LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatAttack
Stats: 70 gone...50 more to go
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: April 2012
Military Diet....

Hi everyone!!!! So I am on day 2 of the Military diet and this is the hardest thing I have ever done!!! I have been on LC for a year lost 70 pounds. My goal is to lose 50-60 more. I am now in a huge rut of not losing any weight. I am in hopes of this getting my mind set back into things and hopefully kick start weight loss again. I have a lot of stresses in my life right now and I think it's blocking some of it.
Have any of you tried this diet before and is there any advise you would give if you have???
KatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I just looked it up... bananas, bread, ice cream, and crackers? I would be starving between meals. 70 pounds in a year of LCing is great results -- why have you switched plans?
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Hi Kat
I saw the same one Michelle did. It seems to be simple calorie restriction. If you do well on low-carb (and you have! ) you might want to just re-adjust your calories on low-carb while limiting the carbs.
Can you tell us what you have been eating (before the one I posted below, if that's the "military" one you're using?).

DAY 1:
Breakfast

Military Diet Plan Breakfast Day 1
1/2 Grapefruit
1 Slice of Toast
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Lunch

Military Diet Plan Day 1 Lunch
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Slice of Toast
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Dinner

Military Diet Plan Day 1 Dinner
3 ounces of any type of meat
1 cup of green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup of vanilla ice cream
DAY 2
Breakfast

military-diet-day-two-breakfast
1 egg
1 slice of toast
1/2 banana
Lunch

Military Diet Plan Day 2 Lunch
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 hard boiled egg
5 saltine crackers
Dinner

Military Diet Plan Dinner Day 2
2 hot dogs (without bun)
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
DAY 3
Breakfast

Military Diet Breakfast Day 3
5 saltine crackers
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple
Lunch

Military Diet Day 3 Lunch
1 hard boiled egg (or cooked however you like)
1 slice of toast
Dinner

Military Diet Plan Day 3 Dinner
1 cup of tuna
1/2 banana
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 341/301.6/150
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: Hcg 1/5/13, LC 2/10/13
That looks exactly like the 3 day diet where you are supposed to lose 10lbs in 3 days. I've tried it before, but I was starving all three days
TheSouthernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
I was about to say too this reminded me of the 3 day diet where I did was starve and when I came off all I did was gain the 8-10 lbs of water weight I lost...lol!!! Yuck!!!
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Personally, I shy away from gimmicks. And this diet seems gimmicky to me. Why is the ice cream included? I don't remember ever seeing a diet plan with "mandatory" dessert. This plan seems very odd to me. Is it low carb? No, it has bread. Is it low fat? No it calls for ice cream and peanut butter. Is it low calorie? Well, not really. Sorry, but it doesn't seem like this plan excels at much of anything. Maybe they call it the "military" diet because that's what they feed to the immates at Guantanimo? The types of foods sound absolutely putrid to me. Cottage cheese and saltines? For lunch? Not bloody likely! I would not try this diet at all. If I were you, I would try tweaking my existing diet before scrapping it for whatever this is. :/ Just my .02, not trying to sound mean.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

I am STARVING on it for sure!!!! That is the one I am trying my hardest to follow. It is very low cal!!! I decided to try it to jump start weight loss.

I was eating 20 or less carbs a day with a "cheat" day every 14 days to keep things interesting. The 20 or less a day was alot of salad, veggies, meat and cheese. After being on LC for 7 months I hit a plateau. I was on a regular work out schedule as well.

The cheat day was usually just for lunch that day and back to LC for dinner. Sometimes I even skipped dinner because I was still full from lunch.

I am in early menopause and have been for 2 years now. I don't know if the hot flashes and night sweats are causing some of the problems. According to my doc, He says no it shouldn't. I began waking up in the middle of the night hungry around month 7 also. I tried to up the carbs to 30 or less and no weight loss or gain happened.

I am so frustrated with everything I am trying...So I am reaching out for advise. Thank you alll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
Personally, I shy away from gimmicks. And this diet seems gimmicky to me. Why is the ice cream included? I don't remember ever seeing a diet plan with "mandatory" dessert. This plan seems very odd to me. Is it low carb? No, it has bread. Is it low fat? No it calls for ice cream and peanut butter. Is it low calorie? Well, not really. Sorry, but it doesn't seem like this plan excels at much of anything. Maybe they call it the "military" diet because that's what they feed to the immates at Guantanimo? The types of foods sound absolutely putrid to me. Cottage cheese and saltines? For lunch? Not bloody likely! I would not try this diet at all. If I were you, I would try tweaking my existing diet before scrapping it for whatever this is. :/ Just my .02, not trying to sound mean.
This diet has been recommend to ppl trying to get in the military and patients that need surgery that need to drop weight quick. It is very low calorie. "They" say that the foods you eat together, work together to kick start your metabolism.
I have no idea why ice cream is added. I couldn't even buy the regular kind..I bought the no sugar added Bryers.
I am willing to try just about anything at this point to start losing again. Thanks for your .02 opinions always welcome ))
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
If you're just looking for a short-term, calorie restricted plan, did you know walmart now sells a NutriSystem 5 day pack for around $40?
They have the "D" one (supposedly lower glycemic carbs) as well as the regular.
Just something to consider if you don't really want to think about cooking.
I picked one up but haven't tried it yet. I keep balking at the meal replacement bars (several days that's either breakfast or lunch) because they have never satisfied me, and usually make me hungry. Of course, for lower calories and carbs, lean cuisine has a beef tips portobello that is 150cals and 14g carbs, that and a salad would be a lot more filling than the nutrisystem bar
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
If I were you, I'd go back on Atkins, and stop eating off plan so often. Plateaus happen, but you didn't help the situation either.

Either way, good luck.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
After I lost my first 80 lbs low carbing, I hit a 'plateau' too. The problem I discovered is that your 'smaller' body needs less food than you're accustomed to eating.

Low carb isn't magic--there's no weight loss without a caloric deficit. Try tracking a while to see what level you're currently eating at. With no loss or gain, that's maintenance for your current size. To lose, you want to cut about 300 cal a day from that level.

Good luck. It worked for me.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

I am looking for anything that will get me back in the swing of losing weight. I ahve thought about 10 or less carbs a day as well. I really don't think there is gonna be a day 3 to this diet I am trying. The meal isn't so bad as being hungry an hour later and not being able to have a snack. Not even celery LOL
The Adkins meal bars for breakfast are great for me. I might just go to the store tonight..get lots of zero and low carb foods and start 10 or less tomorrow. Atleast I could eat when I was hungry and not be so restricted.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
If I were you, I'd go back on Atkins, and stop eating off plan so often. Plateaus happen, but you didn't help the situation either.

Either way, good luck.
Thanks!!! Your right. I was only having 2 off plan meals a month after 7 months of no off plan meals. I have maintained for 5 months now so it's not a total loss. But maybe that is the key.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
After I lost my first 80 lbs low carbing, I hit a 'plateau' too. The problem I discovered is that your 'smaller' body needs less food than you're accustomed to eating.

Low carb isn't magic--there's no weight loss without a caloric deficit. Try tracking a while to see what level you're currently eating at. With no loss or gain, that's maintenance for your current size. To lose, you want to cut about 300 cal a day from that level.

Good luck. It worked for me.
Thanks Leo!!! I am gonna try that.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Looks just like (I think) they use to call the old MAYO CLINIC DIET.... it had nothing to do with the clinic.....
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

And I would stay far away from the bars. They stall many people. Eat clean, whole foods. Don't eat off-plan, and don't overeat protein either. Stick to very low carb, moderate protein, and fill the rest of your daily calories with fats.

Eating off plan twice a month is a lot if you're eating a ketogenic diet.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Looks just like (I think) they use to call the old MAYO CLINIC DIET.... it had nothing to do with the clinic.....
That is it exactly!!!! LOL Yep..Nothing at all to do with the clinic!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
And I would stay far away from the bars. They stall many people. Eat clean, whole foods. Don't eat off-plan, and don't overeat protein either. Stick to very low carb, moderate protein, and fill the rest of your daily calories with fats.

Eating off plan twice a month is a lot if you're eating a ketogenic diet.
Thanks lady!!!! Your very right!!! Sometimes it takes a "stranger" to tell how wrong you are!!!

I haven't been to a bar in a long time and don't plan on it anytime soon!!! I might have been over doing the protein. I am def. a meat lover!!

Starting at dinner I am back to LC....I just dont have the will power for this one!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad you posted. And that you understand where I'm coming from with my posts. We're all here to help each other, and believe me, I understand frustration! Sometimes we just need a friendly reminder.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm glad you posted. And that you understand where I'm coming from with my posts. We're all here to help each other, and believe me, I understand frustration! Sometimes we just need a friendly reminder.
~HUGGGGS~ To you and many thanks!!!!