Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Just "made" some orange soda... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/805244-just-made-some-orange-soda.html)

onceagain54 06-01-2013 06:45 PM

Just "made" some orange soda...

I put some orange/tangerine mio water enhancer in a can of seltzer water...omg tasted like a Fanta orange soda to me...try it!

Kittee 06-02-2013 12:10 PM

Omg I bet it would be good with the black cherry too!

emel 06-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onceagain54 (Post 16450763)
I put some orange/tangerine mio water enhancer in a can of seltzer water...omg tasted like a Fanta orange soda to me...try it!

Please allow me to blow your mind:

Add a drop of vanilla extract or a small glug of da vinci vanilla to your orange mio and seltzer. Creamsicle in a glass. I'm having one right now.

onceagain54 06-02-2013 02:09 PM

Thanks...I'm going to try both!

Mistizoom 06-02-2013 02:10 PM

Love Mio...haven't put it in seltzer water, that's a great idea! Though if you like Fanta this is an actual Fanta brand of water enhancer now, in both orange and grape flavors. It would taste even closer to the real thing!

glennjones 06-02-2013 02:14 PM

Just made homemade jello-o with mio flavors - the orange soda you suggested is next! Thanks!

canadiangirl 06-03-2013 07:18 AM

Silly question here but is seltzer water the same as club soda?? This sounds yummy! I was planning on buying a soda stream so I could have diet orange soda so this is much cheaper!

emel 06-03-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiangirl (Post 16452601)
Silly question here but is seltzer water the same as club soda?? This sounds yummy! I was planning on buying a soda stream so I could have diet orange soda so this is much cheaper!

Club soda has salt added. Seltzer does not. Other than that, it's just fizzy water. I like seltzer better because if it gets flat I'll still drink it, but when the club soda gets flat it tastes salty to me.

Kittee 06-04-2013 04:53 PM

For an even creamier creamsicle soda.....add cream!!! I put cream in my diet root beer, and it tastes just like a root beer float to me. I also add it to orange soda some times. I bet it would be good in berry flavored drinks as well but I have never tried it. Oh how I love creamy things.

Arctic_Mama 06-04-2013 10:51 PM

Yup, I do this and enjoy it very much. I was previously using SF DaVinci's for Italian cream sodas, but now I'm putting Dasani and Mio flavors in there and it is delicious. Right now I'm sipping pink lemonade.

emel 06-05-2013 03:30 AM

I made a mio frozen dessert last night.
2 oz cream and a splash of water with a squirt of orange mio, froze it in a dixie cup with a spoon in it. It was like a sherbet popsicle.

ladyinlove56 06-05-2013 02:00 PM

I just tried the Dasani grape over the seltzer water...now I will try the mio choices next...loved it.....Just like the real grape soda.... I had fixed cystal light but I love the grape in this...Will get several when I am back in the groc...store....

Rhubarb 06-05-2013 05:19 PM

The Dasani pineapple-coconut is divine. I must not be the only one who thinks so because it's always "out" when I go to buy more. I've taken to buying them five at a time.

If you drink alcohol, you can add it to Vodka and water, give it a splash of coconut milk and you've got a really tasty lo-carb Pina Colada.