Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Liquid Water Enhancers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804708-liquid-water-enhancers.html)

goldgirl24 05-23-2013 07:29 PM

Liquid Water Enhancers

I recently underwent a sonogram which required me to drink 32 oz of water in a small period. I don't have a huge affinity to drinking plain water, so I found solace in adding a few drops of Crystal Light's new liquid water enhancers to my bottle. I'm conflicted because on the one hand I have nearly doubled my daily water intake, although at the expense of adding artificial flavoring.

I have now reached the point where I experience a craving for the stuff.

I've read the ingredients, and they look pretty clean. (I'm not sure what Sucralose's standing in the LC world is.) The carb/calorie counts are both zero.

Is this stuff okay? Can it stall? Thank you! :newbie:

Ingredients:
Water, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Contains Less Than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose And Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Mistizoom 05-23-2013 07:46 PM

I have tried many of the liquid water enahancers. Overall I think they're great. They don't stall me, but of course YMMV. Mio, Crystal Light, Hawaiian Punch, Crush, 4C, Kool-aid are all available as sugar-free liquid squeeze bottles now, all sweetened with sucaralose and Ace K, IIRC. I'm good with the ingredients. Crystal Light Liquid Pomtini is one of my current favs. I also really like Mio Cherry Blackberry and Cranberry Raspberry. Cherry Kool-aid is also very good. I also like Mio Orange Tangerine and Crush Orange. I haven't really liked the iced tea flavors I've tried, too artifical tasting for me. I might go make one right now! :yummy:

adiasmc1 05-23-2013 08:05 PM

I really like them too. I drink all my water with them in it. I try to go as light on the flavoring as I can. I prefer the Mio ones, although I do like the kool-aid ones too, though they seem a bit stronger. I didn't really care for the crystal lite ones.

You probably just have to try them and see. Everyone is different, so you never know how it will be for your body.

I don't particularly "crave" them as I don't think about them when I am not drinking them, but I definitely like them and pretty much only drink water with some kind of flavor in it. No sodas or anything except on rare occasions when I am out.

I won't say they are "healthy" because they are still artificial, but I don't drink enough water without them myself. Haven't stalled me or caused issues.

Mistizoom 05-23-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16437928)
I have tried many of the liquid water enahancers. Overall I think they're great. They don't stall me, but of course YMMV. Mio, Crystal Light, Hawaiian Punch, Crush, 4C, Kool-aid are all available as sugar-free liquid squeeze bottles now, all sweetened with sucaralose and Ace K, IIRC. I'm good with the ingredients. Crystal Light Liquid Pomtini is one of my current favs. I also really like Mio Cherry Blackberry and Cranberry Raspberry. Cherry Kool-aid is also very good. I also like Mio Orange Tangerine and Crush Orange. I haven't really liked the iced tea flavors I've tried, too artifical tasting for me. I might go make one right now! :yummy:

ETA: I've also seen Dasani brand, and one at Walgreen's that I think was related to a house brand of vitamins, and other store brands at Walmart and my local grocery store.

rubidoux 05-23-2013 09:14 PM

I stopped diet coke for the most part recently bc dark colas are bad for the kidneys and I got some off test results. I have one about once every week or two now, only if we're at a restaurant where they don't have unsweetened iced tea. And I have replaced it, for the most part, with mio and I feel fine about that. It's been several weeks, maybe a couple of months and I haven't stalled at all. I do drink it very diluted. It's great for getting apple cider vinegar down. :)

GAVIV 05-24-2013 08:35 AM

I use these all the time and drink at least 120 oz of flavored water a day.

Rhubarb 05-24-2013 08:49 AM

I use them all the time too. I love the Dasani coconut-pineapple flavor but it's almost always out at every store I go to. I guess I'm not the only one who likes it.

They have not made me crave anything or hindered my weight loss.