Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Breyers ice cream (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806705-breyers-ice-cream.html)

SkeeterN 06-23-2013 05:21 PM

Breyers ice cream

So many times because low carb may have a bad name who knows I have noticed that products we come to know and love change their name or just disappear.

For example: Heinz 1 carb ketchup is now Heinz low sugar ketchup. (same product)

Last night I saw in the freezer case Breyers Carb Smart ice cream and next to it Breyers no sugar added ice cream. I looked at the carbs and they are the same. So are we going to see them phase out carb smart for the other one?

watcher513 06-23-2013 05:26 PM

Probably just new Branding.

brimmy 06-23-2013 05:36 PM

I'm mad at them because I can't get the chocolate carb smart anywhere near me. Everyone carries the vanilla one, but the chocolate one is where it's at. Sadly when i look it up on their site, the nearest place that supposedly carries it is about 50 miles away.

SkeeterN 06-23-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brimmy (Post 16483837)
I'm mad at them because I can't get the chocolate carb smart anywhere near me. Everyone carries the vanilla one, but the chocolate one is where it's at. Sadly when i look it up on their site, the nearest place that supposedly carries it is about 50 miles away.

Well this no sugar added one seems like they are going to have more flavors than just 2

Garlic 06-23-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Four words.... Freezer... Road Trip. :D

JMacB 06-23-2013 05:53 PM

I talked to the manager at my store and he started carrying the chocolate one. You should let them know you'd buy it.

Garlic 06-23-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16483848)

Forgot "cooler", lol

2kids2cats 06-23-2013 07:01 PM

are these really low enough carb to eat as a treat?

SkeeterN 06-23-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kids2cats (Post 16483940)
are these really low enough carb to eat as a treat?

I recommend you eat this after you lose your weight. This might be a once in a while treat but not during weight loss. In my opinion. I do ok but I don't eat this often but I am in maintenance.

krissakris 06-23-2013 08:31 PM

I had to stop eatin this stuff it's so good I couldn't stop. I'd eat a carton in like two days and use all my carbs on ice cream haha. The only thing thy helped cut back was the awful stomachaches. I'm always tempted when it goes on sale though :/

JMacB 06-23-2013 08:38 PM

For me, I can have it as a treat, but the change in what I want from a treat has made a huge difference. I have a small bowl with one small scoop. I'm talking less than half a cup, probably more like a third of a cup, and not nightly. But I'm glad it is an option.

Mistizoom 06-23-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeeterN (Post 16483954)
I recommend you eat this after you lose your weight. This might be a once in a while treat but not during weight loss. In my opinion. I do ok but I don't eat this often but I am in maintenance.

This is a good tip. I tried some chocolate Carb Smart a few months ago and it was not good for my weight loss. I threw out the rest of the carton. It tasted great though.

That Girl 06-23-2013 08:47 PM

They used to sell a strawberry and a butter pecan ice cream...holy cow, they were awesome, I can't for the life of me figure out why they stopped carrying them..all low carb, fantastic!

2kids2cats 06-23-2013 08:48 PM

Thanks~! I don't even crave it, so I won't bother. I will be making a low carb cheesecake for July 4th. I know that will probably slow my loss down so I am going to just make a small one. I'm more into cake and cheesecake than I am ice cream. I am hoping to lose really well in the month of July since I am off work.

avid 06-23-2013 08:52 PM

Oooooooooooohhh .....low carb ketchup.
I noticed on the ingrediants it said "sucralose"...no high fructose corn syrup or sugar.
Sucralose is generic splenda right? So it's actually sf ketchup?
Ketchup is something I miss. I mean what's a burger without ketchup?

Demonica 06-23-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

The only place I can get the chocolate is Kroger's. Wal Mart doesn't carry it anymore (I only got it at Wal Mart because they are the only place open 24 hours). I'm shying away from the ice cream anyway because I have a hard time controlling myself with it. I ate a whole quart of the chocolate in one sitting one night. I paid dearly for it too:sick::o

brimmy 06-23-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16483848)

Oh believe me, i've done it before when the frozen meals were hard to find. I made long drives with coolers to buy them out of stock. I also drive a Prius so my MPG isn't quite the hinderance. I'm actually going to be in the area where this wal mart is that carries it in a few weeks because of a comedy show i'm attending. I might just have to make a quick stop afterwards on my way home.

miagracie 06-23-2013 10:49 PM

Is it me or is the vanilla kind of like butter rum flavor more than vanilla? I don't really care for it as much but the chocolate is wonderful.

We converted the grams to oz (hopefully correctly) for a single serving a measure out 2.4 oz a serving (bowl tarred on a postal scale).

If we're feeling festive we top with a little (3T) homemade whipped cream sweetened with liquid sucralose/spenda and a little bit (1T) of chopped walnuts and unsweetened coconut flakes (1T). Sometimes a bit of Walden Farms' no carb sugar free syrups.

greybb1 06-24-2013 05:19 AM

Blue Bunny makes the BEST sugar free ice cream. Their Butter Pecan rocks. Kroger makes a good sugar free ice cream with maraschino cherries and bitter chocolate flakes and you can get it for $2.50 on sale.

I've learned to stay away since I can eat a whole carton at a time, but when I do want some Ice Cream I'll buy So Delicious Coconut sugar free ice cream sweetened with E. It's really good and they have a great Chocolate and mint chip and almond chip flavors.

Taxbane 06-24-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybb1 (Post 16484244)
I do want some Ice Cream I'll buy So Delicious Coconut sugar free ice cream sweetened with E. It's really good and they have a great Chocolate and mint chip and almond chip flavors.

Yes this is the best IMO.

I used to have it ordered by the case from local health food store. Unfortunately they can't or won't get it anymore, nor can any grocery store near me. When I contacted the So Delicious (Turtle Mountain) they said they could not ship directly... even by the case. I don't get it.

I may have set up a straw grocery business, just to get products I want.

SkeeterN 06-24-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16484061)
Oooooooooooohhh .....low carb ketchup.
I noticed on the ingrediants it said "sucralose"...no high fructose corn syrup or sugar.
Sucralose is generic splenda right? So it's actually sf ketchup?
Ketchup is something I miss. I mean what's a burger without ketchup?

This is really good but such a tiny bottle for the price

mmorris 06-24-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissakris (Post 16484036)
I had to stop eatin this stuff it's so good I couldn't stop. I'd eat a carton in like two days and use all my carbs on ice cream haha. The only thing thy helped cut back was the awful stomachaches. I'm always tempted when it goes on sale though :/

:hyst: I know what you mean.. If I went and purchased the fudge bars... I would eat the whole box in one day... Soon that is all I was eating everyday.. 1 box of Carb Smart fudge bars.. I was a Carb Smart junkie. I am just thankful that something changed in the recipe. They are really thick now and just don't do it for me anymore...

RDBhan 06-24-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miagracie (Post 16484143)
Is it me or is the vanilla kind of like butter rum flavor more than vanilla? I don't really care for it as much but the chocolate is wonderful.

We converted the grams to oz (hopefully correctly) for a single serving a measure out 2.4 oz a serving (bowl tarred on a postal scale).

If we're feeling festive we top with a little (3T) homemade whipped cream sweetened with liquid sucralose/spenda and a little bit (1T) of chopped walnuts and unsweetened coconut flakes (1T). Sometimes a bit of Walden Farms' no carb sugar free syrups.

Great. I have never craved this before. Now I'm drooling. Thanks. :lol:

Trigger828 06-24-2013 07:19 AM

Skeeter thanks for letting me know the sugar free Bryers is the same as the low carb one. Now I know where to look when they faze out the name probably.

I eat it every now and then. love the chocolate. gotta be careful tho, like others said, it is something I can woof down in a heartbeat.

Garlic 06-24-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Girl (Post 16484053)
They used to sell a strawberry and a butter pecan ice cream...holy cow, they were awesome, I can't for the life of me figure out why they stopped carrying them..all low carb, fantastic!

Same reason people stop selling anything..... Not enough money being made to justify making it.

brimmy 06-24-2013 06:41 PM

Heh, drove to Temecula today and bought all the chocolate carbsmart they had on the shelf! Time to rally my local store to carry it.

brimmy 06-24-2013 09:20 PM

Tonight for my post workout beverage: 1.5 cups of almond milk, 3 scoops of chocolate carbsmart ice cream, and 1/4 cup of Isopure zero carb cookies and cream protein powder. Simply awesome!

GME 06-24-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxbane (Post 16484294)

I may have set up a straw grocery business, just to get products I want.

:lol:

CTH 06-24-2013 10:53 PM

I eat carb smart every once in a while... Doesn't seem to affect my weight loss.... Plenty of chocolate and vanilla on the shelves here in AZ!!

lterry913 06-25-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybb1 (Post 16484244)
Blue Bunny makes the BEST sugar free ice cream. Their Butter Pecan rocks. Kroger makes a good sugar free ice cream with maraschino cherries and bitter chocolate flakes and you can get it for $2.50 on sale.

I've learned to stay away since I can eat a whole carton at a time, but when I do want some Ice Cream I'll buy So Delicious Coconut sugar free ice cream sweetened with E. It's really good and they have a great Chocolate and mint chip and almond chip flavors.

I like all the above mentioned...however, the so delicious has inulin in it and it is high in the ingredient list....needles to say I was uo all night with terrible abdominal pain after eating it...if you are sensitive to inulin be careful of the so delicious.

I prefer the no sugar added to the carb smart myself but they are both good. Almost to good and can cause stalls for some.