Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goldgirl24
WOE: LC, kinda induction
Start Date: August 2012
Liquid Water Enhancers

I recently underwent a sonogram which required me to drink 32 oz of water in a small period. I don't have a huge affinity to drinking plain water, so I found solace in adding a few drops of Crystal Light's new liquid water enhancers to my bottle. I'm conflicted because on the one hand I have nearly doubled my daily water intake, although at the expense of adding artificial flavoring.

I have now reached the point where I experience a craving for the stuff.

I've read the ingredients, and they look pretty clean. (I'm not sure what Sucralose's standing in the LC world is.) The carb/calorie counts are both zero.

Is this stuff okay? Can it stall? Thank you!

Ingredients:
Water, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Contains Less Than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose And Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).
goldgirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I have tried many of the liquid water enahancers. Overall I think they're great. They don't stall me, but of course YMMV. Mio, Crystal Light, Hawaiian Punch, Crush, 4C, Kool-aid are all available as sugar-free liquid squeeze bottles now, all sweetened with sucaralose and Ace K, IIRC. I'm good with the ingredients. Crystal Light Liquid Pomtini is one of my current favs. I also really like Mio Cherry Blackberry and Cranberry Raspberry. Cherry Kool-aid is also very good. I also like Mio Orange Tangerine and Crush Orange. I haven't really liked the iced tea flavors I've tried, too artifical tasting for me. I might go make one right now!

Last edited by Mistizoom; 05-23-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
I really like them too. I drink all my water with them in it. I try to go as light on the flavoring as I can. I prefer the Mio ones, although I do like the kool-aid ones too, though they seem a bit stronger. I didn't really care for the crystal lite ones.

You probably just have to try them and see. Everyone is different, so you never know how it will be for your body.

I don't particularly "crave" them as I don't think about them when I am not drinking them, but I definitely like them and pretty much only drink water with some kind of flavor in it. No sodas or anything except on rare occasions when I am out.

I won't say they are "healthy" because they are still artificial, but I don't drink enough water without them myself. Haven't stalled me or caused issues.

Last edited by adiasmc1; 05-23-2013 at 07:07 PM..
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
I have tried many of the liquid water enahancers. Overall I think they're great. They don't stall me, but of course YMMV. Mio, Crystal Light, Hawaiian Punch, Crush, 4C, Kool-aid are all available as sugar-free liquid squeeze bottles now, all sweetened with sucaralose and Ace K, IIRC. I'm good with the ingredients. Crystal Light Liquid Pomtini is one of my current favs. I also really like Mio Cherry Blackberry and Cranberry Raspberry. Cherry Kool-aid is also very good. I also like Mio Orange Tangerine and Crush Orange. I haven't really liked the iced tea flavors I've tried, too artifical tasting for me. I might go make one right now!
ETA: I've also seen Dasani brand, and one at Walgreen's that I think was related to a house brand of vitamins, and other store brands at Walmart and my local grocery store.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 05-23-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I stopped diet coke for the most part recently bc dark colas are bad for the kidneys and I got some off test results. I have one about once every week or two now, only if we're at a restaurant where they don't have unsweetened iced tea. And I have replaced it, for the most part, with mio and I feel fine about that. It's been several weeks, maybe a couple of months and I haven't stalled at all. I do drink it very diluted. It's great for getting apple cider vinegar down.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GAVIV
Stats: RNY 12/26/12 234.4/148/125-130?
WOE: Trying to stay low carb as possible
I use these all the time and drink at least 120 oz of flavored water a day.
GAVIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhubarb
Stats: 195/126/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2012
I use them all the time too. I love the Dasani coconut-pineapple flavor but it's almost always out at every store I go to. I guess I'm not the only one who likes it.

They have not made me crave anything or hindered my weight loss.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote