Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   restarting induction after stall, help plz (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806778-restarting-induction-after-stall-help-plz.html)

sid 06-25-2013 04:09 AM

restarting induction after stall, help plz

Hi,
I have been doing induction for about 3 months now and have lost 19 kg (41 lbs) in fist 2.5 months though i stalled in between then but i did egg fast and lost 4 kg again (81 lbs) but once again i stuck and need to lose 22 lbs more in next 6 weeks as my holidays are already booked , now problem is that i took a week break trying other diets including fasting for three days but still stuck and from yesterday i started atkins induction again so im just wondering that will i go back losing as i did earlier on induction and if not then what shall i do next as i have no other diet to follow also im doing daily one hour work out in gym which includes half an hour of treadmill and 30 mins skiing , let me mention that im strictly following atkins induction recipes, like eggs, cheddar, meat , chicken, prawns, courgette, tomatoes salad, black coffee only 2 cups and lots of water.what change do i need to do to kick start again as i did weigh today and is still there, i also read that it takes 3 days to go in ketosis, im lost plz guide me what to do. i just need a quick fix for losing remaining pounds.

dianthus 06-25-2013 05:04 AM

Wow, I'm getting anxious just reading your post. You have done amazing well in the past 3 months. Could you celebrate that accomplishment for a week or so? You sound desperate to lose a certain amount of additional weight in a short period, but your body will only go so far, so fast. The fact is that you will probably never lose as fast as you did in your original induction, and if you only have 22 more to lose, it will be slower as you get closer to goal. I would not try other extreme diets or crazy exercise schemes. Keep on the induction path, eat clean, get some healthy exercise and know that you are probably looking so much better than at the start. If you post some sample eating plans with amounts, someone on this board will advise you whether it is appropriate.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-25-2013 05:30 AM

I agree with dianthus. You have done an amazing job already, but if your goal is to lose more weight by a certain time period then by all means you have the option to do that.

First, let me say that I have only been living the Atkins Induction/Meat and Eggs woe for 2 months now, so I don't know how much my input will carry, but here are my thoughts.

Try something new workout wise If you traditionally do the eliptical/treadmill, how about trying the stair climber or maybe a 20 minute jump rople routine; I've heard that the same-ole type of workouts can cause the body to stall.

If you are a daily weigher try to pinpoint a food that's stalling you Cheese stalled me, so I try to limit my intake of it. If you are a salad eater look at the type of salad you are eating better yet your dressing. You may want to try eating some foods one day and not the next and see if that makes the difference. I hope I worded all that in a way you could understand. :confused:

Are you getting enough sleep? As corny as this may sound but it's when we sleep that the "weight loss makeover" happens.

Are you eating enough? I know that this woe does change our appetites and you probably do not find yourself snacking all day as you used to in the past but it is important to eat enough so your body doesn't go in "starvation mode." If you only eat 3 meals a day try incorporating 1 or 2 snacks (pepperoni slices, beef jerky, another 0-3 carb food you like to have).

Anyway, these are just my humble opinions and thoughts. Best of Luck to you.

lterry913 06-25-2013 07:43 AM

And measure yourself ...just because you are not losing pounds does not means you are not losing inches...with exercise our body size will shrink while weight remains the same sometimes. Muscles burn more fat so maybe increase weight/resistance workout and lessen cardio a bit...just a thought.

sid 06-25-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan (Post 16485924)
I agree with dianthus. You have done an amazing job already, but if your goal is to lose more weight by a certain time period then by all means you have the option to do that.

First, let me say that I have only been living the Atkins Induction/Meat and Eggs woe for 2 months now, so I don't know how much my input will carry, but here are my thoughts.

Try something new workout wise If you traditionally do the eliptical/treadmill, how about trying the stair climber or maybe a 20 minute jump rople routine; I've heard that the same-ole type of workouts can cause the body to stall.

If you are a daily weigher try to pinpoint a food that's stalling you Cheese stalled me, so I try to limit my intake of it. If you are a salad eater look at the type of salad you are eating better yet your dressing. You may want to try eating some foods one day and not the next and see if that makes the difference. I hope I worded all that in a way you could understand. :confused:

Are you getting enough sleep? As corny as this may sound but it's when we sleep that the "weight loss makeover" happens.

Are you eating enough? I know that this woe does change our appetites and you probably do not find yourself snacking all day as you used to in the past but it is important to eat enough so your body doesn't go in "starvation mode." If you only eat 3 meals a day try incorporating 1 or 2 snacks (pepperoni slices, beef jerky, another 0-3 carb food you like to have).

Anyway, these are just my humble opinions and thoughts. Best of Luck to you.

Thanks for your really valued advices, well let me tell u my routine food intake these days.

Breakfast: 2eggs with half tomatoe, half onion and half cup chedder with black coffee 1 cup.

Lunch: beef meatballs with 1 salad tomatoe OR prawns with some lettuce

Dinner: one Courgette with some green pepper and onion OR half courgette with half tomatoe and 2 eggs

in snack i go for bolied egg about 2 in a day and 1 more cup of black coffee with out any sweetner

but yes as u mentioned i guess i need to stop eating chedder may be, also from today im going to start more walk on treadmill with out inclination and only 20 min of skiing and then see what happens as today was the second day of my re induction so i think i need to weight for one more day as i read it take 3 days to go in ketosis. will update then but if u have any advices looking at my diet please share with us. thank you and yes i dont get enough sleep as ihave a 4 months baby to look after in nights too:S

sid 06-25-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16486165)
And measure yourself ...just because you are not losing pounds does not means you are not losing inches...with exercise our body size will shrink while weight remains the same sometimes. Muscles burn more fat so maybe increase weight/resistance workout and lessen cardio a bit...just a thought.

yes i do look on inches and they are losing but not as quick as it was:(

Patience 06-25-2013 08:31 AM

I beleive tomatoes are not allowed on Atkins induction.
I am not sure about onions . . . .

suzanneyea 06-25-2013 08:47 AM

Wow, onions have a lot of carbs. Tomatoes are definitely not on induction. Nor is a half cup of cheese. Use a lot fewer onions and reduce or eliminate dairy.
Some sea foods also has carbs.
But, I also want to say. Do not be too extreme. You cannot force your body to lose weight for a vacation. Try to thing of the bigger picture, make choices you can live with for life.

emel 06-25-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16486249)
I beleive tomatoes are not allowed on Atkins induction.
I am not sure about onions . . . .

The current atkins induction plan allows/suggests 1/4 cup raw onion for 2.8 net carbs, and 1 raw tomato for 4.3 net carbs. They are listed under 'other vegetables', in the section prefaced thusly:

The following vegetables are slightly higher than the salad vegetables listed above; they also provide
important nutrients and add variety to your daily foods. Make sure you stay within the 12-15 grams net
carbs.

sid 06-25-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16486285)
The current atkins induction plan allows/suggests 1/4 cup raw onion for 2.8 net carbs, and 1 raw tomato for 4.3 net carbs. They are listed under 'other vegetables', in the section prefaced thusly:

The following vegetables are slightly higher than the salad vegetables listed above; they also provide
important nutrients and add variety to your daily foods. Make sure you stay within the 12-15 grams net
carbs.

yes you are right as i follow the recipes given on atkins official website and also calculate my carbs from them , or earlier i was following menu plan suggested on atkins website so these recipes are there on website so i hope they are fine but still i will not have cheddar and restrict tomatoes too any other suggestions are welcome please.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-25-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid (Post 16486171)
Thanks for your really valued advices, well let me tell u my routine food intake these days.

Breakfast: 2eggs with half tomatoe, half onion and half cup chedder with black coffee 1 cup.

Lunch: beef meatballs with 1 salad tomatoe OR prawns with some lettuce

Dinner: one Courgette with some green pepper and onion OR half courgette with half tomatoe and 2 eggs

in snack i go for bolied egg about 2 in a day and 1 more cup of black coffee with out any sweetner

. . .and yes i dont get enough sleep as ihave a 4 months baby to look after in nights too:S

Well, babies and are wonderful reason for lack of sleep. Congratulations! :clap:

As far as your menu goes, I'd be more concerned with the tomatoes than than the cheddar. I don't know if it's just one of your favorite foods and you "have to have it" [ I'm that way with peanut butter so believe me I understand if that's the case] but incorporate it in your week sporadically. I'd have it at lunch on M and then at Dinner on Tuesday rather than in 2 or 3 meals the same day. Moderation and pre-preparation of foods may be the key to breaking the plateau here.

sid 06-26-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan (Post 16486375)
Well, babies and are wonderful reason for lack of sleep. Congratulations! :clap:

As far as your menu goes, I'd be more concerned with the tomatoes than than the cheddar. I don't know if it's just one of your favorite foods and you "have to have it" [ I'm that way with peanut butter so believe me I understand if that's the case] but incorporate it in your week sporadically. I'd have it at lunch on M and then at Dinner on Tuesday rather than in 2 or 3 meals the same day. Moderation and pre-preparation of foods may be the key to breaking the plateau here.

well yes from today i have stopped tomatoes and onions as well as cheddar just neat 2 scrambled eggs with black coffee and for lunch prawns with some lettuce and for dinner eggs and courgette or may be a cougette with green pepper, thisis for today so lets see the results tomorrow then.:dunno:

emel 06-26-2013 05:27 AM

oooh if you take away cheese you should add some oil or butter. I like olive oil. It's satisfying, and it takes the place of the fat you get in the cheese.

(but I'm fine with using cheese and tomato myself. I just watch the portions. And I still add butter or olive oil to things.)

NewestAtkinsFan 06-26-2013 09:54 AM

Sid,

Was just wondering if the number on the scale went down today at all (if you are a daily weigher)? Let us know!

sid 07-08-2013 11:45 AM

Need serious help, again stuck

Hi, i have been on low carb diet for last 3 months and have lost about 48 pound but in this whole journey i stuck many time , once i break the stall with egg fast then next time fat fast worked for me but on the last day of fat fast i was really sick and felt like vomiting so i had to quit every thing and drank green tea and eat high fibre food now since then i am in trouble as i tried again induction but not worked then i tried fat fast for 3 days but my weight was actually gained back about a pound and that is really stress full for me as im really putting my efforts. Now where i stand is that i need to go back into ketosis as there is only 17 pounds left to lose and i have only one month left in holidays ( plz don't give me suggestions that don't have to lose so quick and all as i really have to lose these last 17 pounds in a month time) Now im thinking to kick start again with EGG and MEAT fast and i have planned this menu:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs in olive oil ( or should i go for butter?)

Lunch: 2 boned thighs grilled in butter with 1 hard boiled egg and 1 TBSP of Mayo (OR should i skip mayo?)

Dinner: 2 chicken kebabs with one hard boiled egg or two

does this sounds ok or will it work for me to go back once again in ketosis as the FAT FAST is not working in spite the fact that i used a lot of Fat during fat fast but my body is not going into ketosis. So why my body is not going again into ketosis whereas when i tried fat fast first time i lost 6.6 pounds in 5 days and now nothing is working:(

Plz help me and answer my questions that: is my menu ok and will it work again?

and if not then what shall i do to lose these last few pounds.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

rosethorns 07-08-2013 12:27 PM

I hate to burst your bubble but that last 17 lbs could take months to get it off.

You might want to try the JUDD diet. Check it out.I remember Beeb was trying to take off that last 15 lbs. and she couldn't , so she went to JUDD and is very happy with her results. Your body does NOT want to give up that last little bit of fat so it will hold on.

Your menu sounds great.
Good luck.

sid 07-08-2013 03:15 PM

thanks but im not understanding the science of JUDDD i mean how it works? one days eating very less and the other day eating as much as u can , how can this lose weight:S

Dottie 07-08-2013 03:18 PM

There are sticky threads at the top of the JUDDD forum that explain the plan. You need to read those:)

Patience 07-08-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs in olive oil ( or should i go for butter?)

Lunch: 2 boned thighs grilled in butter with 1 hard boiled egg and 1 TBSP of Mayo (OR should i skip mayo?)

Dinner: 2 chicken kebabs with one hard boiled egg or two

This looks pretty good to me. I prefer my eggs in butter, but your choice.
I would include the mayo (but check your ingredient list if store bought). Sometime I just mix my boiled eggs with a bit of sour cream. That is good, too.

sid 07-08-2013 03:38 PM

thanks bella but do u think i will go back into ketosis and not regain weight as i mentioned in post.?

Rhubarb 07-08-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid (Post 16505500)
thanks bella but do u think i will go back into ketosis and not regain weight as i mentioned in post.?

I did the meat and egg thing to break a stall and I went into deep ketosis within 24 hours. I even had a little bit of induction flu. And I hadn't been eating more than 25 carbs a day at the time.

I don't know if that will happen for you. But I've found in maintenance that when I gain to my upper limit if I do just meat and egg the next day, I go right back down. For me, very low carb (less than 10) seems to work really well for losing quickly.

Good luck.

Patience 07-08-2013 04:04 PM

That would do it for me, but we are all different. Seems to me that you just keep your carbs very low (you are), and if you dont' eat too much else (sounds like you are not overeating), you should get into ketosis. I just my have my own experience and what I read here to go on.

sid 07-09-2013 12:35 AM

thanks again ok im going to start it today do u think i need to replace dinner with eggs to make the fat content higher and protein mediuim or is this menu is just right to follow , also can i add a cup of coffee with double cream?

Rhubarb 07-09-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid (Post 16505929)
thanks again ok im going to start it today do u think i need to replace dinner with eggs to make the fat content higher and protein mediuim or is this menu is just right to follow , also can i add a cup of coffee with double cream?

I drank cream with my coffee every day.

I didn't get too fine with the protein/fat ratios on the meat and egg thing. It's a pretty high protein regime, obviously. I was just trying to curb my appetite and stay low very low carb for a period of time.

Maybe see how you feel after a couple of days.

There is a thread on "other plans" called the meat and egg fast. I'd go over there and ask the folks who are doing it for input. They're very helpful.

Good luck.

Midlyfechrysalis 07-09-2013 10:16 PM

Congrats on your work so far!

I think, based on my previous experience and having been a member here for years, that you might be too quick to call stretches of time a "stall." Losing weight healthfully is not a linear process.

Keep doing what has been working for going on 3 months. :)