Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Hunger and food choices (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/803408-hunger-food-choices.html)

LiterateGriffin 05-04-2013 07:35 AM

Hunger and food choices

For months, now, my breakfast has either been bulletproof coffee, or a couple fat-bombs. These get me through the morning nicely, and I'm ready to eat around 2pm or a little earlier.

Once in a while, I have to grab fast-food, and on those days, I typically go to Wild Wing Cafe for lunch, and enjoy my extra fat there.

On Thursday, though, my day was a little crazy. BK for breakfast (2 sausage-egg-cheese sandwiches served Lo-Carb style). By 11, when my daughter & I had to be at the airport, I was considering eating a TSA-agent, with a little mayo for dipping sauce!

Given time-issues and where we were, I had a choice between BK and this hot dog place. Hot dog place had pictures of WINGS! SCORE! Except... "are ALL your wings breaded?" ~woman nods head~

~sigh~ BK it was. Chicken salad, with bacon and cheese. Didn't trust the dressing.

Fairly un-satisfying, and sure enough, STARVING by dinner time! (We will not be discussing how much chicken I wound up packing away!)

Then, there's yesterday.

BP coffee -- check. Cheeseburger and small salad -- check. Dinner... a handful of almonds, not really hungry, thanks.

I've been high fat/low appetite for so long, I'd forgotten what it FEELS like to be that ravenous!

cfine 05-04-2013 08:43 AM

I love my high fat lifestyle :). If I don't feel satisfied after a meal, I just go and get some butter, cream cheese and liquid stevia, melt it a bit and eat that. It works every time.

Mistizoom 05-04-2013 07:28 PM

I was really hungry for a day or two a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know why, I was eating my regular foods. But it was strange to feel so hungry. I'm just not used to it anymore! Ketosis is a wonderful thing!

llisarray 05-04-2013 08:55 PM

I really get tired of people trying to force me to eat ya know. A lot of days, like today, I have NO desire to eat. Do you ever get that? And there's always some kind person that says, she's not eating because she's on a DIET !! No, I'm not eating because I'm not hungry ! LOVE those no hunger days :clap:

lisamt 05-04-2013 10:44 PM

I'm in awe of people who can go for hours without eating after bulletproof coffee. I've tried it, but end up feeling hungry after a couple of hours. If I eat some protein with fat for my first meal of the day, then I can stay full until the afternoon.

Patience 05-05-2013 06:43 AM

I am still early days in my restart, but what is working for me is BPC together with some protein/fat . . . eggs or breakfast-type meat, not both. I separate the two by about an hour when I am able. This takes me until early afternoon. I am an early riser.

How much total fat do most of you BPC fans put into your morning coffee? I am still playing with a range. This being the weekend, I used a tablespoon each of butter and CO, whipped up to a very satisfying indulgence.

LiterateGriffin 05-05-2013 08:19 AM

I tend to use about 2 TBS each of CO and HWC in my coffee. (Yes, that DOES take up a good chunk of my coffee cup!)

I'm not saying everyone must have BPC for breakfast... just saying what a difference it made, eating so much lower-fat. Would have been alarming, if I didn't know what was wrong!

And yes, I have days where I eat hardly anything. (Often, on those days, when I DO eat, it's because I want salt, not food.)

lisamt 05-05-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16409657)
I am still early days in my restart, but what is working for me is BPC together with some protein/fat . . . eggs or breakfast-type meat, not both. I separate the two by about an hour when I am able. This takes me until early afternoon. I am an early riser.

How much total fat do most of you BPC fans put into your morning coffee? I am still playing with a range. This being the weekend, I used a tablespoon each of butter and CO, whipped up to a very satisfying indulgence.

If I'm drinking BPC right before or with breakfast, I use a tablespoon of coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream. I've tried the version with unsalted butter and did not care for the taste.

BPC only triggers hunger for me if I drink it on an empty stomach. If I make one in the afternoon, it doesn't have that effect.

Patience 05-05-2013 11:09 AM

This being a weekend I'll give myself another cup this afternoon and try with the HWC that I bought, whipped up with some CO. What fun to have so many choices.

dew4j 05-17-2013 04:16 PM

????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiterateGriffin (Post 16408618)
For months, now, my breakfast has either been bulletproof coffee, or a
Quote:

couple fat-bombs
. These get me through the morning nicely, and I'm ready to eat around 2pm or a little earlier.

Once in a while, I have to grab fast-food, and on those days, I typically go to Wild Wing Cafe for lunch, and enjoy my extra fat there.

On Thursday, though, my day was a little crazy. BK for breakfast (2 sausage-egg-cheese sandwiches served Lo-Carb style). By 11, when my daughter & I had to be at the airport, I was considering eating a TSA-agent, with a little mayo for dipping sauce!

Given time-issues and where we were, I had a choice between BK and this hot dog place. Hot dog place had pictures of WINGS! SCORE! Except... "are ALL your wings breaded?" ~woman nods head~

~sigh~ BK it was. Chicken salad, with bacon and cheese. Didn't trust the dressing.

Fairly un-satisfying, and sure enough, STARVING by dinner time! (We will not be discussing how much chicken I wound up packing away!)

Then, there's yesterday.

BP coffee -- check. Cheeseburger and small salad -- check. Dinner... a handful of almonds, not really hungry, thanks.

I've been high fat/low appetite for so long, I'd forgotten what it FEELS like to be that ravenous!

What are fat bombs??????????? Thanks you

Mistizoom 05-17-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dew4j (Post 16429184)
What are fat bombs??????????? Thanks you

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-da-bomb.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l-my-life.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...fat-bombs.html