Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Officially stalled 10+ weeks and very unhappy. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/804264-officially-stalled-10-weeks-very-unhappy.html)

Deosil 05-16-2013 02:08 PM

Officially stalled 10+ weeks and very unhappy.

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone might have any insight and advice for me why I have stalled out for so long. I am really working this WOE and staying as positive as possible but the last couple of days I weighed myself and have 0 loss. I don't understand it and I am on the verge of giving up although I know I won't go through with that. I really want to stay as motivated as I have been but it is tough when you see nothing happening for all the work put in.

I started Atkins back in January. I lost around 42 pounds then I seemed to stop losing. I think I was eating too much cheese maybe at that time so I cut almost all of that right out and still eat very limited cheese or dairy. I had lurked around these forums up until then so decided I would join since I saw so many people here get the support they needed and lots of great advice.

I decided to combine a few different WOEs once I read all the boards and saw what worked for people.

Currently, I only eat allowed foods according to Atkins Induction and do not go above 20g carbs. I do this on a JUDDD schedule. On DD I generally just drink water or tea and turn this day into sort of IF since I stop eating around 4pm on UD and eat again on the next UD at around noon or a bit later and only for that 4 hour window. DD I am allowed 400 cal and UP I am allowed 2200. I only came close to the DD cal when I did BPC and on UP same thing although I usually landed in the 1800/2000 cal area (still keeping the under 20carb thing). I recently over the last week cut out the BPC to see if this would help but it made no difference. I was doing all caffeine free for my first 3 months but found that made no difference so have added limited caffeine back in my diet to eliminate the migraines I was starting to have because of lack of it for those months.

I never even have treats with sugar free anything. I don't make the mousse or cheesecake, danish or any of that stuff I know is allowed on Induction. I only use one teaspoon splenda in the BPC and since I stopped doing that for the last week I don't even use that much now.

I was pretty much sedentary for 8-10 years. I rarely if ever left my home and did very little moving. I now walk for 2 - 2.5 miles a day, everyday. I was trying Callanetics but my joints could not take it so I will resume that once I get a few more pounds down.

I take a woman's One A Day multivitamin and omega 3 each day along with Raspberry Ketones I added in around 3 weeks ago to see if I can make the stall go away but ..nothing.

I KNOW that I HAVE to be in the best health I have been in for years since I am now walking every day, have lost some weight and have a lot more energy. My best friend says he can see a difference but the scale says no. I think he might just be blowing smoke so I don't quit.

I just don't understand it. I have tried adding fats (BPC). I don't use caffeine or sugar sub much. I have done EVERYTHING I know to do and am getting no results. It is very upsetting. I know I have been steady in ketosis since I still have ketosis breath and the other things that let you know ketosis is happening.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

Rhubarb 05-16-2013 02:14 PM

Do you normally have a loss every day?

Edit: Sorry, I was looking at your first paragraph where you said you haven't had a loss in a couple of days. But looking at the subject line I think you're saying you haven't lost in 10 weeks?

If that's the case, then you are at a real plateau. If not, and you've just slowed down, it's fairly normal.

I would point out that 42 pounds since January is a lot and if you've been stalled for 10 weeks, then you lost it extremely fast. Maybe your body needed a break?

ravenrose 05-16-2013 02:52 PM

Just reading an interesting bit at About Low Carb the other day where Laura mentioned that even on low carb people rarely lose more than 5-20% of their starting weight, and of course even MORE rarely keep that amount off.

You sometimes get the wrong impression here, since the ones who CONTINUE being successful are much more likely to keep coming here and posting. The ones who don't just drift away.

We are led to hope we can reverse all that damage and just be like a thin person, just by "eating right," but it's not that simple, is it?

You are right to be delighted at your loss, which is about 15% of your starting weight. Actually, if you could maintain this forever and not gain it back you would be an astounding weight loss success. Understand?

You might need to start getting more realistic, sorry. A normal metabolism doesn't get morbidly obese like a lot of us have. We have a lot of strikes against us metabolically.

But I bet you will continue to lose over time if you stick with it and slowly try to decrease the calories, keeping the carbs low. Best of luck. *hug*

squirrel watch 05-16-2013 03:08 PM

The trick is to stay strong. I have stalled at times, too, and I know how frustrating it can be. IF it is 10 days or even 15...it's normal. It will pass. Keep believing. Ketones are a by-product of your body using fat for fuel. The scale WILL catch up! :console:

Are you measuring your body? Sometimes I would still lose an inch here and there while stalling, and that kept me sane.

Keep posting and getting support here. Stay fierce. You are doing an absolutely amazing job. The only way you will fail is if you quit, and you've already said that's not an option. Good for you!!!! Rooting for you all the way :heart:

MtherGoos 05-16-2013 03:21 PM

I absolutely believe that you can and will lose the weight. I know the scale is not always my friend, but as long as I stay the course, it will eventually move. If you listen to Ntombi, and some of the others here, they will tell you that they have often gone periods of time without any actual scale loss, but their clothing sizes go down. You have to trust the process, and give it time to work. I KNOW how frustrating it is, and it WILL happen, but it doesn't always happen on our time table. Keep I up and let it work.

Sharss 05-16-2013 03:22 PM

Our bodies have set points for our weight. If you've stopped losing, your bod could very easily be adjusting to your new weight. You might Google "Body Weight Loss Set Points" on this subject.

For heavens sakes, don't give up and don't get discouraged when something natural is happening. :)

You've done an awesome job! KUTGW :hugs:

Deosil 05-16-2013 06:14 PM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I came back a while ago, read your responses then went for a walk. When I got back I googled "Set Point Theory" as you suggested Sharss and read quite a number of articles both for the theory and against it. It brings up some interesting points on the "for" sites.

I will try to just plow through this period and hope there is light on the other side. I have not measured my body but maybe I should do that instead of going by the "never moving" scale. That might help provide some proof things are changing.

I have decided to up my walks and go faster pace. I am also going to add more weights and get back into Callanetics asap. I am also going to start drinking a lot more water hoping that will flush things out more. Hopefully that will help.

Again, thanks to you all for your responses. <3

Patience 05-16-2013 06:19 PM

Persistance and patience.
Easy to say but hard to do.
You've come too far to get discouraged.
:hugs:

rubidoux 05-16-2013 06:38 PM

Ugh! That sounds really hard and I totally applaud your commitment. I haven't had any extended plateaus, but when I don't see any movement on the scale for just a couple of weeks, it makes it so hard to stay motivated.

When I saw the title of your thread I thought IF or JUDDD, maybe, but you're already there. One thought, though, is that that after that longer fast that I did recently (I think you posted on that thread...) I did actually keep the weight off. I went from 170.2 to 166.6 and then in the next day or two down to 165.4, which totally shocked me. I am a very slow loser, usually. So, maybe trying a longer fast could shake things up a little for you.

Another thing to consider is limiting protein, ala nutritional ketosis. I have had a lot of luck doing that.

I think upping the exercise is a good idea. I don't think that exercise is great for weight loss, but I just started exercising in march, probably the end of march, and I have been shocked at what it does for my shape and how my clothes fit and how I feel. So, it'd be great if it did help you lose, but if it doesn't maybe it could give you a little boost anyway.

DairyQueen 05-16-2013 08:08 PM

Well.
FIrst, you have lost a LOT of weight very quickly. Three cheers for that.
2.As far as I'm concerned, JUDD negates the entire philosophy/strategy on which Atkins is based. Just saying.
3. Exercise doesn't help with weight loss unless you are an exercise fiend. (It will affect your overall heart health though.) Neither does water. Just saying.
4. If you are OK with Atkins, then stick to it and don't overthink it. You still have a lot of weight to lose. Track what you eat, and be consistent, and you will certainly lose the weight.
5. You CAN get down to your ideal weight. It is true that most people gain back the weight they lose, but you CAN be the one who loses A LOT and KEEPS it off. Keep your EYES ON THE PRIZE and you will succeed. I am totally serious. I have gone for long periods of time during which i haven't lost much weight. During those periods, I have eaten more calories than I expended. Are you tracking what you eat? You could post a few days' intake and we can take a look.

avid 05-16-2013 08:21 PM

I think you should pick one plan and stick with it.
Personally, JUDD and IF would never work for me. I would get too hungry
and undo any progress.
I find that LC works best. The beauty of very low carb, is that being in ketosis
is an appetite suppresant. I don't get nearly so hungry anymore. It's a great
way to keep losing.
Oh and a quick look at my stats shows that I have lost 25% of my starting weight and though my weight loss has slowed way down, I am still in ketosis and still losing.
So don't let anyone tell you that can't have dramatic weight loss ....
Your doing great so far...keep it up!!!

squirrel watch 05-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16428067)
So don't let anyone tell you that can't have dramatic weight loss ....

:goodpost:

Geekin' in Utah 05-16-2013 09:04 PM

To what everybody else has said, I would add this: have more success criteria than the scale. Get a tape measure and keep track of measurements: if you are getting more active, you may be gaining muscle. And that activity is a success indicator of its own. I'm sure you can find others.

The point is we get obsessed by the scale not moving and miss all the other amazing things that are happening while the scale isn't moving. And, in the end, those are the things that make it worth losing weight in the first pace!

Deosil 05-17-2013 01:59 AM

Thank You all so very much for responding with all the support and advice you have done. It means a lot to me and you all have really helped me stay the course and not lose faith.

Ravenrose Thank you for your insight. I do think it is a lot more difficult for some to lose weight than others. I am not genetically predisposed to be heavy. In fact, my parents were very lean as was I pretty much all of my life until a fairly traumatic event took place and I hibernated in my house with food for several years. I didn't have to go out for work as I build and repair computers and also admin and build websites which I do right from home. When this event took place years ago, I shut down my shop so I could "hide out" I guess you could call it but I had a large client base that was able to follow me to work out of my home. I do think I am trying to be realistic in my approach and I do know it will take time and effort. I appreciate your support :)

Squirrel I am going to try the tape measure thing. It may help me see some differences that are not showing on the scale. If I DO see something happening I can feel better about losing inches instead.

rhubarb you may be right about my body needing a break. I do think that 10+ weeks is a pretty long break though. TY for the support :)

rubidoux I may try a longer fast as you suggest and maybe switching it up to limit protein a bit more would be beneficial. I will give that a try and see if it helps. I did post on that thread of yours. I don't weigh myself often since I knew I had stalled before I joined the forum and it got me very down.

DairyQueen I do track what I eat. I have a journal I have kept faithfully every day since I started in January. I total everything up and even track my vitamins to be sure I have taken them. I will post up tomorrow's UD menu once I figure out what it will be

Avid I may try to settle into one basic plan. I did try plain Induction but then stalled so I tried all this other stuff I am doing. I know carbs are a problem for me and always have been so I think Induction IS the way to go I just need to jog myself out of this stall somehow.

Sharss, MtherGoos, Avid, Bella, squirrel, Geekin', and everyone else who posted support on the fact we can lose the weight: I really appreciate hearing that and I have seen so many people lose before that I KNOW it can be done. It is going to take time, that I know. But just to hear people support that helps a lot.

Thank you all so much. I feel a ton better for you having posted your thoughts here! <3

Patience 05-17-2013 05:46 AM

Even easier than measuring is how your clothes feel . . . sounds like you are ready set. . . go to continue.

lanita 05-17-2013 06:42 AM

I certainly agree with Avid! Narrow your focus and follow one WOE, fully. I think sometimes we try to do too many things at once and we end up doing none of them 100%. You can take a lot of stress off yourself by keeping it simple. Good luck, by the way. You are having great results so far and you have a lot to be proud of.

Spod 05-17-2013 07:06 AM

I'm stalled again too, after having lost 40 pounds in about 2.5 months. I think my body needs to play catch up and yours may too. Granted, I have a sf chocolate and fudgesicle regularly and teeny bits of bread when I feed my toddler, but I lost all throughout this same behavior. Do you work out and possibly need more calories? Don't give up hope. I keep reminding myself continuing this WOE will keep my from gaining back and know ill start losing again soon. I'm going on vaca Sunday, so the rest if May will be just maintaining the loss, but I'm going to dial it up in June! 10 more pounds in June is the plan :) congrats on your success so far and keep the faith!!!

peanutte 05-17-2013 07:07 AM

Congratulations on your 42 pounds, which is a really great start, and congratulations also on walking!

I absolutely don't believe there is some "5%-20%" limit to what we can lose on low-carb. Especially if you don't have a lifelong history of obesity and neither does your family. So I think you would do well to just set that assumption aside and forge ahead with YOUR goals in mind.

After we lose a certain amount, and find that we don't seem to be losing for a while, it stands to reason that we are at that point eating to a maintenance level for the current, lower weight. Lowering calories, while eating the same low-carb foods in slightly smaller portions, might solve this problem. It does for many.

I am wondering why you felt you needed to do JUDDD rather than aim for the daily average of those calories. JUDDD is fine, but in my opinion it makes more sense to eat regular calories every day--letting yourself get used to that--than to be willing to basically fast every other day and then eat a lot every other day.

If for some reason you truly find JUDDD to be comfortable and preferable, then by all means, do it if you want to. But if the primary reason you are doing it is to hopefully lose weight in a better or faster way than regular low-carb, clean eating, and calorie adjustment--to me, that's just adding unnecessary complications.

If you do decide to continue the alternating-day thing, one thing you should know is that there is no reason to force yourself to eat up to a certain amount of calories on your Up Days. Eating past the point of actual hunger and "need" is training yourself to ignore and override hunger cues for the sake of some arbitrary calorie number you are trying to hit. You might want to try simplifying things by aiming for something like 1200-1500 calories every day instead of this huge split. That may not sound like a lot, but if you pay attention to your hunger (which it sounds like you already try to do), you might be surprised to find yourself satisfied on a lot less food than you thought.

The best plan for any person is the plan that she can sustain. JUDDD is sustainable for some--but so is regular low-carb. I think you're stressing yourself out.

It sounds like you already eat pretty clean--no desserts, no cheesecakes--so good for you. Don't fret about adding various new supplements or raspberry ketones or any of that stuff. All it will do is make you overly concerned with the cause and effect of every little tweak, and you don't need to do that.
I hope you resume your weight loss soon; my main recommendation would be that you might have stopped losing because you reached a point where you need to re-adjust your portions and overall food a little bit more.

Mistizoom 05-17-2013 08:16 AM

We have similar stats and but it sounds like you lost very quickly then stalled. I've lost just over 50 lbs. in about 6 months now, but more "slow but steady" but I have noticed a slow down in the last couple of weeks. I think you should be gentle with yourself. I do agree that maintaining the loss is important. For me, I plan to continue to eat LC regardless of what I weigh, because I know it is the healthiest WOE for me. If I stall for a long time my next step is to count more carefully and really get serious about NK (nutritional ketosis). Being below 250 is much better than being close to 300. Frankly, the world is much easier to live in with even that amount of weight gone. For example, I can now shop in regular stores with plus size sections instead of a plus size only store. Have you bought yourself any new clothes (or dug out old ones that no longer fit)? Or done something else nice for yourself? I hope you are able to figure out a way to break the stall, but even if not you've already accomplished a lot.

raytamtay3 05-17-2013 08:21 AM

Just think of the progress you made with all of that weight loss and use that as your motivation to keep going! And think what would happen if you did quit....you will gain that and some back probably! Now wouldn't THAT suck more!?

Keep it up - you are doing great. And I cannot stress this enough - measure yourself at the very least twice a week. I'm sure there will be progress there.

Rhubarb 05-17-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 16428048)
Well.
FIrst, you have lost a LOT of weight very quickly. Three cheers for that.
2.As far as I'm concerned, JUDD negates the entire philosophy/strategy on which Atkins is based. Just saying.
3. Exercise doesn't help with weight loss unless you are an exercise fiend. (It will affect your overall heart health though.) Neither does water. Just saying.
4. If you are OK with Atkins, then stick to it and don't overthink it. You still have a lot of weight to lose. Track what you eat, and be consistent, and you will certainly lose the weight.
5. You CAN get down to your ideal weight. It is true that most people gain back the weight they lose, but you CAN be the one who loses A LOT and KEEPS it off. Keep your EYES ON THE PRIZE and you will succeed. I am totally serious. I have gone for long periods of time during which i haven't lost much weight. During those periods, I have eaten more calories than I expended. Are you tracking what you eat? You could post a few days' intake and we can take a look.

Curious as to why you say that JUDD negates the Atkins philosophy/strategy. I'm having trouble seeing why it wouldn't work if someone chose to cycle carbs instead of calories. Is it the fear that too many carbs on the up day (assuming they're allowed on your "rung") would trigger cravings if in higher amounts? Or does averaging carbs just not work for other reasons?

Not that I'm doing JUDD but since you're a health writer and often have an informed perspective I'm just curious.

Charski 05-17-2013 11:35 AM

42 pounds! :jumpjoy: That's fantastic!!

NOW - Dr. A says that a stall is no loss of WEIGHT OR INCHES for at LEAST 6 weeks. If your friend says he can see the difference - most likely you are firming up and replacing the stored fat with muscles. Do your clothes feel differently? Looser? Wearing things you haven't worn in a while?

You for sure need to start measuring and noticing the difference in your clothes. In fact, I'd do THAT alone, maybe put the scales away for a week or three! and see if you're obsessing and sabotaging yourself over the numbers you're seeing on the scales.

And most important for ME, when I start to lose sight of the big picture, is to re-read the 2002 or earlier Atkins books - I always get my mind set back straight when I do that, and I find I buckle down and do even better after that. So, as others have suggested, I'd pick ONE way of eating, stick to it, and read all you can about it. Don't just go by what people post on the internet. That can lead you off into the tall grass pretty quickly.

Have faith, stay the course, and you'll be rewarded with better health AND a trimmer body! :hugs:

Deosil 05-17-2013 12:18 PM

Thanks everyone who added to this thread! :) Everyone here has helped with advice or just perspective. I feel SO MUCH better than I did 2 days ago. You really all have helped keep me on track in a huge way! <3

Bella & Charski I WILL start the measuring thing for certain now. I had not weighed myself for around 4 weeks last go-round since the time before that was such a let down I wanted to not have that millstone again so soon. Sadly, when I DID weigh again there was still no movement. I even made sure to calibrate my scale against another just in case it was broken.

Spod I feel you completely! It sucks to not see those numbers go down but you are right i saying that we need to keep on keeping on. I walk and work out mildly but not enough to need more calories at this time. It is certainly something to think about though as I increase my fitness. Good Luck to you on getting out of your stall also. <3

Ianita, Peanutte & Charski I WAS doing just Atkins Induction for months but swapped it up when I stalled. I rather like how I have things set up right now and my body feels so much better on DD when I DON"T eat than when I do. I grew up only having one meal a day (latchkey kid w/ very busy parents) and have carried that my entire life so maybe that is why I like the combo I have going atm. But, if it isn't working I will need to do whatever I have to so that it does work for me even if that is just choosing one WOE after all. I know carbs hit me like a ton of bricks and I need to stay away from high carb. Naturally I know LC will be the way I need to model my life. I am already ahead of the game in as much as on UD I now eat a breakfast of either BPC or eggs or SOMETHING whereas I have never made a habit of this my whole life. I do like the feeling that IF/JUDDD gives me so I thought the combination might work for me and I was really expecting to see a couple of pounds (at least) gone the last weigh in. I seem to FEEL better and have more energy but the scale appears to think differently.

Peanutte I think I will try your advice and lower the calories some more and smaller portions. Thank you for the advice on not having to eat up to my calories on UD. I was sort of stressing on this a bit as most days I just don't want to eat that much and just plain aren't hungry enough to do so. I really very rarely feel hunger pains and can't honestly say I have had any cravings of any significance, even on DD so I know I don't need the amount of food projected in the calculator for JUDDD.

Mistizoom I did go out and buy a couple of T shirts and some workout pants to walk in but I haven't bought anything else. I did do one thing to make myself feel better; Since I was 15 I had been dying my hair blonde. As I am a redhead it always ends up a shade of strawberry light blonde that is really nice. Well, for the last 8 years I had neglected my hair and nails. Last month as a "reward" I had my hair cut and colored and gave myself a manicure (first time in 8 years lol) and it made me feel a lot more like my old self again. I plan on doing a few more nice things as I hit certain goals. :)

raytamtay Thanks for the support! It would suck hugely to put any weight back on that is certain! I will do the measuring thing as so many of you have suggested. :)

Charski I sort of feel like I am smaller in my shoulder area and upper body in general. My clothes don't feel much different though. The measuring I hope will show me some differences . I will do as you suggest and re-read the Atkins books. I think I will take a bottle of water and my e-reader outside tomorrow and spend the time in the fresh air and do just that. :)

Thank You all so very much! You are a wonderful group of people! <3

JMacB 05-19-2013 06:35 AM

I feel your pain! I was in a stall from the end of January until last week! I lost one entire pound in that time... And since last week I'm down almost 5 pounds! But in that time I also knew my body shape was changing, and I had more people tell me they could tell I was looking weight even though I saw no changes on the scale. It was so frustrating! And now the scale is moving again and I don't think I'm doing anything differently! But, I will take it - both the changes in how I look, and now to see the numbers change. I'm really glad I stuck with it.

DairyQueen 05-19-2013 08:34 AM

Rhubarb,
I wasn't thinking re: cycling carbs vs. calories and JUDD...JUDD cycles calories. I think that if you cycled carbs, you never would be in ketosis. One of the things I take into account when thinking about all the different ways to lose weight is that the science, i.e., studies... isn't there for a lot of it. i only know what works for me. JUDD may work for you, or Paleo, or the Ice Cream Diet, or Weight Watchers..there are a lot of ways to lose weight!

Here are some thoughts on JUDD, though.

So, JUDD centers on calories ...alternating 500 calories a day with
days on which you can eat as much of anything/ everything that you
want.

Sure, that can work. It's counting calories. It also argues that, by
reducing calories, SIR1 protein levels will increase. SIR1 has been
associated with some beneficial metabolic activity, but nothing has
been proven yet. And there is no science showing for how long one must
restrict calories in order to increase SIR1 levels. I have even read
a study showing that calorie restriction LOWERS SIR1 activity. As
for that stuff sold on the JUDD website, reservatrol, studies have
pretty much shown that it does NOT enhance or activate SIR1. Of
course, we are just looking at science at the molecular level and in a
very few mouse studies.

If you buy into the ketogenic theory and Atkins, then you would agree
that counting carbs is what matters, in order to stay in a ketogenic
state. Again, there ally is no definitive study showing that this is
valid science, either. it makes sense to me because it works for me.

So Atkins is all about carbs (and, at some point, calories come into
play), and JUDD is all about calories. if you fast for one day, then
eat normally (not gorging), you'll lose weight. Just don't believe
that reservatrol stuff, cause that part is not good science.

Rhubarb 05-19-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 16431011)
Rhubarb,
I wasn't thinking re: cycling carbs vs. calories and JUDD...JUDD cycles calories. I think that if you cycled carbs, you never would be in ketosis. One of the things I take into account when thinking about all the different ways to lose weight is that the science, i.e., studies... isn't there for a lot of it. i only know what works for me. JUDD may work for you, or Paleo, or the Ice Cream Diet, or Weight Watchers..there are a lot of ways to lose weight!

Here are some thoughts on JUDD, though.

So, JUDD centers on calories ...alternating 500 calories a day with
days on which you can eat as much of anything/ everything that you
want.

Sure, that can work. It's counting calories. It also argues that, by
reducing calories, SIR1 protein levels will increase. SIR1 has been
associated with some beneficial metabolic activity, but nothing has
been proven yet. And there is no science showing for how long one must
restrict calories in order to increase SIR1 levels. I have even read
a study showing that calorie restriction LOWERS SIR1 activity. As
for that stuff sold on the JUDD website, reservatrol, studies have
pretty much shown that it does NOT enhance or activate SIR1. Of
course, we are just looking at science at the molecular level and in a
very few mouse studies.

If you buy into the ketogenic theory and Atkins, then you would agree
that counting carbs is what matters, in order to stay in a ketogenic
state. Again, there ally is no definitive study showing that this is
valid science, either. it makes sense to me because it works for me.

So Atkins is all about carbs (and, at some point, calories come into
play), and JUDD is all about calories. if you fast for one day, then
eat normally (not gorging), you'll lose weight. Just don't believe
that reservatrol stuff, cause that part is not good science.

That makes sense, although perhaps if someone is just doing "lower" carb rather than a ketogenic diet, there might be some logic to the idea of carb cycling.

Still, I suppose you could use the known benefits of low carb to help do the calorie cycling in JUDD. What I mean is, use the appetite suppression to help you through those fasting days. The key would be to keep the carbs quite low on the up days, which would logically translate into higher fat. (On the other hand, if you are experiencing the appetite suppression of a ketogenic diet it's not obvious why you'd bother.)

As for the SIR1 and Resvaterol stuff, I tend to be skeptical of all of it. But then I was late to low carb, so I'm not exactly cutting edge ... :)

Thanks for the info.

Deosil 05-19-2013 03:00 PM

SO...
Since I last weighed myself 4 or 5 days ago (a day or so after my disappointing weigh in I made this thread) I have done a few things mentioned by you great people.

As Peanutte suggested, I have NOT eaten all the UD calories the online calculator said I should. Instead of forcing myself to fulfill the calorie requirement for UD I have only eaten until I am full.

Also, as rubidoux suggested I dropped my protein amounts and replaced it with a bit more fats.

I also did my 2 last DD with a clean 34 hour fast period between eating for my UD

I weighed again today since I was trying to prove my best friend wrong (he said he thought I looked thinner in the shoulders and I thought he was BSing me)and I am now 241!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! YAY!

I thank ALL of you here for helping me through this period of frustration and all the good advice given! You all are so very helpful and knowledgeable and I am so lucky to have benefited from your help!

squirrel watch 05-19-2013 04:33 PM

:jumpjoy:

Mistizoom 05-19-2013 06:07 PM

:clap: