Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Make Ahead Eggy breakfasts:
Egg salad or devilled eggs. Or a crustless quiche.

pan spray a pie pan. Fill it with 1/2 cup meat (cooked sausage, bacon, shrimp, whatever). Add a cup of veggies (chopped spinach, red pepper, onion, asparagus, broccoli) Top with cheese, 4-6 oz or more. I like swiss or mozzerella, my husband likes a mix of cheddar and pepper jack. Beat 7 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup water. salt, pepper, and the tiniest pinch of nutmeg. 425 15 min, reduce heat to 350 and cook 20-30 min more till done.

OTher breakfasts:
cold leftover steak
half an avacado with a piece of cold chicken.
ham and cream cheese rolled up, alone or in a lettuce leaf.
JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Or just make pumpkin pie from the Libby's can recipe, subbing half cream and half water for the evaporated milk, and using splenda or stevia for the sugar. Make it crustless. I like pie for breakfast.

Last edited by emel; 06-02-2013 at 07:58 AM..
emel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
I **LOVE** iced coffee...even though I live in WA where it is often chilly in the AM (and sometimes all day) - I still love iced coffee. So this si a great idea.

In regards to cold coffee - how do you get it cold? Do you make it the night before and then keep it in the fridge?

Also thanks to everyone else - esp in the Bulletproof coffee suggestions. I tried making some with just coffee and virgin coconut oil. I think I might have used too much oil because I was kind of disgusted by drinking it. I mean, it felt HEAVY (I guess this is what I mean when I was talking about a heavy breakfast). I am going to try it again w/ the butter and maybe 1-2 teaspoons of CO instead of 1 tablespoon.

BTW - I love breakfast foods....eggs bacon YUMYUMYUM. I just can't eat them early in the AM. I will (and have for years) eat breakfast foods at all times of day. It's a little weird to some people lol.
Hi, I'm in Olympia as well! That Cash and Carry has all of the SF syrups, so awesome. If you're going to use disposable cups, also the place to get them. Also, they carry Big Train Low Carb iced coffee mixes in giant cannisters on the same aisle as the syrups. 4 net carbs for 16 oz when made and tastes just like a vanilla or mocha frappuccino, no aspartame. One of my favorite not cheat treats. The Super Sup on Martin Way carries MCT oil, as well as erythritol. But the co-op has bulk xylitol for less.
solarpluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 18 2013
Thanks Solar for those tips!! I love Big Train freezers and had no idea they made them Low Carb. I am totally going to swing by Cash and Carry! I have the bottle of CO that I am going to continue to use for my BPC but then I'll be sure to grab the MCT oil. I knwo it is better for you.
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
The MCT oil is not better than coconut oil. They are similar, but have slightly different benefits, but one is not better than the other. . . Just FYI.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, MCT oil is just fractionated coconut oil. They refine out the saturated fats that make it solid, leaving the medium chain triglycerides. And I think the MCT oil is cheaper than the new "liquid gold" coconut oils that seem to be the same thing. At least MCT oil doesn't taste like coconut. It is also great for mixing aromatherapy oils, as it doesn't go rancid (my bottle is over a year old, not a hint of rancid) and is absorbed fairly quickly into the skin.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpluvia View Post
Yeah, MCT oil is just fractionated coconut oil. They refine out the saturated fats that make it solid, leaving the medium chain triglycerides. And I think the MCT oil is cheaper than the new "liquid gold" coconut oils that seem to be the same thing. At least MCT oil doesn't taste like coconut. It is also great for mixing aromatherapy oils, as it doesn't go rancid (my bottle is over a year old, not a hint of rancid) and is absorbed fairly quickly into the skin.
Thats why I like it. I cant stand coconut. I tolerated it because it was about the only way I could get my fat % up. MCT seems to be the perfect solution for me.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I've learned to like coconut a bit more than I used to, but I could never use the virgin smelly oil to cook anything savory. If only MCT oil didn't make my insides very unhappy.