LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dede66
Stats: 168/ 167/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 6/12/06
Carbohydrate Addicts Diet

This is the plan I have been following for five days now,, I weighed in at 167 or 168,, this morning I weighed 163. I realize that is most likely water weight but the scales are moving! I ordered the book to fine tune my WOE but have read it in the past. Low carb is the way to go for me.. being diabetic. It is the only thing I have ever stuck to. I like the flexability of having that one reward meal,, for whenever you may need it, as in meeting with the family for lunch at a mexican food place. If I can eat one time a day , what I want,, I can be strict with myself for the other meals and snacks as needed.. Just wanted to share what is looking like a good plan for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I don't really know anything about that plan, but when your post came up for me to read the words "diabetic" and "reward meal" stuck out. Unfortunately, for most diabetics it's essential to keep their carb intake pretty level throughout the day and NOT have a big increase at one meal. But we are all different and maybe this will work for you.

Just be SURE your post prandial readings after that bigger meal don't go above 140 at any time and you are fine.

So often controlling that many carbs at once requires enough meds in your system that your blood sugar will go dangerously low at other times, so keep on top of that too.

Obviously losing these few pounds is NOT worth the long term diabetic complications like blindness and kidney failure. *hug*
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Don't think I could handle that free meal a day. Perhaps once I reach goal weight something like that would be helpful. Now I have to remain really low on carbs to actually lose weight. YMMV.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
I started out on the CAD...breakfast is a hard meal for me to do low carb so I always had my carb meal for breakfast. Usually some type of cereal. It worked really well for me.
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
There's a thread for the Carbohydrate's Addict Diet here: 2013 Carbohydrate Addicts and Carbohydrate Lifespan Program hangout CAD/CALP

I've read a bit about it in Johnny Bowden's book and it is definitely not the plan for me.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DressageLover
Stats: 222/168/150, 5'10"
WOE: VLC, A72
Start Date: 1/29/99
CAD is a terrific, very livable program. I did it for the first 13 years of my low carb eating. I finally had to go very low carb to drop past a plateau and get closer to goal, but there are people that can go all the way with CAD. The reward meal really needs to be balanced between protein, lc veggies, and carbs. Listen to your body, try not to overeat, and enjoy the process.
DressageLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
Wow! I must be a lot more sensitive to carbs than most. I did cad years ago and did ok the first few weeks. But even eating reasonably healthy carbs REALLY set off cravings and spiked blood sugar. After the "reward meal" I was always bloated and feeling sick. I wasn't eating huge portions or anything but I needed to stop. I'm not diabetic, but as I said, I would test blood sugar to see what was going on and it was high (after the so call reward .
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elgar
Stats: 182/170/150
WOE: HCG-2, Juicing & LC
Start Date: May 2013 (restart)
I'm diabetic and tried CAD several years ago. My blood sugar spikes were unreal after the reward meal. The only way I could keep them down below 140 was to not eat the starchy vegs or dessert. Which was the point of having a reward meal. I hope you do a lot better than I did.
Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
CAD keeps my cravings away. It's an amazing woe for me. It's given me a new lease on living. I'm not diabetic, so I don't know if it's a good woe for people controlling diabetes.
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote