Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Stallers,Slow Losers, Self-sabotagers-TakePics (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804572-stallers-slow-losers-self-sabotagers-takepics.html)

BecBelle 05-21-2013 01:49 PM

Stallers,Slow Losers, Self-sabotagers-TakePics

4 Attachment(s)
I have been on wagon since 03/17/13. I have lost 9lbs. Like everybody else I want more, faster. My pattern for loss is this: a rapid loss and then a very long spell of no loss. I get tired of weighing and not seeing a difference. I know that I'm shrinking but I'm not seeing on the scale. My pants,bra, shirts are looser. I'm taking pictures every month on the 21st. So that I can compare. Pictures #1 and #3 are from 03/21 and #2 and #4 are from 05/21.
Take pictures, compare and you can actually see the loss on your body not on the scale.

Blue Skies 05-21-2013 01:57 PM

Good job BecBelle! 9 lbs makes a difference you can see and feel in your clothes. As you go down further and further, you're going to be very glad to have these pictures. In fact, good chance they'll be a GREAT inspiration to stay on plan on a bad or more tempting day. Just whip those pix out and remind yourself what happens when you stay firmly in the driver's seat, instead of letting the carbs drive.

princessmommy 05-21-2013 02:27 PM

Way to go! And a Very neat idea!!

Trillex 05-21-2013 02:45 PM

I totally agree!

You sound very strong and determined so I don't think you'll *be* the person that you see in those early photos for very long. Congratulations on taking such firm control of your future!

baileygirl3 05-22-2013 03:12 AM

Wow, what a great idea! I really wish I had tracked along the way with pics.

lanita 05-22-2013 06:48 AM

Good job!! I wish I had thought to take pics. I'm so close to goal now, I don't think my body's going to do much more changing- not from diet anyway.

Geekin' in Utah 05-22-2013 06:23 PM

Pics and measurements. Even just a couple centimeters difference can be enough positive momentum to keep you from caving.

BecBelle 05-23-2013 03:04 PM

Thanks Everybody

Blue Skies, princessmommy, Trillex, baileygirl, lanita, Geekin: Thanks for the encouragement. I plan on bumping this thread on June 21, with new pictures.
I have lost a lb in the last 2 days so my loss is at 10 even today.:D Thanks again y'all.

margame 05-23-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecBelle (Post 16434410)
I have been on wagon since 03/17/13. I have lost 9lbs. Like everybody else I want more, faster. My pattern for loss is this: a rapid loss and then a very long spell of no loss. I get tired of weighing and not seeing a difference. I know that I'm shrinking but I'm not seeing on the scale. My pants,bra, shirts are looser. I'm taking pictures every month on the 21st. So that I can compare. Pictures #1 and #3 are from 03/21 and #2 and #4 are from 05/21.
Take pictures, compare and you can actually see the loss on your body not on the scale.

first off congrats! kutgw.
secondly, your weigh loss pattern fits in with the "weight set point theory" that says a body can lose up to 10% of it's weight before the "keep me from starvation" mechanisim kicks in and slows everything down. BUT once your body adjusts to the new lower weight then you will start losing again. it's difficult maintaining and not just giving up, but if you push on through it, the stall will eventually end and you will start losing again. in the end persistence pays off. (google "weight set point" for a better explanation.) that is the way i lose: drop 10 - 20 lbs fast then stall for months (really i just bounce up and down 5lbs or so for months) then i drop some more and stall again.