Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Giving Something New "A Chance"!

I was reading a post the other day and I wish I could find it to thank that poster for the light bulb moment I got from their post.

What was said, in a nut shell, was we need to remember to "give things a chance to happen or work". The poster were referring to a new WOE/diet and how we need to give it a chance to start to work for us and how so many "factors" need to line up for a new WOE to kick in and start to take hold. PLUS, how our body when it starts to lose weight will make our metabolism slower and we tend to get more hungry. It will pass if we just give it a chance. Some days in the beginning will be less hungry and some more but it will balance out to a rhyme in time where are hungry is almost the same everyday. Not everyday but more days than not.

Well, I haven't given anything a chance at all since I went off JUDDD. I lost so easily on JUDDD, every single day, that I just took it for granted. Every other diet so far has given me results for the first week or 2 and then I would seem to be "stuck" and so very hungry. Well, now I know why and am going to give the next diet I do a fighting chance, more than 1 or 2 weeks. This will also help me in other areas of my life right now where I'm finding my patience running thin when things aren't working as fast as "I" think they should! Everything needs time and a chance!!

Thanks LCF poster for this info and enlightenment!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 06-14-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Great post, Beeb. Sometimes we treat our bodies like machines but they are so much more than that. I have not been a patient person by and large, but I am working on a more patient path. Some days I have energy, some days I am tired. Some days I am more hungry than other days. I am just keeping the faith with the understanding that I am not going back.

Why did you leave JUDD when it sounds like it was working for you?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Great post, Beeb. Sometimes we treat our bodies like machines but they are so much more than that. I have not been a patient person by and large, but I am working on a more patient path. Some days I have energy, some days I am tired. Some days I am more hungry than other days. I am just keeping the faith with the understanding that I am not going back.

Why did you leave JUDD when it sounds like it was working for you?
It was the creation of my Binge Monster! I never binged in my life until I was about 5 months into JUDDD. The UDs were terrible; eat, eat, eat all day long and it started a mind set of I BETTER eat today because tomorrow I'm going to be starving! Not good!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
That's a danger I see in JUDD, too.
I can't see it working for me, but obviously it works for some people.
Someone the other day, suggested eating a potato to cure binges.
Maybe, maybe not!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
It's why I left Judd too. I thought I could handle it nope!!

I am giving Atkins some time. I am hoping after a month of clean eating will set me straight

Beeb what plan do u think will work for you?
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
It's why I left Judd too. I thought I could handle it nope!!

I am giving Atkins some time. I am hoping after a month of clean eating will set me straight

Beeb what plan do u think will work for you?
I was very surprised to find many who did JUDDD had the same problem with binging as I did. Now any "diet" that restricts anything; food, time, carbs, fats, etc. sets up the Binge Monster to re-appear so for right now I'm just focusing on getting the Monster away with therapy, eating clean and being "mindful" of trying to not binge or overeat.

After that I'm not sure what I'll do but maybe I won't have to do anything because my relationship with food may be better? Will see, and it's just one day at a time right now.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good luck beeb! For me I am trying high fat low carb. Funny when I read a post of yours that said show patience. Hard for me but I have over the last month not given up and down a bit of weight.

I think there r alot of us that r trying to figure it out. Can't stop trying
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote