Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tylar_Connar
Stats: -8lbs VLCD 18
WOE: HCG
Start Date: May
Question about calories burned from exercise.

So, if I exercise today when does my body burn the calories?
Instantly or does it take a few days?

So, if I eat 1500 calories today and exercised and burned 300 calories. Will I burn the calories today, tomorrow, in a few days?

I was just wondering because I am doing HCG and I ate over my calories today. I was doing so good and resisted so many times. I dont want to see a gain tomorrow. SO, I was wondering if I go and walk tonight will that help my weigh in tomorrow or will it take a few days before it helps me weight loss?

6/9/2013 VLCD 18: -.4/-8
Tylar_Connar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
There is a HCG Thread under Other Plans. Maybe someone with experience doing that would be helpful. I would imagine the loss would be today.

It was my understanding that exercise is helpful in revving up the metabolism and that's the reason weight loss happens along with calories burned. ???

Last edited by Sharss; 06-10-2013 at 03:13 PM..
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #3

Yeah, I was just wondering in general though.
This is just a today thing (with hcg) but have always wondered.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
I wouldn't sweat it. What is done is done. And specific to hcg, I think the calories are a matter of creating a very tight eating plan, not specifically a calories in calories out sort of thing.

As far as the science answer to your question, you might gain or lose water weight depending on how your muscle tissue reacts. and then for burning calories, on a plan which includes carbs such as hcg, the fat is released from the fat cells as it is needed, so you would be burning stored fat when your energy expenditure exceeded your readily-available energy source (glucose). So you burn it as you need it, just like an auxillary gas tank---when the main tank of glucose is empty, you burn fat and therefore are burning stored calories. That means that eating more calories than you planned requires you to expend that many more calories to break even. (eat 200 cal too much for lunch, work out for an hour and a half, eat dinner as directed by plan.)

Please note, everyone, that I am speaking of a non-ketogenic metabolic process, because hcg diet is not ketogenic. close, but not quite.

Last edited by emel; 06-10-2013 at 03:31 PM..
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Tylar--I don't believe you can exercise your extra calories away on hcg. I don't think it works that way LOL. The hcg is working on hormones, not-- as emel mentioned --calories in calories out. So you just have to suck it up and get back on plan. No worries as we have all been there done that. I hope you are back on track now.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #6

I am thanks!@!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
You burn extra calories while you are actually exercising. Eg, while in the act of running, your body is using those calories to make energy to move your muscles.

Apart from that, there are other side effects like revving the metabolic rate slightly; people who exercise regularly over time develop more muscle which burns more calories just resting than fat; exercise improves insulin sensitivity, etc.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #8

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
You burn extra calories while you are actually exercising. Eg, while in the act of running, your body is using those calories to make energy to move your muscles.

Apart from that, there are other side effects like revving the metabolic rate slightly; people who exercise regularly over time develop more muscle which burns more calories just resting than fat; exercise improves insulin sensitivity, etc.
Thanks for that explanation. Very well put! Like Tylar I had those very questions myself.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #9

Very simply put....thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post