Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
A comment on LCHF

LCHF rocks!

I had been doing Atkins for well over a year and the weight loss stalled for months, then I started putting the weight back on. I admit I was eating more foods like Dreamfields pasta and sugar free candy than I should have, so I understand where it was coming from.

I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago and decided when I got back I was going to start LCHF when I got back to kick start my weight loss. By then I had gained back 15 of the 80 pounds I lost and was terrified it would soon turn into 20+.

I started LFHC on June 10 and I've lost 6 pounds and I'm in ketosis.

I'm eating crazy things, like bacon and cream cheese for breakfast, beef stroganoff (no noodles) for lunch or dinner with a big salad with eggs, cheese and full fat dressing, and cheesecake with whipped cream.

I have come to realize I do a lot better with less flexibility, fewer choices.

Anyone else care to share?
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jackie123
Stats: 242/181/135
WOE: NK Paleo
Start Date: September 2012
Yeah , I find it really works for me too. I usually have bulletproof coffee every morning, and.brie or cream cheese or some other fat for lunch, then eat most off my protein for dinner. And I've just started enjoying camomile tea with a half tablespoon of butter before bedtime. It's really rich, and the taste of butter blends perfectly with the camomile !
Jackie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Weezy
I'm with you....I had to go truly ketogenic, raise my fat and lower my carbs to lose weight. I can stall or even gain weight by eating berries or too many veggies. My body LOVES fat! And BPC keeps me going all morning--I don't even think about eating until noonish.

I also have to really watch my protein grams and try to keep them under 60 grams per day; 40 grams is better but that's sometimes hard to do.

Congrats on finding something that is working for you!

Jackie123--your chamomile with butter sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it. I love chamomile tea and never thought about putting butter in it. It's sometimes a struggle to eat enough fat and that's one more way to do it.
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

The berries are what finally did me in. I know you can have them on Atkins, but it's hard to stop at 1 cup.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jackie123
Stats: 242/181/135
WOE: NK Paleo
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybb1 View Post
The berries are what finally did me in. I know you can have them on Atkins, but it's hard to stop at 1 cup.
Amen.
Jackie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/185/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
I was yoyo-ing for a year. Up 5 down 3 etc, until about Easter this year. I tried Hhcg. Boy did I learn to live with hunger on 500 cal per day. But I learned something about hunger, it didn't kill me! So I went from the drops to higher fat, lower protein, very moderate with the veggies, and drink a lot of water. Trying to stay under 20 net carbs, and its working! I broke thru to onederland. Here's to keeping the magic working!
dmburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburk View Post
I was yoyo-ing for a year. Up 5 down 3 etc, until about Easter this year. I tried Hhcg. Boy did I learn to live with hunger on 500 cal per day. But I learned something about hunger, it didn't kill me! So I went from the drops to higher fat, lower protein, very moderate with the veggies, and drink a lot of water. Trying to stay under 20 net carbs, and its working! I broke thru to onederland. Here's to keeping the magic working!
Great job!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I just cannot do fruit. It sets off a binge for me. I have a very limited menu. It works for me.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I only eat the foods from 2002 DANDR's induction foods list, don't overdo protein, keep my carbs to under 20g total, and get the rest of my calories from fat. It works for me.

I don't eat "low carb" products. They DON'T work for me.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
ITA!!! LCHF has really been great for me. It's great that it works so well w my chemistry bc so many of the foods that are off limits now are ones that I think I'm really addicted to. And I also eat a very limited list of foods and I think that works well w my head. I just don't think about food much at all.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
ITA!!! LCHF has really been great for me. It's great that it works so well w my chemistry bc so many of the foods that are off limits now are ones that I think I'm really addicted to. And I also eat a very limited list of foods and I think that works well w my head. I just don't think about food much at all.
Exactly! When I lost most regularly on Atkins I had 4 or so meals I would cook and I would take left overs for lunch. I was very regimented but it worked.

Now I'm concentrating more on fat, did away with the berries, low carb bread and Dreamfields pasta and getting a decent amount of protein with some salad items and I'm going to throw in broccoli and cauliflower starting this week.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/215/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I works we'll for me too. Fat satisfies my brain in a way nothing else can.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
I never trusted all those LC products anyways...

I guess they can be OK for things like, maintenance, but for weight loss, wouldn't touch em!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jebber
Stats: 183.6/175.8/135
WOE: Low Carb JUDDD
Start Date: 9/14/14
I'm happy to see so many positive results. This is what I've been doing since June 2. At first, I lost 4 lbs, but then gained 2. I realize that my body has been at my current weight for years and it is fighting me to stay there. In the past, I would have become frustrated and stopped. But I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and show my body who is boss. I just turned 51, so I feel like I'm playing "beat the clock" with my metabolism. It has really slowed down even though I walk 10000-15000 steps a day. I feel great though and my energy is up, so that alone is keeping me on track. I figure sooner or later, my body will release the weight.
Jebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
I am coming round to the same conclusion. I did Atkins, changed to Atkins72 and have now arrived by default with LCHF. It seems the best for me. I don't do fruits very well either. I was griping about not having locarb ready made stuff available to me, but I think it is really for the best. I also start with BPC for breakfast. I eat lean meats, as it is what I prefer, so I use HWC and CCO to make up for the shortfall. So far it works.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Weezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
I never trusted all those LC products anyways...

I guess they can be OK for things like, maintenance, but for weight loss, wouldn't touch em!!

I won't even be able to touch 'em in maintenance...I've made some great "fat bread" (basically eggs, fat, and macadamias), but I can binge even on that! Same with any healthy LC bread-ish alternative. Bread is such a trigger for me that I've decided that can't even do healthy homemade LC alternatives to it.

Sigh...and the berries...another trigger for me...I can't stop at a half cup!

But at least I know where my problem areas are and can choose to avoid them.
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
CONGRATS.

lower carb to moderate works well for me. I can do moderate and lose weight. lucky me

I do better losing with a bit less variety. but at least I can up it to more choices when I feel like it and if smart about those choices, I can still lose well.

Dreamfields, etc. NOPE. not happening. I know the LC 'faked up' products just don't cut it.

one thing I am trying to do is really cut out the junky labelled foods. slowly getting rid of alot of old staples in this house.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote