Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   McDonalds Iced Coffee with Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/803932-mcdonalds-iced-coffee-sugar-free-vanilla-syrup.html)

HappyisNow 05-11-2013 09:21 PM

McDonalds Iced Coffee with Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup

Can someone let me know how much carb content is in a large cup? I love the taste but I can't find the carb content on the company website.

I'm afraid to get addicted! :lol:

Biochic 05-12-2013 05:14 AM

Should be minimal. Half and half or cream should be the only thing to add carbs.

Julie1972 05-12-2013 05:22 AM

I looked this up recently and it was higher than I would have thought! Per their website, the carb count is 18 g carbs for a large, 12 for a medium and 9 for a small iced coffee with SF vanilla syrup.

Dottie 05-12-2013 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They are likely counting the carbs in the sugar alcohols in the s/f syrup:

Elgar 05-13-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16420925)
They are likely counting the carbs in the sugar alcohols in the s/f syrup:

That is curious -- I have four brands of SF syrup in the house right now and none contain eythritol but the one they are using has it listed as the second ingredient. Given the fact there are only 2 grams sugar, I'd probably count the whole thing as 4 grams carb. since eythritol really does have a neglible effect on blood sugars.

Dottie 05-13-2013 05:44 AM

I suspect the 2g of sugar listed is from the light cream.

krow134 05-13-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16421999)
I suspect the 2g of sugar listed is from the light cream.

It is! I usually tell them no cream if its a JUDDD DD and its a 0 calorie compared to 120 calorie (I think 120).

CarolynF 05-13-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyisNow (Post 16420624)
Can someone let me know how much carb content is in a large cup? I love the taste but I can't find the carb content on the company website.

I'm afraid to get addicted! :lol:

You can also have them add Splendas instead of the SF vanilla syrup or add
your own. That is what I do cuz they put too much of the SF vanilla syrup in there..

Mommie22boys 05-13-2013 03:34 PM

Splenda packets have more carbs than liquid SF sweetener due to the bulking agent they use in the packets. Probably fewer carbs if you just stick to the SF syrup and tell them how many pumps you want them to add. Iced coffee = yum!

Kiley2801 05-13-2013 03:48 PM

Yikes, I'm happy that I made my cold-press iced coffee here at home (or just order the iced coffee black) Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients (24):
Coffee Roast, Cream Light (Milk, Cream, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Datem, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan) , Vanilla Syrup Sugar Free (Water, Erythritol, Flavor(s) Natural & Artificial, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Salt, Malic Acid, Potassium Sorbate Preservative, Acesulfame Potassium, Caramel Color [Sulfite] )

solarpluvia 05-13-2013 05:38 PM

Ingredients look very similar to Monin's SF vanilla syrup, which is the only one I know of that contains erythritol. That contains 4 grams of total carbs per ounce (probably all erythritol), which is probably close enough to the McD version. So how many carbs are actual used carbs depends on how much syrup they use, versus how much cream.

Ah HA! Fiddling with their nutrition calculator, it would seem that the net carbs would be 4 from the cream, with the rest (14 g) non-usable carbs from the erythritol in the syrup.

tymom 05-14-2013 08:02 AM

I love McD iced coffee. but i dont like sweet in my drink, so i order it "cream only no syrup" and its very yummy. Only carbs are in the cream and minimal.

Dottie 05-14-2013 09:32 AM

lol the first time I ordered a "large iced coffee, black" she asked me 3x what I wanted and I repeated with "no sweetener, no cream -just iced black coffee".
When I got to the window, it had cream in it and I said "no I wanted it black with no cream or anything, just coffee and ice" and the guy at the window had to ask "do we do that?" one of the women said "yes" and laughed.

astribling 05-14-2013 01:12 PM

I got a large iced coffee from McD's today, and after reading this post was worried about the carbs, so I just got it with the cream, no flavors and then added my own liquid splenda. I always carry a small bottle of ez-sweet in my purse now, and that worked out really well! However, it's a good thing I was watching the girl make it. I told her NO FLAVORING. Apparently she thought I wanted the regular nonflavored sweetener and started pumping that in. Luckily I caught it and she fixed it. But it did taste yummy even with just the splenda!