Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /217.5/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Hunger and food choices

For months, now, my breakfast has either been bulletproof coffee, or a couple fat-bombs. These get me through the morning nicely, and I'm ready to eat around 2pm or a little earlier.

Once in a while, I have to grab fast-food, and on those days, I typically go to Wild Wing Cafe for lunch, and enjoy my extra fat there.

On Thursday, though, my day was a little crazy. BK for breakfast (2 sausage-egg-cheese sandwiches served Lo-Carb style). By 11, when my daughter & I had to be at the airport, I was considering eating a TSA-agent, with a little mayo for dipping sauce!

Given time-issues and where we were, I had a choice between BK and this hot dog place. Hot dog place had pictures of WINGS! SCORE! Except... "are ALL your wings breaded?" ~woman nods head~

~sigh~ BK it was. Chicken salad, with bacon and cheese. Didn't trust the dressing.

Fairly un-satisfying, and sure enough, STARVING by dinner time! (We will not be discussing how much chicken I wound up packing away!)

Then, there's yesterday.

BP coffee -- check. Cheeseburger and small salad -- check. Dinner... a handful of almonds, not really hungry, thanks.

I've been high fat/low appetite for so long, I'd forgotten what it FEELS like to be that ravenous!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I love my high fat lifestyle . If I don't feel satisfied after a meal, I just go and get some butter, cream cheese and liquid stevia, melt it a bit and eat that. It works every time.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I was really hungry for a day or two a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know why, I was eating my regular foods. But it was strange to feel so hungry. I'm just not used to it anymore! Ketosis is a wonderful thing!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
I really get tired of people trying to force me to eat ya know. A lot of days, like today, I have NO desire to eat. Do you ever get that? And there's always some kind person that says, she's not eating because she's on a DIET !! No, I'm not eating because I'm not hungry ! LOVE those no hunger days
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I'm in awe of people who can go for hours without eating after bulletproof coffee. I've tried it, but end up feeling hungry after a couple of hours. If I eat some protein with fat for my first meal of the day, then I can stay full until the afternoon.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I am still early days in my restart, but what is working for me is BPC together with some protein/fat . . . eggs or breakfast-type meat, not both. I separate the two by about an hour when I am able. This takes me until early afternoon. I am an early riser.

How much total fat do most of you BPC fans put into your morning coffee? I am still playing with a range. This being the weekend, I used a tablespoon each of butter and CO, whipped up to a very satisfying indulgence.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /217.5/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
I tend to use about 2 TBS each of CO and HWC in my coffee. (Yes, that DOES take up a good chunk of my coffee cup!)

I'm not saying everyone must have BPC for breakfast... just saying what a difference it made, eating so much lower-fat. Would have been alarming, if I didn't know what was wrong!

And yes, I have days where I eat hardly anything. (Often, on those days, when I DO eat, it's because I want salt, not food.)
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I am still early days in my restart, but what is working for me is BPC together with some protein/fat . . . eggs or breakfast-type meat, not both. I separate the two by about an hour when I am able. This takes me until early afternoon. I am an early riser.

How much total fat do most of you BPC fans put into your morning coffee? I am still playing with a range. This being the weekend, I used a tablespoon each of butter and CO, whipped up to a very satisfying indulgence.
If I'm drinking BPC right before or with breakfast, I use a tablespoon of coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream. I've tried the version with unsalted butter and did not care for the taste.

BPC only triggers hunger for me if I drink it on an empty stomach. If I make one in the afternoon, it doesn't have that effect.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
This being a weekend I'll give myself another cup this afternoon and try with the HWC that I bought, whipped up with some CO. What fun to have so many choices.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dew4j
Stats: 185/140.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/1/04, reinduction 1/15/09
????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGriffin View Post
For months, now, my breakfast has either been bulletproof coffee, or a
Quote:
couple fat-bombs
. These get me through the morning nicely, and I'm ready to eat around 2pm or a little earlier.

Once in a while, I have to grab fast-food, and on those days, I typically go to Wild Wing Cafe for lunch, and enjoy my extra fat there.

On Thursday, though, my day was a little crazy. BK for breakfast (2 sausage-egg-cheese sandwiches served Lo-Carb style). By 11, when my daughter & I had to be at the airport, I was considering eating a TSA-agent, with a little mayo for dipping sauce!

Given time-issues and where we were, I had a choice between BK and this hot dog place. Hot dog place had pictures of WINGS! SCORE! Except... "are ALL your wings breaded?" ~woman nods head~

~sigh~ BK it was. Chicken salad, with bacon and cheese. Didn't trust the dressing.

Fairly un-satisfying, and sure enough, STARVING by dinner time! (We will not be discussing how much chicken I wound up packing away!)

Then, there's yesterday.

BP coffee -- check. Cheeseburger and small salad -- check. Dinner... a handful of almonds, not really hungry, thanks.

I've been high fat/low appetite for so long, I'd forgotten what it FEELS like to be that ravenous!
What are fat bombs??????????? Thanks you
Jer. 29:11" For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. " They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"
dew4j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew4j View Post
What are fat bombs??????????? Thanks you
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-da-bomb.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l-my-life.html