Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   THREW IT ALL OUT, EVERYTHING!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/805999-threw-all-out-everything.html)

Beeb 06-12-2013 08:06 PM

THREW IT ALL OUT, EVERYTHING!!!

YUP....I got the garbage pal last Wednesday after binging all day and night on the junk that was in my pantry and fridge and THREW EVERYTHING OUT!! :clap:

It's all gone, 2 bags of junk food, high carb crap and anything else that I KNEW was causing me to not only over eat but to binge so bad!:sad:

Next day I went to the farm market and brought $50.00 in fruits and veggies and this is what I've been eating instead when I want a snack! :yummy:

And I will NEVER bring junky, crappy food that I KNOW I binge on ever again into my house! Nor will I reach for this kind of food when on the go and looking for something to eat! Good food choices ONLY!! <<<<This is a promise I have made myself and do not intend to let myself forget it! :mad:

Went to the regular grocery store today for more "staples" and shopped the outside aisles with the veggies, fruits, dairy and meats like I use to when I did LC and I gotta tell you all...it just felt good!! :up:

Garlic 06-12-2013 08:09 PM

Wish I could get rid of everything, but with a wife and 2 kids, I can't.

Demonica 06-12-2013 08:13 PM

Thankfully, DH is now on board with LC:jumpjoy: so I don't have a bunch of crap in the house anymore...with the exception of DD's stuff. But if I know something is hers, I won't touch it, whether I bought it for her or she bought it herself, it's hers. She has had a box of Little Debbie cream cheese danishes sitting out for the last few days. Yes they looked really tempting, but they were hers, so I never had the urge to get into them.:)

Beeb 06-12-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16468182)

I'm very lucky that DH and I don't like to snack on the same things!! There is still HIS stuff in the pantry and fridge but nothing I even find as a "red flag" food or something that would tempt me at all so I'm good with the stuff being there!! :up:

Dottie 06-13-2013 04:15 AM

:jumpjoy:

Port_louis 06-13-2013 05:14 AM

Wow great commitment !

cfine 06-13-2013 05:25 AM

Good for you, Beeb! I wish that I could do that, but we live with my parents who insist on having just about every kind of cracker known to man. They both have diabetes and it drives me crazy. The only thing that tempts me is cheezits. They call to me but I don't answer(well nine times out of ten anyway.)

Patience 06-13-2013 05:38 AM

Fantastic decision, Beeb. Not bringing crap into your home is a huge part of the battle. What's your next line of defense? Never shopping without a list? Never shopping when hungry?

THis is so much easier for me since by childrern (a vegan and vegetarian) have flown the nest!

Beeb 06-13-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16468495)
Fantastic decision, Beeb. Not bringing crap into your home is a huge part of the battle. What's your next line of defense? Never shopping without a list? Never shopping when hungry?

This is so much easier for me since by children (a vegan and vegetarian) have flown the nest!

No to the list because I just love a surprise and finding different things, but YES to trying to not stop hungry!

PLUS, I will only shop the outside aisles again, and why I stopped doing this is beyond me! AND, will use local produce and what's in season like I use to do for years.

I had eaten lowest carb (good higher carbs, no junk carbs) for years until I started a different WOE last year that opened up the "food" categories for me....BIG MISTAKE since I can't be trusted to "eat just one" of anything of a high carb junk category!! I am a binger when it comes to junk food so, as I said, NEVER will this stuff be in my house again! Eating clean, healthy and seasonal foods is my next line of defense, again!! :up:

peanutte 06-13-2013 06:49 AM

It's probably too late for this suggestion, but food pantries are very grateful for donations of unopened goods.

Quote:

Not bringing crap into your home is a huge part of the battle.
Absolutely.

Quote:

No to the list because I just love a surprise and finding different things
I think you should reconsider this. If impulsive eating has been the problem, unstructured grocery shopping is not the solution.

Looking for surprises and novelties may seem fun in the moment, but grocery shopping isn't the best venue for that. Maybe you can channel your "thrill of the chase" feelings into other hobbies/activities like flea markets, birdwatching, or geocaching.

Beeb 06-13-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutte (Post 16468566)
It's probably too late for this suggestion, but food pantries are very grateful for donations of unopened goods

I think you should reconsider this. If impulsive eating has been the problem, unstructured grocery shopping is not the solution.

Looking for surprises and novelties may seem fun in the moment, but grocery shopping isn't the best venue for that. Maybe you can channel your "thrill of the chase" feelings into other hobbies/activities like flea markets, birdwatching, or geocaching.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Patience 06-13-2013 07:24 AM

Also: never forget my reading glasses when I go to grocery store!

bdladie 06-13-2013 07:37 AM

Beeb I am so glad you did this for the binging. I did it not long ago too. I eat great and have kept off most of my weight but not all of it! I am a night binger and can't keep it under control if it is in the house. My house still has pizza once in a while but they do it on days I stay late at work.

Good luck I hope you win this battle.

Dezi 06-13-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16468182)

What I do instead is for EVERY carby snack they have that I used to like (and will be jealous of when they open it up and eat it) is have the low carb analog to this. There is pretty much nothing I can't replace anymore. Except tiramisu. The LC one you have to homemake. Its complicated!

thatphdguy 06-13-2013 06:46 PM

My brother is staying with me and it is a challenge to do low-carb as he is doing the "junk food" diet lol.
A test every step of the way

Dottie 06-13-2013 07:06 PM

Linda I'm with you: out of sight, out of mind. If it's not in the house, I am not going to go to the store to get it at midnight :laugh:

TammySue 06-13-2013 07:09 PM

:jumpjoy: Good for you!

Demonica 06-17-2013 09:56 PM

DH, DD and myself just threw out ALL the junk food in our house:jumpjoy:. We are ALL going on a journey to better eating. I feel so much better about everything now.:)