Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   New Find @ Costco (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804802-new-find-costco.html)

momov2boys 05-25-2013 08:31 PM

New Find @ Costco
 
Roasted Garlic & Chili Aioli Dipping Sauce/Spread

Dipped raw broccoli & cauliflower in it tonight & it is good!

Looking forward to having it on burgers!

:)

Ntombi 05-25-2013 08:34 PM

I make something similar, using mayo as a base. It is yummy with all kinds of meats and veggies. I keep a jar in the fridge.

Chocolate Rose 05-25-2013 09:35 PM

Did you find it in the deli area, or somewhere else?

momov2boys 05-25-2013 10:37 PM

It was on an end isle. Pack of two. Check near mayo & condiments.
Where in WA are you, Chocolate Rose?

Chocolate Rose 05-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16440635)
It was on an end isle. Pack of two. Check near mayo & condiments.
Where in WA are you, Chocolate Rose?

Thanks! Kitsap peninsula. How about you?

momov2boys 05-26-2013 09:18 AM

Wenatchee
:)

Chocolate Rose 05-26-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16440949)
Wenatchee
:)

Ahhhh, the sunny side! :) Enjoy your weekend!

momov2boys 05-26-2013 09:23 AM

You too!

momov2boys 06-06-2013 10:03 PM

Had this with tuna & avocado tonight...Delish !!!

:)

penguinpower 06-06-2013 11:08 PM

I had a new Costco find too - I've heard before that some Costco's sold flax but ours didn't. Yesterday, I found 4# bags of Bob's Red Mill organic golden flax meal for under $8. Woo hoo! I'll be looking out for that aioli too.

tgibbon45 06-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16440558)
I make something similar, using mayo as a base. It is yummy with all kinds of meats and veggies. I keep a jar in the fridge.

Can you get me the recipe pretty please?

Chocolate Rose 06-15-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16440554)
Roasted Garlic & Chili Aioli Dipping Sauce/Spread

Dipped raw broccoli & cauliflower in it tonight & it is good!

Looking forward to having it on burgers!

:)

I found this today and it is GOOOOOOD! It's a bit on the spicy side for me (I'm a wimp when it comes to heat) so I just mixed it half and half with mayo and used it to dip my Costco burger patty (I buy the frozen 22% fat burgers) in. YUM! I was really needing something with more flavor to have with meat. I'm even considering mixing some of this with sour cream to dip pork rinds in. I love Costco!!:heart:

Ntombi 06-15-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgibbon45 (Post 16460608)
Can you get me the recipe pretty please?

I make it differently each time, but I always add lots of garlic, some form of heat, and maybe other elements.

For instance add to mayo:

Garlic, hot sauce, paprika

Garlic, chipotle peppers, one drop of Splenda

Garlic, habanero mustard, one drop of Splenda

Garlic, cayenne pepper, chipotle peppers, juice from jarred jalapeņos


It's all delicious. :)

smoosh 06-16-2013 09:14 AM

We ate out yesterday and one of the items on the menu was roasted brussel sprouts with a garlic and chili aioli. I didn't have it but it now sounds like something easy to make at home!

Ntombi 06-16-2013 10:06 AM

Yes! I have my spicy mayo dip with all kinds of veggies, included roasted brussels sprouts. Yummy.

It's super easy, takes just a few minutes.

Chocolate Rose 06-16-2013 03:48 PM

I forgot to mention that when I was at Costco yesterday they had samples of some awesome cheeses. I think they're something like "Yancey's Fancy" cheese. If anyone needs to know I can check my fridge because I picked up two different kinds - smokey gouda and roasted garlic cheddar. YUM! They had a couple of other types too. There was a jalapeno one and a buffalo wing one and I think one more. I'm not a hot and spicy lover so those didn't appeal to me. Oh, there was one that was called something like "restaurant onion", but I can't remember for sure. It was also awesome.

momov2boys 06-16-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16440554)
Roasted Garlic & Chili Aioli Dipping Sauce/Spread

:heart: this mixed with canned chicken and lots of chopped celery!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16473218)
I forgot to mention that when I was at Costco yesterday they had samples of some awesome cheeses. I think they're something like "Yancey's Fancy" cheese. If anyone needs to know I can check my fridge because I picked up two different kinds - smokey gouda and roasted garlic cheddar. YUM! They had a couple of other types too. There was a jalapeno one and a buffalo wing one and I think one more. I'm not a hot and spicy lover so those didn't appeal to me. Oh, there was one that was called something like "restaurant onion", but I can't remember for sure. It was also awesome.

Thanks Chocolate Rose; I'll look for those cheeses!

:)

toogood 06-17-2013 07:21 PM

I do this too like Ntombi but nevered ventured out from fresh garlic and mayo! Today I added fresh dill and made brussel sprouts with it. Yummy! The other dressing which is more watery I make is fresh garlic, mayo, lemon juice, a splash of splenda, and milk or cream. I put it in shredded cabbage. It becomes a garlic cole slaw.

tgibbon45 06-18-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16472001)
I make it differently each time, but I always add lots of garlic, some form of heat, and maybe other elements.

For instance add to mayo:

Garlic, hot sauce, paprika

Garlic, chipotle peppers, one drop of Splenda

Garlic, habanero mustard, one drop of Splenda

Garlic, cayenne pepper, chipotle peppers, juice from jarred jalapeņos


It's all delicious. :)

Sounds delicious!!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.