Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Is this a good breakfast? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806616-good-breakfast.html)

Garlic 06-21-2013 10:39 PM

Is this a good breakfast?
 
Mostly concerned with portions since I still ( think ) I am not losing weight since I put the scale away until next Friday...

3 eggs in a pat of butter or those same 3 eggs, cooked in bacon fat, where I have 4 slices of bacon. Sometimes I add some broccoli or spinach to the eggs... I also have coffee with 1.5 TBS of cream, and 1 pkg of Splenda. I have given up cheese, pretty much, as I am trying to figure out what is preventing me from losing weight.

1800 - 2300 calories a day... Under 30 gross carbs.

suzanneyea 06-22-2013 01:40 AM

What else do you eat during the day?

Garlic 06-22-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16481787)
What else do you eat during the day?

Well, basically veggies and meat, with a decent amount of fat... In the last week I have averaged about 61% daily calories from fat.... I have my goals set at 65, 30, 5, and I get close. I try not to have too many of my carbs at breakfast, but it seems I usually am at 8 - 11 for breakfast.

suzanneyea 06-22-2013 04:17 AM

No, what actual foods do you eat?
Like this morning I am having three burgers for breakfast. Three or four more for lunch. Large steak for dinner.

emel 06-22-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16481767)
Mostly concerned with portions since I still ( think ) I am not losing weight since I put the scale away until next Friday...

3 eggs in a pat of butter or those same 3 eggs, cooked in bacon fat, where I have 4 slices of bacon. Sometimes I add some broccoli or spinach to the eggs... I also have coffee with 1.5 TBS of cream, and 1 pkg of Splenda. I have given up cheese, pretty much, as I am trying to figure out what is preventing me from losing weight.

1800 - 2300 calories a day... Under 30 gross carbs.

Look at the little extras throughout your day. Keep the real food like spinach and beef, and cull the fake/slightly carby stuff down to just enough to be tasty and pleasing. And then you'll have to remember to add more good clean fat, from olive oil or coconut oil or butter.

Culprits could be a little too much cream, more low carb dressing than you think you're getting (try mixing a tbl of ranch and a tbl olive oil onto your salad). Almond milk, sweeteners, almond flour, cream cheese..... they're all okay for some LC plans, but those bits of carbs can really add up.

Garlic 06-22-2013 07:21 AM

Emel, if it goes in my mouth, it is tracked. I have never exceeded 30 gross carbs except possibly one day when I had salad away from home and couldn't measure. Even then it was no more than 34 gross carbs for the day.

I will see if I can post a link to the thread where I posted an entire day's menu.

greybb1 06-22-2013 07:26 AM

To answer your question, it sounds like a perfect breakfast to me.

emel 06-22-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16482037)
Emel, if it goes in my mouth, it is tracked. I have never exceeded 30 gross carbs except possibly one day when I had salad away from home and couldn't measure. Even then it was no more than 34 gross carbs for the day.

I will see if I can post a link to the thread where I posted an entire day's menu.

I mentioned the little bits of this and that because it looked to me like you were cutting out real food to scale down. Mostly it was the part where sometimes you have 3 eggs in butter without the strips of bacon (or at least that's how I read it.) Not sure if 3 eggs, with possibly a bit of veggie in it, would be quite enough. I shoot for 4 oz minimum for a meal, so I'd do 2 eggs and 2 oz sausage. Or an egg with 3 oz burger patty. And then I'd add butter probably.

Didn't mean to question your adherance to the plan, just wanted to suggest that good honest foods with clean, healthful fats, all through the day including breakfast, might do the trick for you.

thatphdguy 06-22-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16481846)
No, what actual foods do you eat?
Like this morning I am having three burgers for breakfast. Three or four more for lunch. Large steak for dinner.

Wow Suzanne...You are a meat eating machine. :hiya:

dawnyama 06-23-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatphdguy (Post 16482278)
Wow Suzanne...You are a meat eating machine. :hiya:

A lean one too ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.