Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
I am a binge eater/compulsive eater. I will share my perspective but take it or leave it as I firmly believe each journey is unique.

The turning point in my relationship with food came when I recognized this problem with never be ‘taken care of’ or ‘cured’. It can be managed, like many other chronic health issues. I also think it is important to realize management of this issue does not equate being ‘good all the time for the rest of your life’. In fact, I think I made the most growth in this area when I realized it was NOTHING about being perfect. It was about doing my best one choice at a time and them moving FORWARD. It is about how you react to an unhealthy choice, not about avoiding unhealthy choices altogether.

Please reconsider the way you label your behaviors with food as ‘good’ or ‘bad’. There is healthy and unhealthy. There is on plan and off plan… but these are only choices and you only make them one at a time. You NEVER have to start all over when you are not on a diet. When you are living a healthier lifestyle one day at a time, you always have your next choice to do better. Nothing starts, nothing stops… it just keeps flowing live a river.

Again, if this doesn’t apply to you I understand. I only shared with the hopes that even one of the things that have helped me might help you. I do feel for you as I have been in this state of mind before and it wreaks havoc physically and psychologically.

In a nutshell, keep on keeping on.
AMAZING POST!!!
Thanks very much for sharing, Trish!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links