Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone else feel like a bottomless pit? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804629-anyone-else-feel-like-bottomless-pit.html)

ChristineP 05-22-2013 10:09 AM

Anyone else feel like a bottomless pit?

South Beach Diet: Take 3
Am still in Phase I, just started last week
I have for the entire time so far, felt like a bottomless pit, able to consume food 24-7
Iíve been making the right choices for what Iím putting in my mouth, (either lean protein, or a non-starchy veg, with an occasional cheese stick or SF greek yogurt snack) but HOLY COW, I feel like I could just eat all day

Anyone else feel like this and can anyone offer an explanation? I always thought that the low-carb diet would help me feel NOT so hungry.

:confused:

Nancypie11 05-22-2013 10:26 AM

Tom maybe? I always feel this way the day before I start...

ChristineP 05-22-2013 10:32 AM

Maybe, I’m usually craving something sweet whilst I’m in the throes of PMS, I have ‘sweet’ turned off in my brain already so, maybe it’s just my mind wanting something “more” because I’m not giving in to chocolate

rubidoux 05-22-2013 10:40 AM

Can you eat fat on SB? I do HFLC and it has helped so much w my appetite.

canadiangirl 05-22-2013 10:54 AM

I can easily skip a meal but I just love to eat so yes, I am more times then not, an endless pit!
In the begining I ate ALL the time but I think it was part of my body and mind adjusting to l/c.

Patience 05-22-2013 04:11 PM

I don't believe South Beach is low carb in the same sense that Atkins is low carb.
If you were on Atkins and were still hungry, I'd say swap out the lean meat for something less lean. Add fat. I don't have experience with South Beach, though.

Blue Skies 05-22-2013 04:24 PM

Not totally read up on South Beach diet, but it seems to me it requires you to do lower fat, lower carbs, and lower calorie as part of a "balanced" approach. As Bella said above, I don't think of the South Beach diet as a low carb woe.

On a LC woe, you're not concerned about lean pieces of meat. On a LC woe, you need a certain amt of fat. This is what holds down appetite. South Beach wouldn't be my choice, but that's not to say it's not a great choice. I've done versions of that diet all my life, and I was always hungry, always in a state of deprivation. So I can't really say what to do to make it better.

I know there's a SB thread here, under weight loss plans. Those folks are going to be able to help more, perhaps, than those of us on a LC woe. I think the two are quite different.

Ntombi 05-22-2013 04:56 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't do well on South Beach, for some of the reasons stated above. It's too high in carbs (for ME), and too low in fat (for ME). I do much better doing a high fat ketogenic plan. South Beach isn't ketogenic.

I know it works well for some, but if you feel that way the whole time you're doing it, I'd think about switching to a ketogenic plan.