Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Help me NOW (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804675-help-me-now.html)

Gibbs 05-23-2013 08:20 AM

Help me NOW

I'm at the dealership, 90 minutes to go on getting the truck fixed, my stomach is yelling for food and I see mini candy bars for a quarter!!! York peppermint patties are calling out for me....

Make it stop!!

Trigger828 05-23-2013 08:22 AM

BAD PEPPERMINT PATTY....BAD

LOL

I feel for ya. I been there.

remember one thing, you won't die from hunger. :) you can easily wait it out.

dedeslim316 05-23-2013 08:27 AM

:) Hi, I am new to MWL, I am already discouraged, I went on Tuesday for my 1st visit, I am not starting until Sunday due to previous plans, etc. I have already started cutting back.
My disappointment comes because, the day after I paid my $268, the office calls & tells me that they no longer give the free mid week b12 shot! I never got one free anyway!! I said I was not happy with that & they should have told me when I paid my money the previous day, is there some way I can call & complain to headquaters?? I will call ASAP, also they called asking me for money to pay for my b1-b6 shot that if I wanted it I had to pay ahead for the next visit. I felt so sick to my stomach, I almost called the bank & cancelled the check!!
What would you do?? I need help before I can even move forward with this company! I will go for my 1st weigh in just to get my blood results for sure. Unless I can get them without going??
Advice please..Thank you:dunno:

Blue Skies 05-23-2013 08:31 AM

What Trigger said. LOL, so glad they don't sell crusty french bread in vending machines, or I'd be a goner. Peppermint Patties I can pass up. You'd put those down in 20 seconds, and then wonder why you had to have it. Not worth it, save the carbs for something more filling and longer satisfying.

Gibbs 05-23-2013 08:35 AM

Am patiently (sort of) waiting for a ginormous roast beef from Arby's as soon as I get out of here. About an hour to go. I do keep drinking water, it helps.

Geekin' in Utah 05-23-2013 08:44 AM

Remember, it's not chocolate on those patties, it's left-over axel grease!

4myfuture 05-23-2013 08:45 AM

they are probaby not fresh.....just think about that....

llisarray 05-23-2013 09:09 AM

Step away from the candy !!!! Lol

marieze 05-23-2013 09:16 AM

Just focus on the fact that you would be poisoning your body with the sugar...don't you deserve better? Btw, hunger is not that bad of a thing...you'll live....just get past it:laugh:

peanutte 05-23-2013 09:41 AM

You need to tell yourself to stop having this internal argument. Tell yourself you're behaving like a little kid who sees something in the checkout aisle at the supermarket and immediately starts nagging his mom for it. He doesn't need it, she knows that; you don't need this and you know that. It seems like you have a mobile device with you, so distract yourself while you're waiting for the car.

If ever there was a case to be made for cravings being mental/visual rather than physiological, I think we have an example right here.

You can do this. It's not a big deal.

Deosil 05-23-2013 09:52 AM

They are little brown demon discs that are packed with chemicals and YOU DO NOT WANT THEM!! One tiny disc from hell and you will feel bad about it. You know you don't really want any! You DO want that roast beef sandwich though.... Focus on that. MmmMMMm

lanita 05-23-2013 10:30 AM

I don't know how your hunger affects you physically, but I run into a real problem if I allow myself to get seriously hungry. I get terrible hunger pains, lightheaded, nauseous and shaky! It's so horrible- worse than any hunger I ever felt eating a SAD diet. I really feel like I am going to faint. It has happened to me twice, this feeling. I got myself as quickly as possible to a fast food joint for a hamburger patty, but I worry that one day I won't be near acceptable food! I carry almonds in my purse now. But back to saving you: if you are feeling as physically ill as I do sometimes from hunger, I think it would make you more ill to throw sugar into your stomach. I can't imagine how you might feel afterward! Hang in there!

Gibbs 05-23-2013 02:33 PM

Btw, I passed with flying colors and went to Arby's as soon as I got out of there!!

Patience 05-23-2013 02:36 PM

you should be proud, very proud :)

cfine 05-23-2013 10:22 PM

Yay!!

lanita 05-23-2013 10:42 PM

Yay!

rubidoux 05-23-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 16437522)
Btw, I passed with flying colors and went to Arby's as soon as I got out of there!!

Phew! I'm so relieved. I used to use those to treat low blood sugars bc they hit the system fast and hard. I'm happy you dodged that bullet!