LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kenna85
Stats: 196/174/150
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: 18Mar2013
I have fallen prey to carb creep over the last 2 weeks

So I'm doing three days of induction to get back into ketosis and then sticking to strict OWL. It was so easy to stray, and it's truly just as others have said: You really don't realize how many extra little sneaky carbs are getting back into your diet. The weight loss is so addictive, however, that I think it should be easy to fall right back into OWL.

The only frustrating thing is, I really didn't eat things that were THAT bad. A few tortilla chips here and there. One tequila (no mixers) over Memorial Day weekend. One silver dollar sized potato cake with onion. I suppose it really is true that if it's not on the list, you can't add it into your diet.

On a happy note, I have had no sweets or soda for 2 and a half months. And y'all, if you know me, this is a HUGE accomplishment. I'm not getting on the scale til after the induction days. I think it would be a downer.
Kenna85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
That's really good about kicking the soda and sweets.

The higher-carb things you ate might be permissible for you, once you get to pre-maintenance and maintenance, so you don't necessarily have to take the view that you can never have things like that again. It's not a matter of certain foods being "bad" or "good", it's just simply a matter of counting carb grams, being committed to your plan, and not making choices that will slow down your weight loss and interfere with your progress. Potatoes and corn are both part of the later OWL rungs, and some people can have limited amounts, while others find that these foods aren't things they want to re-introduce. That's what OWL is all about. You have plenty of time to work your way through. But it's better to make those choices deliberately and not skip rungs.
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
I never cheat but things like my brownie bottom cheesecake calls my name. So I can relate
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote