Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 18 2013
Lighter breakfasts (not eggs/bacon) on induction?

Hi everyone -

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some lighter breakfast ideas while following Induction?

Two weeks ago I went on a biz trip and my goal was to avoid wheat/grain products...I did a pretty good job but after looking at my food journal I realized that since I was "being good" by avoiding grains, I ended up essentially replacing those carbs with other carbs (mainly sodas...which I rarely drink any other time, so it was weird. I think i was thinking of them as a "treat" for being so "good" ...haha, joke was on me! I gained 3 lbs while on the trip).

Anyway, I did eat bacon/sausage/coffee + cream every day while there. I really felt like that "heavy" of a breakfast kind of weighed me down. Does anyone have any suggestions for lighter fare?

In case it is important, what I had was about 3-4 pieces of bacon along w/ one round sausage patty...and then the coffee w/ half and half (is this what people mean when they say heavy cream? sorry for my ignorance)

Anyway, I am continuing on with reading DANDR (I picked up a copy right before I left for Chicago, got it at the Goodwill, a really nice hardback, for only $4!) and am slowly but surely working my way up to officially starting induction. I have also been reading a lot of the threads here and am really glad to have found this place. It's very refreshing. I really am loving how encouraging this community is when it comes to education and reading and taking responsibility and just all of the encouragement and advice too.
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Think outside the box a little. Breakfast isn't necessarily "breakfast" foods.
One of my favorites is tuna salad, scooped up in a lettuce leaf. Anything
that you can eat at any other time of the day, you can eat in the morning.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Heavy cream is not the same as half & half. Half & half is half cream and half milk. Because of that, it has more lactose (milk sugar, aka carbs) and less fat than cream, light or heavy. Light cream has fewer carbs than half & half, and heavy whipping cream has the fewest, at 6.6g of carbs per cup.

As for breakfast, just eat what you want. Do you need to eat breakfast food for breakfast? I love breakfast food, but I don't always have it for breakfast. I might have an omelet, or a burger, or something from the crockpot, or some tuna salad and homemade coleslaw.

Once you're actually ready to start and really limit your carbs, you'll probably find that your appetite will come down a bit, so you won't need such a big breakfast. Or maybe not. But either way, don't limit your choices to just traditional breakfast foods.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Were you drinking regular soda - diet soda shouldn't have any carbs in it?

You could also make some kind of breakfast quiche but use egg beaters and half regular eggs - and load it full of veggies, use almond milk instead of cream for the liquid. Also, maybe a homemade protein shake, there are lots of good recipes here on the site.

Linda Sue's website also has lots of ideas for different kinds of breakfast muffins - tuna, salmon, etc. Or you could look up the recipe here on the site for OMM (one minute muffins).

Also, like other people have mentioned, you don't have to eat "breakfast" foods only. Any food as long as on plan will work.

Keep reading, that will help a lot.

Welcome and good luck. This site is awesome and is full of really helpful, caring and knowledgable people. Its a great place to learn and get support.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Hmmm... I don't know about egg beaters and almond milk? Is that bc they are lower fat? I would say, whatever else, do not be afraid to eat fat. Embrace it!

Also, are you looking for a lighter b'fast because you feel like you've overeaten? You can always eat less or no b'fast. Eat when you're hungry and to satisfaction and you should be okay.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
you could try a couple slices cold cuts rolled around some cream cheese or rolled up with a slice of cheese. I really like turkey breast with provolone and a spear of pickled asparagus in the middle. There is a lot of variety in this based on different meats, cheeses, and such.

@rubidoux ~ I think the person mentioned almond milk because of the low carb count. unsweetened almond milk has about 1 net carb per cup. I've never looked at the fat content
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I know a lot of people are anti-Atkins products, but I drink an Atkins Advantage shake for breakfast every day. It is only 160 calories, doesn't weigh me down, and keeps me full for up to 4 hours (occassionally a little less). The shakes do not have any sugar alcohols. They are sweetened with sucarlose and Ace-k.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie75
WOE: Low carb
Carbmasters yogurt is filling without being heavy. I love the vanilla with a teaspoon of PB2!
Annie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I cut and paste this from a website, so hopefully it comes through ok.

This is the crash course in what you can eat on Induction - its probably in your book as well, but you may have not seen it yet. If its not on the list, you should not be eating it in Induction. As you progress you will start adding in more foods, slowly, one by one.

````````````````````````````````````````````
Most fish, poultry and meat don't contain carbs so you can feel free to enjoy them, but be sure you're also getting your 12 to 15 grams of net carbs in vegetables as well.

All fish including:
  • Flounder
  • Herring
  • Salmon
  • Sardines
  • Sole
  • Tuna
  • Trout
  • Cod
  • Halibut
All fowl including:
  • Cornish hen
  • Chicken
  • Duck
  • Goose
  • Pheasant
  • Quail
  • Turkey
  • Ostrich
All shellfish including:
  • Clams
  • Crabmeat
  • Mussels*
  • Oysters*
  • Shrimp
  • Squid
  • Lobster
*Oysters and mussels are higher in carbs so limit to about 4 ounces per day.

All meat including:
  • Bacon*
  • Beef
  • Ham*
  • Lamb
  • Pork
  • Veal
  • Venison
Some processed meat, bacon, and ham is cured with sugar, which will add to the carb count. Also steer clear of cold cuts and other meats with added nitrates.

Eggs are one of nature's most nutritious creations. That’s why eggs are a staple breakfast in the Atkins Nutritional Approach.

Feel free to get creative with your eggs: Add mushrooms and onions, or even green pepper. Top the dish off with feta cheese or add basil, oregano and other herbs.

Eggs in any style, including:
  • Deviled
  • Fried
  • Hard-boiled
  • Omelets
  • Poached
  • Scrambled
  • Soft-boiled
Keep in mind that cheese does contain carbs, about 1 gram per ounce. You may have about 3 to 4 ounces of cheese per day. An ounce is about the size of an individually wrapped slice of American cheese or a 1" cube.

Cheese including:

Type
Serving Size
Grams of net carbsBlue cheeses2 T0.4Cheddar1 oz0.4Cow, sheep and goat1 oz0.3Cream cheese2 T0.8Feta1 oz1.2Gouda1 oz0.6Mozzarella1 oz0.6Parmesan1 oz0.9Swiss1 oz1.0
Vegetables:

You should be eating approximately 12 to 15 grams of net carbs per day in the form of vegetables, which is equivalent to several cups depending on the actual carb content of the veggies you select.
1 cup is roughly the size of a baseball. Measure the following salad vegetables raw.

VegetableServing Size/Prep grams of net carbsAlfalfa sprouts½ cup/raw0.2Arugula1 cup/raw0.4Bok choy1 cup/raw0.4Celery1 stalk0.8Chicory greens½ cup/raw0.1Chives1 tablespoon0.1Cucumber½ cup1.0Daikon½ cup1.0Endive½ cup0.4Escarole½ cup0.1Fennel½ cup1.8Jicama½ cup2.5Iceberg lettuce1 cup0.2Mushrooms½ cup1.2Parsley1 tablespoon0.1Peppers½ cup/raw2.3Radicchio½ cup/raw0.7Radishes6/raw0.5Romaine lettuce1 cup0.4
The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbs than the salad vegetables listed above. They also provide important nutrients and add variety to your daily foods. Make sure you stay within the 12-15 grams of net carbs. Unless otherwise noted, measure these veggies after you cook them.

VegetableServing Size/ PrepNet CarbsArtichoke1/2 medium3.5Asparagus6 spears2.4Artichoke hearts1 canned1.0Avocados½ whole (raw)1.8Bamboo shoots½ cup1.2Broccoli½ cup1.7Broccoli raw½ cup0.8Broccoli rabe½ cup2.0Broccoflower½ cup2.3Brussels sprouts¼ cup1.8Cabbage½ cup (raw)1.6Cauliflower½ cup (raw)1.4Swiss chard½ cup1.8Collard greens½ cup boiled2.0Eggplant½ cup2.0Green String Beans1 cup4.1Hearts of palm1 heart0.7Kale½ cup2.4Kohlrabi¼ cup2.3Leeks½ cup3.4Okra½ cup2.4Olives green50.1Olives black50.7Onion¼ cup4.3Pumpkin¼ cup2.4Rhubarb½ cup (unsweetened)1.7Sauerkraut½ cup (drained)1.2Snow peas and snap peas in pod½ cup with pods3.4Spaghetti squash¼ cup boiled2.0Spinach½ cup2.2Summer squash½ cup2.6Tomato¼ cup4.3Turnips½ cup3.3Water chestnuts¼ cup (canned)3.5Zucchini½ cup1.5
Salad Garnishes

Crumbled bacon3 slices0.0Hard-boiled egg1 egg0.5Grated cheeses(see above carb counts) Sautéed mushrooms½ cup1.0Sour cream2 tbs1.2
Herbs and Spices (make sure they contain no added sugar)

Basil1 tbs0.0Cayenne pepper1 tbs0.0Cilantro1 tbs0.0Dill1 tbs0.0Garlic1 clove0.9Ginger1 tbs sliced root0.8Oregano1 tbs0.0Pepper1 tbs0.0Rosemary1 tbs0.0Sage1 tbs0.0Tarragon1 tbs0.0
Salad Dressings - Any prepared salad dressing with no added sugar and no more then 2 grams of net carbs per serving (1-2 tablespoons) is acceptable. Or make your own.

Blue cheese2 tbs2.3Caesar2 tbs0.5Italian2 tbs3.0Lemon juice2 tbs2.8Lime juice2 tbs2.8Oil and vinegar2 tbs1.0Ranch2 tbs1.4
Fats and Oils

There are no carbs here, but keep in mind that the serving size is approximately 1 tablespoon.
  1. Butter
  2. Mayonnaise – make sure it has no added sugar
  3. Olive oil
  4. Vegetable oils – Those labeled “cold pressed” or “expeller pressed” are especially good and olive oil is one of the best.
    • Canola*
    • Walnut
    • Soybean*
    • Grape seed*
    • Sesame
    • Sunflower*
    • Safflower*
*Do not allow any oils to reach overly high temperatures when cooking. Use olive oil for sautéing only. Use walnut or sesame oil to dress cooked veggies or salad, but not for cooking.

Artificial Sweeteners
  • Splenda – one packet equals 1 gram of net carbs
Beverages
  • Clear broth/ bouillon (make sure it has no sugars added)
  • Club soda
  • Cream, heavy or light.
  • Decaffeinated or regular coffee and tea*
  • Diet soda (be sure to note the carb count)
  • Flavored seltzer (must say no calories)
  • Herb tea (without added barley or fruit sugar added)
  • Unflavored soy/almond milk
  • Water – at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day including...
    • Filtered water
    • Mineral water
    • Spring water
    • Tap water
* One to two cups of caffeinated tea or coffee is allowed as desired and tolerated by each individual. If you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia or cravings as a result, do not use caffeine. If you have a true caffeine addiction, it is best to break the habit during the induction phase.
* Limit lemon and lime juices to 3 T per day
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Oh yeah, I was just suggesting the unsweetend almond milk becasue it is way lower in calories and only has 1 carb per serving. So for baking and cooking, I usually use it. Also, I don't tolerate milk that well and my son not at all. So we are pretty much almond milk users. Fat content is pretty low, but I use other things to make up for that. And I am really small, so I do have to count calories as well if I want to lose at a decent pace, but I know everyone is different.

I second the carbmaster yogurt, I like that too. Maybe with some ground flaxseed in it, that would be filling.
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wicked
Stats: 260/188-190/185-190
WOE: very low carb
Start Date: July 2004
Bulletproof coffee. Not overfilling and gets me to 1:00pm without hunger issues. I make a 24-30oz one everyday. A small snack of nuts or meat protein will carry me to 6pm with no problem.

Last edited by wicked; 05-26-2013 at 04:19 AM..
wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #12
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Bulletproof coffee. Not overfilling and gets me to 1:00pm without hunger issues. I make a 24-30oz one everyday. A small snack of nuts or meat protein will carry me to 6pm with no problem.
^^ This!! I am not a breakfast eater because I am not typically hungry in the morning. I have the total of 2 coffees (each about 12 oz.) and the total of 3 tbsp. of h.w.c (35%) and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil. I don't feel the need to eat until about 2p.m. and many times, for a few more hours. It is the fat in these coffees that is so satiating.

I will quantify this with the need to be in ketosis in order to have the appetite suppression which can take anywhere from a few days to 6 wks. In the meantime, be sure not to fear the fat and rather embrace it. It is the nutrient that makes it all work well.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I'm not usually hungry until late morning, so I make a protein shake in my Magic Bullet (LOVE that thing) to drink at work about 11:00.

I use coconut milk & coconut cream, protein powder, spinach, chia seeds sometimes and then either frozen strawberries and/or blueberries or coffee & cocoa powder depending on what kind of flavor I want. The spinach gets ground up and you can't taste it (you can see it though- it turns the strawberry drink green).

I think if I was traveling I would take it with me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shespeaks
Stats: 5'2" & 42
WOE: Atkins-based LC, "eating to my meter" for Diabetes
Start Date: Restart 8/4/2014 - 207/192.5/135
I can't handle anything heavy in the morning but I HAVE to eat, so for instance today I've had some cold cuts (turkey) and some raw veggies with a touch of ranch dressing. Because there isn't a lot of fat here I'll probably round it off with some nuts or peanut butter (after Induction) or cheese mid-morning, but by that time my stomach is a little more interested in eating.
shespeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
I ate a hot dog every morning during my weight loss phase.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: KristenT
Stats: wow/hmm/yay
WOE: Old School Atkins
Start Date: hmmph
There is a thread or a sticky somewhere on here ( probably in the recipe help & suggestions) that is all about cream cheese muffins. I love these things and they're quick, easy, and there's endless ways make them.
KristenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
You can have bacon and eggs, maybe just a smaller serving.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
I usually have an iced coffee in the morning which holds me to lunch. I use 1/2 cup of half and half with cold coffee and some ice. I have used table cream which tends to be a bit more satiating but I have to watch calories as well. It is easier when you have a lot of blood ketones circulating, which may not happen in early induction. I think it is basically the MCTs in the cream that seems to work well to keep the hunger at Bay.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shespeaks
Stats: 5'2" & 42
WOE: Atkins-based LC, "eating to my meter" for Diabetes
Start Date: Restart 8/4/2014 - 207/192.5/135
You know, I've gotten out of the habit of having egg creams for breakfast but I'm considering going back. Have you tried that yet?

I'll see if I have a recipe somewhere, but basically I blend cold coffee, some almond milk, a raw egg and a little Splenda. Because the egg is "hiding" I can get it down, so long as I don't stop and think about it.
shespeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
Another endorsement for Bullet Proof Coffee here!

Seems like no matter what I eat for breakfast it always weighs me down and makes me feel a little sluggish. But the past few months I have decided to forgo breakfast and instead I have a 16oz. coffee with 1 tablespoon of grass-fed butter and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil each morning. I feel wonderful! I am now alert and energetic throughout the mornings, something I never thought I would experience, haha!
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/175/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I've completely replaced breakfast with bulletproof coffee. I AM a breakfast eater, and always have been. Now I will nibble here and there when I'm cooking, but my cup of coffee with 2 TBSP coconut oil and 1 TBSP HWC keeps me completely satiated until 10:30, when I snack on a HB egg or something small and equivalent. It's awesome!
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
For bullet proof coffee drinkers...any changes in weight loss since adding it? Same pace? Quicker/slower? Thank you!

As for me, I don't care for breakfast foods much. I usually have leftovers from the night before. A grilled chicken breast or burger and some raw veggies.
kbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
I didn't notice a change in my rate of weight loss either quicker or slower. But my morning energy levels sure changed for the better. Who knew I would ever be a "morning person." lol
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
I usually have an iced coffee in the morning which holds me to lunch. I use 1/2 cup of half and half with cold coffee and some ice. I have used table cream which tends to be a bit more satiating but I have to watch calories as well. It is easier when you have a lot of blood ketones circulating, which may not happen in early induction. I think it is basically the MCTs in the cream that seems to work well to keep the hunger at Bay.
I **LOVE** iced coffee...even though I live in WA where it is often chilly in the AM (and sometimes all day) - I still love iced coffee. So this si a great idea.

In regards to cold coffee - how do you get it cold? Do you make it the night before and then keep it in the fridge?

Also thanks to everyone else - esp in the Bulletproof coffee suggestions. I tried making some with just coffee and virgin coconut oil. I think I might have used too much oil because I was kind of disgusted by drinking it. I mean, it felt HEAVY (I guess this is what I mean when I was talking about a heavy breakfast). I am going to try it again w/ the butter and maybe 1-2 teaspoons of CO instead of 1 tablespoon.

BTW - I love breakfast foods....eggs bacon YUMYUMYUM. I just can't eat them early in the AM. I will (and have for years) eat breakfast foods at all times of day. It's a little weird to some people lol.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
I **LOVE** iced coffee...even though I live in WA where it is often chilly in the AM (and sometimes all day) - I still love iced coffee. So this si a great idea.

In regards to cold coffee - how do you get it cold? Do you make it the night before and then keep it in the fridge?
I make it in the morning and as soon as it is done I pour a hot cup to drink and some in a glass jar and leave it on the counter. I have granite counters and sucks the heat out of the coffee pretty quick. After I shower, etc I go back to make my iced coffee drink to take to work.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Bulletproof coffee for sure. Not sure where you are in WA, but there is a health food shop in Federal Way called Marlene's that has MCT Oil. Much better, and easier to use than coconut oil in your coffee. Use with care though, it can upset your GI tract if house to much to soon.

Winco has bulk almond butter you can make yourself too. Before race mornings for me, I'll use a small LC tortilla and spread some of that on it. Quick and easy.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Oh and for coffee quickness, I go to cash and carry and pick up cups/lids like they have in the coffee stands out here. Make it just like the baristas do, pour your hot coffee over about 1/3 coffee cup of ice.

Cash and Carry also has tons of SF Davinci for cheap too.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

CTI grad - I am down in Olympia and go up to Auburn frequently so I will have to check out that shop in Federal Way! Also we have a Cash and Carry right off the freeway exit I use each day so that is a great idea...I will swing in there this weekend.

Also a bullet proof coffee update....I went grocery shopping last night after I cleaned out my fridge & cupboards, and bought a small bottle of SF Davinci, a quart of HWC, and some unsalted butter. I made BPC w/ the SF Davinci, 1 tbsp HWC, a little less than 1 tbsp of CO, and 1 tbsp of unsalted butter (couldn't find grassfed at Walmart, unfortunately). Anyway - this time it tasted MUCH better!! I actually LOVED the taste!!

CTI - I am going to def pick up some of the barista-style cups too...I really enjoy having coffee out of disposable cups (IDK why lol, i guess it seems more like a treat that way) so I will start to bring my BPC to work in those!

And I found iced coffee k-cups last night too! They do not have any added sugars or calories and are the French Vanilla flavor by Green Mountain. I am waiting for my ice to freeze right now and then will be making some to enjoy in this sunshine!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
CTI - I am going to def pick up some of the barista-style cups too...I really enjoy having coffee out of disposable cups (IDK why lol, i guess it seems more like a treat that way) so I will start to bring my BPC to work in those!
Thats exactly what I do. If you double cup be careful. Ive noticed that double cupping sometimes causes the lids to crack. I've maybe had a couple wardrobe malfunctions after a cup spilled all over me.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
I'm here to help!

Gallery: SugarFreeSheila
Stats: 141 to 110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2001
4% cottage cheese or FAGE with sliced up strawberries. Shakes with plenty of ingredients for sustenance. "Oatmeal" (hot OR cold) with flax, chia, & hemp seed meal. Lots of options!
SugarFreeSheila is offline   Reply With Quote