Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I think I overdid the fat yesterday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806729-i-think-i-overdid-fat-yesterday.html)

RhondaC 06-24-2013 06:59 AM

I think I overdid the fat yesterday

Yesterday, I had bacon with cream cheese for breakfast, pepperoni with cream cheese for snacks twice, a big lunch (steak and broccoli with butter), and pulled pork (very rich) with SF cole slaw for a late dinner. The cold slaw is made with mayo and sour cream.

Well, I was up with a very upset stomach all night! I think it was the pork that did it, especially after all that fat and grease I ate all day.

I still felt funny this morning, and couldn't stomach the idea of eating an egg or bacon for breakfast. Even the thought of cream in my coffee was yucky! So I broke down and just had an Atkins Day Break bar.

Do you think it was too much fat? Or something else? I was also up 1/2 pound this morning. :(

Patience 06-24-2013 07:07 AM

Hard to say, but if this is a lot more fat than usually eat that might be the case.

emel 06-24-2013 07:48 AM

Nothing wrong with your food choices. Do you think the quantities were right for you?
Sometimes I have to be mindful that I am eating to satisfaction/fullness and not beyond. Not saying you did eat beyond satisfaction, but with me it could have been that.

Sorry you had stomach upset. Hope you're feeling better.

RhondaC 06-24-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16484485)
Hard to say, but if this is a lot more fat than usually eat that might be the case.

Not really more than usual. But the pork was very fatty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16484577)
Nothing wrong with your food choices. Do you think the quantities were right for you?
Sometimes I have to be mindful that I am eating to satisfaction/fullness and not beyond. Not saying you did eat beyond satisfaction, but with me it could have been that.

Sorry you had stomach upset. Hope you're feeling better.

Could be too. I ate the whole steak, and had seconds on the pork. :(. That was probably it.

Thanks both of you! :)

clackley 06-24-2013 08:33 AM

It could be that it was the amount of fat. There is a shift in digestion when going from the SAD to a high fat woe - particularly if you were mostly low fat. Your system will adjust. Feel better soon.

nolcjunk 06-24-2013 10:42 AM

Sounds like too much fat for you.

I was raised on full fat foods my entire life (parents never bought into low fat) and to this day I can't have a lot of fat, particularly from meat and dairy, without feeling sick. If I drink one coffee with a small amount of hwc I am ok. If I have two then I get a gaggy feeling and an upset stomach. I will feel sick from bacon if it's not cooked until crisp/. Fatty steak like ribeye does the same thing, as well as overly greasy foods.

lowcarbella 06-25-2013 01:22 PM

just wanted to share,an enzyme called lipase is lacking for those who can't digest fat.
I take LPS by Theramedix(sp?) which is an an enzyme supplement and it helped me alot on a HFLC diet.
It is sold on Amazon or u can buy directly from their site