks to stick with it too. Go you!

Jackie123 07-03-2013 04:31 AM

:jumpjoy::shake::jumpjoy: congrats!!!

piglet513 07-03-2013 04:38 AM

This really motivates me! Sometimes I just really wish it would come off faster, but looking at your stats and knowing that it's possible to be there in 6 months just makes me feel so much better! Thanks for sharing and great job!!!

3kidsandasheltie 07-03-2013 05:03 AM

congrats!

princessmommy 07-03-2013 05:23 AM

Julie i'm Sooo proud Of you and For you! You Are Rocking girl!! Way to Go!!

Mistizoom 07-03-2013 06:02 AM

:jumpjoy: Congratulations on your success! KUTGW for those last 9 lbs.!

Spod 07-03-2013 06:42 AM

Congratulations!!! That's so fantastic :) Enjoy every minute with your new rockin' bod and all the health benefits it brings.

Teefie 07-03-2013 06:49 AM

Congratuations! I'm so happy for you!

NewestAtkinsFan 07-03-2013 06:50 AM

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Congratulations! I look forward to the day that I also can share my own 50lbs lost story! I am bookmarking/subscribing to your thread for daily motivation! WTG! :clap: :jumpjoy:

baileygirl3 07-03-2013 07:41 AM

I just wanted to congratulate you! That is so awesome!!!!! WTG!

Flutter 07-03-2013 07:51 AM

I don't venture over to this side often, but wanted to post a big ole CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!! You "sound" elated, proud, HAPPY and just understandably giddy about your 50# accomplishment! So happy for you!!! All that hard work has completely changed your life! YAY YOU!!!!!!!! :clap: :heart:

MindAtEaze 07-03-2013 07:54 AM

congratulations. keep up the good work

Aquarius 07-03-2013 07:54 AM

Congratulations to you on your success! And thanks for sharing your story, it is very inspirational.

Rhubarb 07-03-2013 08:35 AM

Way to go! Your enthusiasm and excitement shines through in your post. Very inspiring!

Luckyone2934 07-03-2013 09:05 AM

Congratulations!! :jumpjoy: :high5: :up:

Shimmer 07-03-2013 09:06 AM

Awwwsommmme!!:up:

Phranquie 07-03-2013 09:20 AM

Congratulations on your success. Keep as motivated as your are now and you will succeed in getting those last pounds off and keeping the weight off permanently.

When the bread basket comes just push it out of your reach! And remind yourself that no donut tastes as good as the success and accomplishment you feel now.

thatphdguy 07-03-2013 09:57 AM

Way to go!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kiley2801 07-03-2013 11:51 AM

:high5: :jumpjoy:

Stacy O 07-03-2013 02:40 PM

This is fantastic - I am so inspired!!!

cfine 07-03-2013 03:54 PM

WTG!

Julie1972 07-03-2013 04:37 PM

Thanks much everyone! Can't stop smiling today! :):):)

frank 07-03-2013 05:41 PM

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:

SweetSugaree 07-03-2013 09:32 PM

:jumpjoy:CONGRATS JULIE!:jumpjoy:
You are an inspiration to us all!
:up:

LauraDavis 07-03-2013 11:19 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpj oy: I'd keep going with them but we know that doesn't turn out very well so just imagine the entire screen filled with :jumpjoy:!!!!

majomor 07-04-2013 09:05 AM

Congrats

You are an inspiration to all...great work!

This time 07-04-2013 09:54 AM

:clap::clap::clap: