Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   The FAVORITE Low Carb NSV Thread. What are yours? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/805895-favorite-low-carb-nsv-thread-what-yours.html)

Garlic 06-11-2013 07:52 AM

The FAVORITE Low Carb NSV Thread. What are yours?

1. I went to a restaurant yesterday and could fit in a booth OK.... didn't need a table.

2. OK, this one hasn't happened yet, but I am positive it will this summer..... get on a plane a not need a belt extender.

3. Putting a shirt on, expecting it not to fit, but it did fit..... wearing it today! WooHoo!

4. Tying shoes is a lot easier

5. Not feeling the need to check out my fridge every hour.

6. I have diabetes.... I used to go to pee LITERALLY 15 - 18x a day.... now, after less than 3 weeks, I am down to about 6x a day

How about you?

EDIT: 7. Heartburn is almost a non issue these days.

Aleina 06-11-2013 08:16 AM

- jumping off the bus with both feet as opposed to gently lowering myself to the ground

- jumping off the boat without worrying that I lack impetus

- having less men - or worse women- offer me their seat as I obviously have to be pregnant. (lost a lot of volume around the middle)

- going down at least a jean size and fitting into old jeans

- outrunning the dog even if for just a short distance

- not having to think about distances when going somewhere on foot as the ankle will not hurt, I will not get out of breath or feel too tired to continue.

- passing the bakery thinking Oh well without cravings or serious misgivings.

- reducing my food bill while upscaling a lot of my food to organic or freerange

- I sleep better and more relaxed in terms of body position

- finally having a brainwave and finding out what NSV stands for :hyst:

rndiane 06-11-2013 08:45 AM

What does NSV stand for?

Pami 06-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndiane (Post 16465631)
What does NSV stand for?

Non-Scale Victory

Aleina 06-11-2013 08:47 AM

I had to google it . NSV = nonscale victory

rndiane 06-11-2013 09:01 AM

LOL, thank you.

Garlic 06-11-2013 09:30 AM

Sorry, I thought most people who use diet / weight loss forums knew what NSV meant.

Spanilingo 06-12-2013 06:51 AM

I never have to guess my size anymore. Im short (and now thin) so the smallest size is always going to be it! Even if its too big and I need it altered, I don't need to figure out between sizes. Saves tons of time

emel 06-12-2013 08:24 AM

I've avoided wearing my khakis because they were 'high water' pants even though they were not snug. I just tried them on and they are the correct length, which means there is less badonkadonk pulling them up at the seat.

krissakris 06-12-2013 07:12 PM

I can look at myself in mirrors w out cringing :)

Garlic 06-12-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissakris (Post 16468155)
I can look at myself in mirrors w out cringing :)

I guess that is you in your avatar... if so, I can see why! Very nice job by you! :jumpjoy:

Stardust 06-13-2013 03:41 AM

I needed this today. Thanks for sharing everyone xx

84k 06-13-2013 03:48 AM

None so far, tbh, there isn't many on the list, despite being very big it's never really held me back apart from flying, but that's my personal choice just incase I need to buy 2 seats, but most people assure me I wouldn't.
I've got a NYK basketball jersey I want to fit back in, I reckon i'm about a month off :)

Garlic 06-13-2013 01:16 PM

New one today.... neighbor buddy of mine who knows I have been losing weight.... "Time to buy a new shirt, bud; that one is getting too big". LOL, well, it took me 3 years to get here, but yeah, the shirt really is too big. :)

Jackie123 06-14-2013 04:09 AM

I increased my weights in the gym to 50lb this week! I started out a month and a half ago at 20lb.:jumpjoy:

Aleina 06-14-2013 05:52 AM

I was on a very crowded bus recently and needed to get off. Two rather corpulent men were blocking my route. I was rather dubious that I would be able to squeeze past without the need for formal introductions... ;) Well, my hesitation was obvious and one of the guys told me "please do pass Ma'am." Well I thought there is nothing for it, I gotta get off. You know what? I was the one who had completely misjudged the gap. Not even a need for an excuse me, I got past without even brushing against anyone

Jackie123 06-16-2013 03:19 AM

I don't l know if I should be admitting this, but I've noticed that when I roll over at night, the bed doesn't creak anymore. It still shifts, but it does'nt creak. Woohoo?

Spod 06-18-2013 06:22 AM

My favorite NSV was wearing a dress this weekend that I haven't fit into since my honeymoon almost 4 years ago. I still weigh 20 pounds more than I did back then, but it actually fits better thanks to the past 6 months I've been at the gym.

Garlic 06-23-2013 08:10 AM

OK, this one was last night, and while it was pretty awesome, it also almost ruined my night.... I was getting dressed to go to a wedding, and I pulled my pants up and let go, and they fell to the floor! So then I pulled them up and tried to make them stay up by pushing out my waist.... nope.

So I had to use my belt to hold them up, but that only made the waist look all bunched up, and it looked horrible.... Fortunately, my sport jacket is now too big as well, and I could easily button it.... so to hide my too big pants, I walked around all night with a buttoned sport jacket.

Yes, I only have 1 pair of nice pants. I live 360 days a year in shorts and tees, even when it it 40 degrees out. I think my fat keeps me warm ;)

LCWizard 06-23-2013 08:14 AM

Jumping in my swimming pool. I no longer have to sit at the edge and wiggle myself in.