Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
I'll be honest, 22 months into low-carbing, I still sometimes question the fat thing.
I spent 30 years avoiding fats - it is still hard to wrap my head around it sometimes.So, I can imagine that someone who has no experience is going to question it. I don't bother trying to educate people unless they ask me.

I hear ya and I'm right there with you. We were brainwashed for so long about eating low fat (and no chicken skins) that it isn't easy to just adapt to it right off the bat. It's a learning curve.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
I know people in real life that have lost a ton of weight on a Low fat diet like WW and managed to keep it off over the years. It is true that those people have successfully maintained the WOE which is the reason they keep it off. Not everyone needs to go LC to maintain a good body weight. I find that the people who tend to rebound are the ones that go back to their regular WOE after a diet, which is the reason why the weight comes back.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
I agree that not everyone needs vlc to maintain a healthy weight and enjoy good health though even WW is lower carb. Not too many traditional diets require high amounts of white flours and sugars. I choose full fat low carb because it is healthy and easy for me. I addition, it is the most nutrient dense woe out there. Nobody can argue that veggies and protein are good for the body.

Fear of fat has to do with calories I think . I eat MUCH less fat on LC . My fats though high percentage have more to do with what I am NOT eating. Mac and cheese and French fries were pretty high fat in addition to carbs. Steak and risotto. Eliminating fatty and high carb also reduces Trans fats! Eating LC reduces junk fats and leaves in healthy fats ... Fats I ingested anyway. Eating all that fat in addition to junk fat and carbs is a nightmare for the body.
Spanilingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
BTW...what kind of restaurant opened in your gym...just curious. I find this woe eating to fit me because I don't feel hungry all the time. When eating the standard american diet with portion control as WW is ,I believe, I was hungry all the time and couldn't wait to get to my next snack or meal.
When Atkins said I could eat til satiated and Taubes did too I was hooked.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher513 View Post
I hear ya and I'm right there with you. We were brainwashed for so long about eating low fat (and no chicken skins) that it isn't easy to just adapt to it right off the bat. It's a learning curve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
I'll be honest, 22 months into low-carbing, I still sometimes question the fat thing.
I spent 30 years avoiding fats - it is still hard to wrap my head around it sometimes.
So, I can imagine that someone who has no experience is going to question it. I don't bother trying to educate people unless they ask me.
This is me also.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote