Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   5 weeks in, still only 4 pounds gone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/805695-5-weeks-still-only-4-pounds-gone.html)

scintillady 06-07-2013 03:40 PM

5 weeks in, still only 4 pounds gone!

5 weeks of strict low carb, ketosis every day. Still only 4 pounds lost. :dunno:However, since I have been taking CLA regularly, I have gone down one pants size and lost a considerable amount of fat off my midsection. So I guess I won't stress over it too much. Can't figure it out, though, and am so tempted to have pizza "just this once!"

SweetSugaree 06-07-2013 03:53 PM

Hi,
You know what I notice while low carbing...My weight doesn't move much on the scale, but I lose inches. Today I had a few people from work tell me I look like I'm losing weight, and last night my brother in law who has not seen me in a few weeks told me he couldn't believe how much slimmer my sides look. None of these people know I'm dieting, I have kept it to myself. Only my mother knows. :)
So even though the scale isn't moving, I see the changes and so do other people. Don't give up or get discouraged. :)

Patience 06-07-2013 04:21 PM

Pizza is going to be counter-productive, scintilady.
You have lost, so you have everything working in the right direction.
Patience, I'd advise

Nancypie11 06-07-2013 04:37 PM

Cla is a toner, and tends to stall weight , if you search there is a whole slew of post here about it. :)

Blue Skies 06-08-2013 08:02 AM

Scintilady---My weight loss has been slow too, but steady. Not everyone on LC has these big weight losses right out of the shoot. I did notice my middle looked smaller before the scale caught up. I've stuck w/it and have now lost 18 pounds since February, or about a pound a week, which is fine w/me, as w/an 18 pound loss the difference in clothes is great, I feel good, and the weight just keeps melting off at the pace my body chooses.

I was curious about CLA, had never heard of it, so I did a bit of research. It does seem to help many lose inches. However, just a note of caution. Seems research has indicated it raises insulin resistance, so this is not for those w/any form or Diabetes, or anyone w/metabolic syndrome. The rise in insulin resistance may be what causes some to stall.

scintillady 06-08-2013 08:25 AM

I heard somewhere that one should cycle taking the CLA for better results. As for me, I'd like to see a lower number on the scale, but since I don't have diabetes or metabolic syndrome I tend to like the shrinking abdomen at this time. After all, nobody can see the difference on the scales. they can most definitely see the shrinking belly fat.

Blue Skies 06-08-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scintillady (Post 16461334)
I heard somewhere that one should cycle taking the CLA for better results. As for me, I'd like to see a lower number on the scale, but since I don't have diabetes or metabolic syndrome I tend to like the shrinking abdomen at this time. After all, nobody can see the difference on the scales. they can most definitely see the shrinking belly fat.

In researching this morning I found a thread here that said you didn't need to cycle. If you put CLA in the search here, you'll find the thread. Lots of interesting info there. Don't blame you for liking that shrinking tummy! And you're so right, no one but us sees the scale, but everyone sees how we look in our clothes. Unfortunately as I do have metabolic syndrome, this is not for me.

spaceace 06-08-2013 09:47 AM

When suddenly eating healthy, it only makes sense that important body organs (including muscles) which have atrophied (shrunk and lost some ability to do their work due to lack of nutrition) would get larger or more dense. This should happen and very well may be a sign of you becoming healthier.

Who cares if the stronger muscles, tissues, and other organs are heavier? That's awesome! :shake:

debkeversole 06-09-2013 05:51 PM

make linda sues deep dish pizza it is wonderful!
DEEP DISH PIZZA - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Quote:

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375 about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs