Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   So I'm going to Outback Steakhouse (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806588-so-im-going-outback-steakhouse.html)

TheSouthernPrincess 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

So I'm going to Outback Steakhouse

I LOVE Outback, and I know it is definitely easy to stay on plan there! My one concern is that before the LC days, my usual would be a half a steak with a loaded baked potato, then give my other half of my steak to hubby and eat the rest of his potato - not very lc :o. So my goal, since this is the first time that we are going there since starting is to get a ribeye and asparagus. :D I really hope I can stay strong. I will have a small "cheat" and have a few coconut shrimp because they are my absolute favorite, but no bread and no potatoes is my goal!

I'll report back and let you know how it goes. (since I know y'all are dying to know lol ;))

Ocean 06-21-2013 11:01 AM

Enjoy your meal. :D

raytamtay3 06-21-2013 11:02 AM

Good luck! You got this!:hugs:

RhondaC 06-21-2013 11:13 AM

Love Outback!! Have a great time! :clap:

If anyone is Military, or retired military, they are giving a 10% discount now!

pocahontas 06-21-2013 11:33 AM

Outback will make you loaded broccoli! I would go for that with my steak. :yummy:

princessmommy 06-21-2013 12:53 PM

We went there for our anniversary last month! Yum!! I had a steak and brocolli and it was so good!

Nelle Belle 06-21-2013 12:54 PM

Yes, loaded broccoli.

batlou 06-21-2013 01:00 PM

X2 on the loaded broccoli. I usually ask them to steam it a little extra so that its nice and soft as well. For some reason I prefer this texture when it's loaded with bacon, cheese and sour cream. Yumm

TheSouthernPrincess 06-21-2013 01:06 PM

hmmm loaded broccoli does sound very good! I'm with you though batlou, I like it softer so I usually don't get it because its too crisp for my taste. I'll give it a try though! If I don't like it, I can always send it back, right? :)

thatphdguy 06-22-2013 10:13 AM

Loaded Broccoli?
Sounds like Heaven

Tiffany62590 06-22-2013 11:05 AM

Loaded broccoli?? That sounds awesome, anyone know the carbs/calories in that?

I'm heading to Outback this Tuesday, it's my birthday :D

Demonica 06-22-2013 11:09 AM

Loaded broccoli sounds AMAZING!!

We don't have an Outback Steakhouse around here:cry: I wonder if Texas Roadhouse would do loaded broccoli?:confused: I so want to try it now!:yummy:

SlowMovingWoman 06-22-2013 12:24 PM

Sounds like you have a good plan. Hang in there and stick to it and you will
have a nice dinner and still be low carb.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< I LOVE Outback, and I know it is definitely easy to stay on plan there! My one concern is that before the LC days, my usual would be a half a steak with a loaded baked potato, then give my other half of my steak to hubby and eat the rest of his potato - not very lc . So my goal, since this is the first time that we are going there since starting is to get a ribeye and asparagus. I really hope I can stay strong. I will have a small "cheat" and have a few coconut shrimp because they are my absolute favorite, but no bread and no potatoes is my goal!

I'll report back and let you know how it goes. (since I know y'all are dying to know > >

krissakris 06-22-2013 06:22 PM

The crab stuffed mushrooms are awesome too!

mayleesa 06-23-2013 12:49 PM

I ask for loaded broccoli, all the fixins from the potato piled on steamed broccoli is awesome....get a few odd looks and clarification needed for butter, sour cream, bacon and cheese on YES BROCCOLI but its soooo good with my stayke.

Pami 06-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocahontas (Post 16481101)
Outback will make you loaded broccoli! I would go for that with my steak. :yummy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelle Belle (Post 16481213)
Yes, loaded broccoli.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batlou (Post 16481224)
X2 on the loaded broccoli. I usually ask them to steam it a little extra so that its nice and soft as well. For some reason I prefer this texture when it's loaded with bacon, cheese and sour cream. Yumm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 16483578)
I ask for loaded broccoli, all the fixins from the potato piled on steamed broccoli is awesome....get a few odd looks and clarification needed for butter, sour cream, bacon and cheese on YES BROCCOLI but its soooo good with my stayke.

We always get this, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSouthernPrincess (Post 16481233)
hmmm loaded broccoli does sound very good! I'm with you though batlou, I like it softer so I usually don't get it because its too crisp for my taste. I'll give it a try though! If I don't like it, I can always send it back, right? :)

Ask for the broccoli well-done. They'll do it.