Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Week 5 With an 8 Day Stall... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806763-week-5-8-day-stall.html)

SweetSugaree 06-24-2013 05:24 PM

Week 5 With an 8 Day Stall...

I know that eight days isn't considered a stall, but I'm tying to figure out why I haven't lost anything. I am wondering if I am not eating enough calories or enough carbs. Most days I am just not hungry to eat a whole lot. I know I'm following the diet right, I've done this a few times. Nuts never stall me, but I even gave up my small little package of 1 ounce nuts I eat every day, and still no weight loss. Maybe I am retaining water. Just not sure. Anyone had this happen to them before? I hate this feeling because no weight loss makes me feel impatient with the diet, lol... Even if it was just half a pound that would make me happy. But I keep going back and forth with 226lbs to 225lbs on the scale, it's weird.
:dunno:

txsgrl77 06-24-2013 06:23 PM

I"m having the same problem...but no insight since this is the first time I've ever tried the low carb woe. I am the same way....impatient. I know I shouldn't be and it will happen when it happens...but when you're doing everything right it's a bummer to not see that scale move :(

Mistizoom 06-24-2013 07:27 PM

It looks like you've lost about 25 pounds in 5 weeks?! That's great!! Your body is just probably doing a bit of catch up. Just stick with the plan and the scale will eventually move again. I know the feeling though...I've had a couple points where I wonder if the scale will start moving again...it always has so far.

SweetSugaree 06-24-2013 08:57 PM

Yes, I have actually lost 21 lbs on Atkins. The other four pounds was prior to starting. I am definitely not giving up. :)
I was just wondering if a stall like this is normal. I also did kind of think to myself that my body is just catching up as well. I just have never went more than a few days without loss, so I was puzzled. :)

rndiane 06-24-2013 09:13 PM

It's normal. I have periods of 2-3 weeks with no loss then one morning I will wake up and see 2 pounds gone. You have had really good success so far.:shake:

rubidoux 06-24-2013 11:12 PM

Oh my! You have been losing fast! I think your body is adjusting and any day now you'll have a whoosh.

emel 06-25-2013 03:34 AM

If I had lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It takes time for the body to adjust--it has to regulate the water that is filling up the space that fat used to take up in your cells. It could be a natural rise in how much water the body needs to hold onto for metabolism (this can easily swing between 4 lbs and trying to 'fix' it is counter-productive because the body needs the water to digest/absorb/metabolize its fuel.

suzanneyea 06-25-2013 05:01 AM

Totally normal to have a few weeks with no loss.

AnnetteW 06-25-2013 05:46 AM

I also track my bodyfat and waist measurement along with my weight. If at least one goes down, I know I'm doing okay. I've just started week 8 and my weight moves so slowly right now, but it's still a downward trend. I average my weight each week and then use that average weight to figure out the average I lost for the week. Each week has been lower than the week before, though one week was only 0.1 lb less, so barely a loss, but bodyfat dropped 1.5% that week (done in averages also.)

So if you are going to weigh daily and get hung up on numbers (like me) try using averages. If the numbers go up then you ARE gaining.

Also, maintaining for a week or so isn't all that bad. It's better than gaining and your body is getting a little rest.

LCWizard 06-25-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 16485779)
Oh my! You have been losing fast! I think your body is adjusting and any day now you'll have a whoosh.

This! I know its hard to be patient....but you are doing great! :)