Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Overweight and thrilled! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/803893-overweight-thrilled.html)

Phranquie 05-11-2013 08:13 AM

Overweight and thrilled!

I have dropped into the "overweight" category on the BMI charts. I have lost 156lbs (from 325 to 168.4) and my BMI has gone from 57.6 to 29.8. Having a BMI over 50 put me in the super morbid obese category less than a year ago. I am so happy to not see the word obese used to describe my weight. I am very hopeful about the future and my emotional and physical well being. I have 30lbs to lose to start to be at a healthy weight but I know I'll get there soon.

I want to encourage those people who think they can't lose the weight and especially to the people who think they have so much weight to lose that it is too overwhelming a task to even think about. I am here to say you can do it. It definitely is not easy and it takes being mindful every day but it is a lot easier than being obese. Never give up.

krow134 05-11-2013 08:14 AM

Congrats!!!!!!

Its so much nicer to see overweight than obese in my opinion!! Great work!!!

biancasteeplechase 05-11-2013 09:23 AM

Congratulations! I'm your height, and I've been looking forward to that same weight for the same reason. Thank you so much for the encouragement and the inspiration!

Mistizoom 05-11-2013 10:31 AM

Congratulations, very inspirational!

dmburk 05-11-2013 10:40 AM

:clap::clap:

cfine 05-11-2013 10:44 AM

Yay! I can't wait to be overweight :)

MtherGoos 05-11-2013 11:02 AM

Congratulations! I'm the same height as you too, so I have a long way to go before I get there, but you're very inspiring!!

Weezy 05-11-2013 11:58 AM

Wow....just absolutely WOW! Congrats! What a long way you've come; your determination is really inspiring.

Rhubarb 05-11-2013 12:03 PM

I have lost 156lbs (from 325 to 168.4) and my BMI has gone from 57.6 to 29.8. Having a BMI over 50 put me in the super morbid obese category less than a year ago.

That is an amazing accomplishment! You must be so proud of yourself --- and rightly so. Congratulations!

Blue Skies 05-11-2013 12:25 PM

Fantastic! Congrats!!!! And your title reminds us all that everything is relative when it comes to weight loss---good is really about BETTER. And in your case, so much better!

trishthedish 05-11-2013 02:41 PM

Way to go Frankie!! This is a fantastic milestone and you deserve to feel accomplished! I am so happy for you!:jumpjoy:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

princessmommy 05-11-2013 03:00 PM

Wow Frankie!! That is Sooo awesome! Way to go!!

Geekin' in Utah 05-11-2013 04:13 PM

Congrats! There are few things that compare with the feeling of going from super-morbidly obese to overweight. I hope I never forget the frustration, depression, and hopelessness I felt at that point. And goal is ever so much more sweet!

Ntombi 05-11-2013 04:28 PM

That's fabulous! Congratulations on all your hard work. :clap:

My goal weight puts me in the overweight category (I'm going by BF%, not BMI), so I can't wait to get there!

krazy cat 05-11-2013 07:00 PM

Congrats Frankie - Wow!! :sing: :D Your speedy weight loss and determination are just unbelievable!
You'll be at goal in no time! :jumpjoy: :high5: :clap:

llisarray 05-11-2013 07:15 PM

Congratulations !

Hooligan 05-11-2013 08:06 PM

That's AWESOME Frankie! You are amazing!!!!

Patlaf 05-11-2013 10:49 PM

I am so happy for you Frankie. You have lost an amazing amount of weight in a year. I remember following your posts when I first joined LCF and then you disappeared. It's great to see you posting again and wonderful to see your success.

Pat

Elgar 05-12-2013 04:43 AM

Congratulations! That is an amazing short period of time to lose so much weight. Way to go!!!

Biochic 05-12-2013 05:12 AM

Inspirational🌟

Kateee 05-12-2013 05:46 AM

Awesome :)

scintillady 05-12-2013 06:17 AM

It's all relative, isn't it? Being surrounded by people all of my adult life who thought I wasn't thin enough unless my bones stuck out, I've felt fat most of my life even when most people would think I was just fine. It amazes me that fat is one of the last prejudices that people find it acceptable to comment on. I was riding with a co worker the other day and we passed 2 significantly overweight women, and he made a comment about them. Later on when I was at the gym I saw them working out on the treadmills together. Who knows how much weight they have lost already? Who knows whether they finally made it into the overweight category? Nobody knows what goes on in the lives or minds of those of us who need or want to lose weight unless we know them well.

JMacB 05-12-2013 06:48 AM

That is fantastic! I am so happy for you and what an amazing accomplishment!

theredhead 05-12-2013 07:06 AM

What a wonderful accomplishment! Thank you for sharing your journey so that others can be encouraged!

thecloude1 05-12-2013 07:14 AM

Congrats Frankie...I am so proud of you!!!

Phranquie 05-12-2013 07:45 PM

Thanks everyone. I really do feel great about where I am right now and this makes looking to the future more positive.

@ Blueskies- It really is about improvement and getting better. I try to not compare my journey against anything else except what I am doing now. And now is good.

@Pat- Nice to see you! Yep, I kept the weight off for a few years then slowly gained it back. I came back several times and lost a good amount each time but did not deal with my binging tendencies so last summer I ended up at my highest weight ever and was just so over myself that I got serious. I am now much more cautious and know that I'll need to always be vigilant about food. But it is something I welcome as it is helping me to get back to healthy.

@scintillady- I am sure someone looking at me and not knowing where I come from would probably judge what I look like now because I am short and overweight. But I really don't care. At 325 I really took it to heart and on more than one occasion I have had people say incredibly rude things to me about my body which mortified me and would make me feel like a freak. But now I just don't care what others think. I think some people will find a reason to judge and look down on others and overweight people are such an easy target, especially by people who have never had a weight problem and who cannot fathom letting themselves get so big. So for right now being overweight is a positive part of who I am, it won't be for long, but I worked hard to get here and I am happy about it. Everything is relative.

mama_2_3 05-12-2013 08:08 PM

Congrats Frankie! :clap: :clap: Your stats are truly amazing.

bethierose 05-13-2013 06:42 AM

that is seriously encouraging, Frankie! Way to go!!!

Chuck41 05-13-2013 07:09 AM

I too am thrilled to be "overweight". Congratulations. You have achieved a remarkable accomplishment. :congrats:

llisarray 05-13-2013 09:04 AM

Way to go !! :clap: