Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Judy211
WOE: Atkins
Todays menu look good?

Hi! My name is Judy and I am re-starting my weight loss journey. I lost 45 pounds on Medifast last year and now gained about 35 back. I have done low carb off and on but this time I will succeed. I just want to feel good and know that I am healthy. Lately I feel horrible and sluggish and my lower back pain has returned.
I would appreciate your input or advice on what I ate today. My choice is to do low carb and keep carbs under 35 a day. I have been reading, well lurking and everyone is so helpful and encouraging...which is something I really need in my life

breakfast: 1 slice Jody's Pumpkin bake
2 coffee with sugar free coffee mate (2 carbs per cup 4 carbs total )

Lunch: 4 oz shredded chicken with green onions and 1.5 tlbs.mayo
2 oz cheddar cheese
1/2 half avocado

snack: 15 peanuts

Dinner: 1 slice Cheddar green onion black olive quiche ( 1 slice 4 carbs)
2 cups romaine
1.5 tlbs of bacon ranch dressing
1 slice Jody's Pumpkin Bake

100 oz water during the day.

Thanks for your help!! This site is awesome!

Last edited by Judy211; 05-14-2013 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: addition
Judy211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Hi! Welcome!!

I would not use the "sugar free" coffee mate. I almost bought some tonight, thinking I'd get a little low carb treat for myself.... and the 2nd ingredient is CORN SYRUP!!! (I don't know how they even call it "sugar free"???) The 3rd ingredient is hydrogenated soybean oil - which is not a healthy oil. I would recommend using cream or half and half. If you like flavor, try getting some of the zero carb sugar free flavored coffee syrups (Target or Wal-Mart has them, most grocery stores carry them these days)

Peanuts are not on Atkins Induction.... but you mention you are doing your own lowcarb plan with 35g carbs... so I suppose if it you are losing weight with that, its fine. It looks like you've got them portion controlled which is good. At least for me, its really easy to accidentally eat a huge handful of peanuts or other nuts!

Other than those minor things, your menu looks pretty good!!
Hope you have lots of success!! :-)

Last edited by Strawberry; 05-14-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitcub
Start Date: 01/19/09...this time
I would echo what Strawberry said. Opt for half and half or heavy whipping cream in your coffee. Also, those peanuts could become a problem for you. You haven't specified a plan you are doing so I couldn't say for sure, but some plans save peanuts for much later on. Peanuts are technically a legume - like beans and peas. And some people have stall and/or binge issues with them. Some tasty almonds or a few macadamia nuts may be a better choice for you.

Good luck on this journey!
kitcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Judy211
wow

Thanks for the info on coffee mate...I did just assume because it says "sugar free" that it was better. Yikes I will be using half n half from now on. I have several sf Toriani syrups that I love and already use in coffee for flavor. Thanks for your input. It has been several years since I read DANDR so I think this weekend that will be on my agenda-a refresher. I am thinking about joining a group on the site that can keep me focused and accountable. I would like to lose 70 lbs, sometimes it seems doable and other times impossible!
Judy211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
Start Date: April 2013 restart
I love using Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee. You could try that also.
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Its doable! Just focus on small goals - like losing 6 - 8 lbs in the next month. Inch by inch, you will get there!
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keh216
Stats: 254/183/170
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: Jan 2009
I use coconut oil (1tsp), heavy whipping cream (2 tablespoons) and cinnamon in my coffee....I can't believe how much I don't miss my "sugar free" caramel macchiato. I drink this x2 and treat it as breakfast because it is sooooooo calorie/fat dense.
keh216 is offline   Reply With Quote