Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Oh my goodness! My bra strap (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/807299-oh-my-goodness-my-bra-strap.html)

melkhamilton 07-02-2013 06:09 PM

Oh my goodness! My bra strap

Nothing dirty here! :hyst: But...something amazing just happened to me, one week into LC!

So as all of the women here know (men, consider this your first and perhaps only bra tutorial), the number on a bra size measures the midriff. A place where I am VERY fat. Always, even when I got "all the way" up to 120 lbs. in my 20s and thought I'd die. LOL.

Well, I'm one week into LC (20g/day) and I just got out of the shower and put on my bra...and it just went to the smallest set of hooks right away...no tugging, no pulling, I didn't even mean to do it.

In fact, I wear this bra on the middle set of hooks and that's a very tight squeeze as it is. I just couldn't admit how horrifying my real midriff measurement was (42") so I kept squeezing in there.

I have lost enough (in water, obviously, but who cares! :p ) already for my midriff to be at least an inch smaller; that's what it has to be in order to fit so casually/easily on the smallest set of hooks. It's comfortable. It's not stretched. It's not pinching. At all.

There are tears in my eyes, oh my God that must sound stupid.

Oh my goodness. I am just...flabbergasted. I'm doing the Happy Dance. I can't believe this.

It feels like a miracle.

Small victory but I just wanted to share it.

Julie1972 07-02-2013 06:11 PM

Congrats and KUTGW!

Aleina 07-02-2013 06:16 PM

The unexpected ones are the nicest ones. Well done, it must feel great. I hate the things anyway as they are not comfortable at the best of times. :high5:

Now go measure the rest of you before it all disappears. It helps when one day the scale won't budge or you lose in the wrong place. I lose on the thighs first which is not my biggest problem area according to me.

snowmop 07-02-2013 06:23 PM

Isn't low carb amazing??? Keep up the good work!

clackley 07-02-2013 06:25 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

SweetSugaree 07-02-2013 09:54 PM

This same exact thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, lol...I thought I was the only one excited about a bra strap. Good for you and congrats. :)

melkhamilton 07-02-2013 10:35 PM

Thanks, everyone!

rubidoux 07-02-2013 10:52 PM

That's such a great feeling! When I first started LC this most recent time around, I had all sorts of very important reasons to do it, but I also was about to bust out of all my bras and couldn't bear (bare?) the thought of buying even bigger bras. I remember how great I felt about just not spilling over those dumb bras. lol. And ya know, I must have really been squeezing in bc I have lost 55 pounds now and one of them is still in the rotation! :laugh:

Ntombi 07-02-2013 10:53 PM

My bras getting looser was the first tangible difference in my weight loss. It's an awesome feeling. :)

PLEASE do measure, I swear you'll kick yourself if you don't. I measure monthly, and it's nice to see the numbers go down every month.

LauraDavis 07-02-2013 11:32 PM

I had just switched to sports bras but understand the feeling, I just got back into my nice bras. The cup is almost too big now so will have to go shopping soon. Darn huh... I mean shopping ....:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

melkhamilton 07-03-2013 02:21 AM

I will definitely measure! Thank you all so very much!

RDBhan 07-03-2013 05:58 AM

Well, obviously I don't have any experience wearing bras, but I do understand the feeling of (unexpectedly) having things fit more nicely. Good for you! No shame in having happy tears over this. Remember this feeling! It will serve you when the times of slower weight loss occur.

3kidsandasheltie 07-03-2013 06:09 AM

awesome! its a great feeling! I started this journey in a 42/44 band and now can wear a 34 which is becoming a little to big for me!

Nbateman06 07-03-2013 07:30 AM

That is wonderful sweetie! Great job!

Aquarius 07-03-2013 10:12 AM

Too funny. I too was in denial and refused to acknowledge how big my midriff measurement had gotten, so I was squeezing in to the same old bra size (bigger than when I am thin, but it was the upper limit I was willing to accept). I even got those extenders rather than face a larger size. So silly. Anyway, the day the bras actually FIT again was a happy day, then each time I could go down a set of hooks was a happy day. The day I could go down a size was a freaking celebration - I bought a whole new bra wardrobe in a single shopping trip.

So yeah, I don't think the tears are silly at all. :) Congratulations! Low carb is wonderful and there are more small victories to come.

emel 07-04-2013 04:23 AM

I have the same feeling about jeans, so I get it about the bras.

One thought about measuring--- I didn't notice any inches reduction for a month but I went down a jeans size. I think the nature of the stored fat is changing at my waist and hips, so even though the inches are the same, the fat is more compliant about fitting nicely into older, smaller jeans.

And just today I saw an inch gone from waist and hips and I am down a second size of jeans. So only one inch here and there took me from a 16 to a 12. Groovy.

ETA... the ones I'm wearing right now fit comfortably. 5 weeks ago I couldn't even get them over my hips, and now they slide right on and zip right up.

avid 07-04-2013 07:10 AM

I too can relate to the pleasant surprise when clothing that was once snug is now loose.
It's great. When I was struggling to get to my final goal, I bought two pair of jeans that fit pretty tight. It was motivation for me to lose those last few pounds.
Funny thing. I haven't really lost much since then, maybe a pound or so, but just the other day I noticed that they were loose. I washed them, which with jeans always makes them tighter but I still needed a belt. I always marvel at how you can drop inches but not weight, and how suddenly it seems to happen.
This metabolism business is very odd indeed.

MtherGoos 07-04-2013 01:39 PM

Congratulations! Sometimes it's those NSV's that keep us going! I recently had to dip into the stack of bras in my drawer that I thought I'd never wear again. Such a great feeling!!

LauraDavis 07-04-2013 10:57 PM

I have a lepord print bra that I keep eyeballing!!!! I'm gonna be there soon enough. Should be around 180# so only 30# to go... something to look forward to.

MtherGoos 07-05-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraDavis (Post 16500650)
I have a lepord print bra that I keep eyeballing!!!! I'm gonna be there soon enough. Should be around 180# so only 30# to go... something to look forward to.

Go Laura!! :high5: You'll be rocking that Leopard Print Bra in no time! I don't have the nerve to get anything that sexy yet...... but soon!

LauraDavis 07-06-2013 11:52 PM

It's a left-over from slimer times! But I'm gonna be sportin it soon than I think! I am a firm believer that every women should have a sexy leopard print bra!

godsbeloved79 07-10-2013 02:29 PM

That's awesome news Mel. Keep up the good work!

Aomiel 07-11-2013 08:57 AM

I love the non-scale victories more than the scale. Congratulations!