Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miagracie
You're welcome *I think?* RDBhan! One thing I should have mentioned but forgot to...
If you use the Walden Farms sugar free syrups over the carb-smart (vanilla or chocolate)-DON'T stir the syrup into the ice cream like you may have done with the regular stuff before low carbing. We've tried it with several flavors of the Walden's and it all does the same thing. Mix it in with the whipped cream if you use it or just drizzle and don't mix.

What happens is somehow it seems the types of artificial sweeteners mix together and if you stir the Walden's syrup into the ice cream it tastes "off" and bitter. I thought it was awful at first, hubby didn't stir his and said it was fine and when I didn't stir it into the carb smart it was just fine.
miagracie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
I had to put Carb Smart bars on my blacklist of foods, because I'm incapable of not eating the entire box in one day. I don't even want to think about buying a carton of ice cream!

Ice cream is one of my triggers. I just can't eat a little bit. The only thing I've found that works (because it tastes gross) is Arctic Zero. I actually don't like it very much, that's why I buy it.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #33
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
The only thing I've found that works (because it tastes gross) is Arctic Zero. I actually don't like it very much, that's why I buy it.
I have a container of that in my freezer right now. I go by every few days and have a couple of spoonfulls, with no desire to have more. I like that it isn't very good.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote