LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nancypie11
Stats: 191/172/145
WOE: LCHF/IF, insulin resistant
Start Date: Dec 17th 2012
Where's my energy?

I have lost 21lbs in almost 4 months... So I know what I'm doing in right, although I've struggled here and there to figure out what works for me. What I'm wondering is, where is all this new energy I'm supposed to have?

Lol! My house seems to be cleaner but I am still tired most of the day... It's gotten worse lately back to napping after lunch. Any tips for increasing energy? There is a small chance it might have to do with the increased heat, it's in the 100's. also I eat co regularly, take a multivitamin, L-carnitine, potassium, magnesium, and an omega pill...

Sahm to 4 kiddos, wife to a lc hubby
Diagnosed insulin resistant 1/2013
Goals:
1: 160 lbs
2. size 10 jeans
3: 145 lbs

Nancypie11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
My house is far messier, but I seem to have more energy. Ha!
Actually, my comes and goes. My energy peaks in the morning but I really fizzle out at night.
That's a daily cycle . . . overall I think it is increasing, but it just might be more a matter of having survived another winter.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/294/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I am close to dead when it's hot. Worse since I have MS, but I've always been very beat intolerant.

How are you sleeping? Are you exercising? If so, when? If it's later in the day, you might try moving it up.

Have you gone in and out of ketosis at all? Being keto-adaptated, with the associated increases energy that some report, takes several weeks of consistent ketosis. If you're eating off plan and then getting back on plan, the clock restarts.

And congratulations on your good work so far!
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
Do you take regular l-carnitine or Acetyl l-carnitine? Acetyl is the type you want for energy help, regular is more of a bodybuilding thing. I also take alpha lipoic acid to help the acetyl l-carnitine, which might be working. I've had to up my dose of acetyl l-carnitine to 1500 mg per day to keep it working for me. And though I'm not really any more energetic, my brain is much clearer when taking it.

Type of magnesium is also important, but probably wouldn't impact your energy levels either way directly.

I have less energy this time of year just because I'm not sleeping as soundly, from allergies. And 100 degree heat would make anyone want a nap.

I don't find ketosis helps with my energy either. It took me several months to feel any better on low carb than on a SAD, except for not having blood sugar plunges, but I've never got the energy thing that other people report.
solarpluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/160.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I also haven't had an increase in energy. I've lost 40 pounds in 2 1/2 months, I check my blood ketones, so I know I'm in ketosis, but no increase in energy at all.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote