Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone else watching calories too? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804321-anyone-else-watching-calories-too.html)

KellyMarie38 05-17-2013 08:01 AM

Anyone else watching calories too?

I think I need to start lowering my calorie intake as well as staying low carb. I did make one good change to reduce calories and that is switching to unsweetened almond milk for my coffee vs creamer. :) Lowers my carbs too. Wish I thought about it sooner.

Sharss 05-17-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyMarie38 (Post 16428579)
I think I need to start lowering my calorie intake as well as staying low carb. I did make one good change to reduce calories and that is switching to unsweetened almond milk for my coffee vs creamer. :) Lowers my carbs too. Wish I thought about it sooner.

Yes. We have a May Calorie Count under Other Plans. Feel free to join us. There are several doing LC. :)

astribling 05-17-2013 01:15 PM

Yes, I have always had to watch my calories. Now I am able to eat more calories eating low carb foods, then I could before and still lose weight. But if I let myself eat until I'm full I tend to overdo it.

KellyMarie38 05-17-2013 04:00 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check it out

scintillady 05-18-2013 10:36 AM

I don't count calories, but I find that I'm not as hungry while doing low carb. I used to live to eat, and lately I have been making myself eat something because I know I need the fat and protein.

emgee 05-20-2013 04:27 AM

Yes, unfortunately menopause seems to slow everything down. So, that is now the new normal. Just started counting a few days ago.

Punkin 05-20-2013 04:48 AM

I count calories and carbs, because it gives me insight into why I might be overeating.

Patience 05-20-2013 04:57 AM

I started tracking yesterday. I hope I am disciplined enough to continue, as it is good information to have at hand. I restarted just short of two months ago, and I figure I might as well get more fully into the program. Fortunately, like some others report, my appetite is quite meek at present. One of these days I will muster up the courage to weigh. I felt I just couldn't face the number until I had confidence the trend was heading downward. I know from my looser clothes it is working, so I am getting a little braver. What a wimp I sound to be!:eek:

lisamt 05-20-2013 11:41 AM

Almond milk is great! I have to keep calories between 1400-1500, or I don't lose at all even on low carb.

KellyMarie38 05-21-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 16432589)
Almond milk is great! I have to keep calories between 1400-1500, or I don't lose at all even on low carb.

I love it, the unsweetened almond milk. I just bought a thermos so I can take some to work. I add some davinci sugar free syrup and it's really good.