Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Kill appetite from the root. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/806012-kill-appetite-root.html)

Sugarfreebabe 06-13-2013 07:25 AM

Kill appetite from the root.
 
any appetite supressing foods that you know of besides bacon?Been feeling hungry after 8 hours and i can usually go the whole day with only one low carb meal dont know what happened.

Patience 06-13-2013 07:31 AM

Coconut oil . . . not sure if you consider it a food.

Perhaps you are at the point where your body really needs more food?

Dottie 06-13-2013 07:31 AM

For me it's a cup of beef or chicken broth with a little tabasco sauce and vinegar in it.

scalestepper 06-13-2013 07:36 AM

I second the broth, maybe a little gluc in it.

Sugarfreebabe 06-13-2013 08:46 AM

Great choices!

peanutte 06-13-2013 09:13 AM

Why are you eating only one meal a day?

Sugarfreebabe 06-13-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutte (Post 16468806)
Why are you eating only one meal a day?

because if i eat one low carb meal a day the weight comes off so fast.If i eat three its a little slower.I am just trying to meet a deadline by july 4th family cookout.

brimmy 06-13-2013 10:44 AM

I use fat bombs. The can typically satiate me for about 3ish hours.

momov2boys 06-13-2013 10:45 AM

I eat peanut butter!
:)

MsWoods 06-13-2013 11:32 AM

Um hello people. Eggs!

More so, egg salad. I seem to stay full on hb eggs better opposed to cooked any other way. I think it's the bulk.

Also, avocados.

rubidoux 06-13-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16469011)
Um hello people. Eggs!

More so, egg salad. I seem to stay full on hb eggs better opposed to cooked any other way. I think it's the bulk.

Also, avocados.

Avocado! Most days I try to eat a whole avocado and it is great for appetite. Eggs always leave me feeling hungry, though.

Peanutte, Have you ever tried once a day eating? I have found it to be a really great lifestyle! I'm not trying to get to some goal in a limited amount of time, so if there're days that I want to eat twice, or whatever, I go ahead and do it, but most days I eat just once and feel great.

Sugarfreebabe 06-13-2013 11:59 AM

Yes one meal a day is good if you have a quick goal or have an event or something you just choose breakfast or dinner and have a huge low carb meal.It works for me and the wieght is melting off like a snowman.
I usually drink water all day then have 2 quarter pound bunless burgers with 8 strips of bacon american cheese cheddar cheese onions and a lil NHFCS katchup and crystal light.

emel 06-13-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 16469019)
Avocado! Most days I try to eat a whole avocado and it is great for appetite. Eggs always leave me feeling hungry, though.

Peanutte, Have you ever tried once a day eating? I have found it to be a really great lifestyle! I'm not trying to get to some goal in a limited amount of time, so if there're days that I want to eat twice, or whatever, I go ahead and do it, but most days I eat just once and feel great.

That's a sign of a food intolerance.

MsWoods 06-13-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16469054)
That's a sign of a food intolerance.

I don't believe it always is, just based on myself. If I eat scrambled or fried, I'm hungry. If I eat hard boiled, it kills my appetite.:dunno:

emel 06-13-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16469062)
I don't believe it always is, just based on myself. If I eat scrambled or fried, I'm hungry. If I eat hard boiled, it kills my appetite.:dunno:

True dat.

tobelowcarber 06-13-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16469062)
If I eat scrambled or fried, I'm hungry. If I eat hard boiled, it kills my appetite.:dunno:

Same here!!!

peanutte 06-13-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Peanutte, Have you ever tried once a day eating? I have found it to be a really great lifestyle!
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Have I "tried" it? As a weight loss method, back when I was losing? No, I did Atkins and still do, three years into maintenance.

lilbeetle 06-13-2013 01:49 PM

subbing just to see if anyone mentions something I havent already tried. Forget suppressing to get down to 1-2 meals a day. I want to suppress so I can stick to 3 meals a day :lol:

CO lasts a couple of hours. Eggs in all forms last a couple of hours. Never noticed avocado having any effect at all, and broth lasts maybe 20 mins. An enormous cup of tea with HWC straight after eating eggs can keep me about 4 hours.

In all the time Ive been LCing, Ive only expereinced the total lack of hunger 3 times and even when I try to replicate the meals I had, I havent had the feeling back :(

Patience 06-13-2013 01:55 PM

Why would hardboiled eggs be different in terms of satiation?
I am puzzled!
Are you mixing the egg with butter or some other form of fat?

I find if I have BPC in the morning (with w/2 T of fat) I can go quite while (4 to 5 hours) on one egg or one small serving of meat.

rubidoux 06-13-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutte (Post 16469174)
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Have I "tried" it? As a weight loss method, back when I was losing? No, I did Atkins and still do, three years into maintenance.

I don't think that Atkins is inconsistent w intermittent fasting. I like them together. :) Actually, I don't do Atkins bc I am really metabolically resistant, but I do eat LC and enjoy IF. I would say that IF'ing has taught me a lot of important stuff and has made me feel, at times, very free from my demons.

I guess I asked bc you had asked OP why she was only eating once a day as if it was a little nutty. And I wondered what your experience w it was.

suzanneyea 06-13-2013 03:12 PM

Hard boiled eggs for me too. After a few of those, I have zero desire to eat anything!

llisarray 06-13-2013 03:13 PM

I love IF'ing...gives me a great feeling of control..

MsWoods 06-13-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16469197)
Why would hardboiled eggs be different in terms of satiation?
I am puzzled!
Are you mixing the egg with butter or some other form of fat?

I find if I have BPC in the morning (with w/2 T of fat) I can go quite while (4 to 5 hours) on one egg or one small serving of meat.

I think it just feels like more food in my stomach. Bulk wise.

Beeb 06-13-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16469054)
That's a sign of a food intolerance.

I can't eat eggs in the morning but I can have them later in the day, just not as a "first meal" thing. I'm starving ALL day if I do!! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16469062)
I don't believe it always is, just based on myself. If I eat scrambled or fried, I'm hungry. If I eat hard boiled, it kills my appetite.:dunno:

Same here!! :shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 16469208)
I don't think that Atkins is inconsistent w intermittent fasting. I like them together. :) Actually, I don't do Atkins bc I am really metabolically resistant, but I do eat LC and enjoy IF. I would say that IF'ing has taught me a lot of important stuff and has made me feel, at times, very free from my demons.

I guess I asked bc you had asked OP why she was only eating once a day as if it was a little nutty. And I wondered what your experience w it was.

:goodpost: I know many people, especially those on JUDDD who do LC and IF and have wonderful results with doing both! :up:

Deosil 06-13-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 16469208)
I don't think that Atkins is inconsistent w intermittent fasting. I like them together. :) Actually, I don't do Atkins bc I am really metabolically resistant, but I do eat LC and enjoy IF. I would say that IF'ing has taught me a lot of important stuff and has made me feel, at times, very free from my demons.

I could not agree more! I started off on just Atkins Induction and a couple of months ago changed it up to eating only Induction foods and following JUDDD but with very long IF windows of fasting/eating. What a great feeling it keeps me in!

I tend not to get too hungry but BPC is the magic solution for me when I do.

Jaded62 06-13-2013 05:52 PM

Hard boiled eggs !!! Keep me full for hours.

DiamondDeb 06-13-2013 06:18 PM

Eating three meals 4-5 hours apart works for me.

SadieJack 06-15-2013 04:40 AM

Looking at myself naked in the mirror pretty much kills my appetite for days! :sick:

Trigger828 06-15-2013 05:35 AM

chicken wings

buffalo style or bit of other spices to jazz them up.

I make a ton of them. leave in fridge and heat up a few if needed. THEY FILL me up big time.

dawnyama 06-15-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieJack (Post 16471349)
Looking at myself naked in the mirror pretty much kills my appetite for days! :sick:

:hyst::hyst: Too funny, but I know what you mean. Just looking at the clothing in my closet I cannot wear, but fit me to a "T" last summer, makes me sad :sad:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.