Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Fat Burning Tea (LC doctor) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/803137-fat-burning-tea-lc-doctor.html)

CarolynF 04-30-2013 01:25 PM

Fat Burning Tea (LC doctor)

This was from my real LC doctor. She says it is good for us and drinks it all day and she says it controls the ghrelin in our tummies that makes us think we are hungry.

2 Quarts of water in pitcher. Take 2-3 black tea bags, and 2-3 green tea bags and place in the water. Squeeze one whole lemon in the pitcher and refrigerate
overnight. Take out the bags/enjoy all day long. Add sweetener as desired.

dawnyama 04-30-2013 01:44 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have some green tea. Have to check on the black. Oh, I have that!!! Family size tea bags, but black nonetheless! Will have to try it and see if I like it.

Carolyn---have you tried this?

CarolynF 04-30-2013 01:50 PM

I just got back from seeing her and didn't have any lemons, but will get them tomorrow.
I made a fake version with some lemon flavored drink mix and it was good.

She says that this can be your "water"..:) She gave me a hand out on how wonderful
tea was for your health..Lots of benefits.

Emily-D 04-30-2013 02:06 PM

Let us know if you have any results from this.

dawnyama 04-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16401870)
I just got back from seeing her and didn't have any lemons, but will get them tomorrow.
I made a fake version with some lemon flavored drink mix and it was good.

She says that this can be your "water"..:) She gave me a hand out on how wonderful
tea was for your health..Lots of benefits.

That is great! I am not sure if I have lemons either. I was out of town this weekend, left DH in charge. But I can pick one up when I head out to the grocery tomorrow. But I can still try it without!

heidihoopi 04-30-2013 02:43 PM

Lemon is a diuretic as well as a nice flavor addition. I tried this last winter/spring (using hot tea) for 4 months and it really did help me, lost 33 lbs. :up: After trying many different teas I settled on Celestial Seasoning's Lemon Zinger, it's really satisfying when one needs/wants 'something.'

Tea does really stain the teeth though...so sayeth my dental hygienist anyway, she immediately saw the difference. :(

~

eagle eye 05-01-2013 11:53 AM

This sounds very interesting. Please keep us posted on your results.

nolcjunk 05-01-2013 12:00 PM

I don't believe in tea having any special fat burning qualities but it's a great and healthy drink, and is infinitely better than lots of other things like sodas and drink mixes.

My current fave is rooibos herbal tea.

Sunny7 05-01-2013 12:40 PM

i have some orange pekoe black tea, would that work, mixed with the green---

Pami 05-01-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny7 (Post 16403859)
i have some orange pekoe black tea, would that work, mixed with the green---

I bet it would- she doesn't specify any particular black tea.
I drink straight gunpowder tea- have for years.
I rarely feel hungry; I have no idea if that is an effect of the tea or not...
I just drink it because I like it.

Sunny7 05-02-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16404421)
I bet it would- she doesn't specify any particular black tea.
I drink straight gunpowder tea- have for years.
I rarely feel hungry; I have no idea if that is an effect of the tea or not...
I just drink it because I like it.

what is gunpowder tea------sounds explosive!!

Ntombi 05-02-2013 07:16 AM

Gunpowder tea is an Asian variety of black tea. Cheap and strong with a nice flavor.

raindroproses 05-02-2013 07:26 AM

I always wonder if things like that supposedly help people lose weight because they assume you're drinking lots of juices and sodas prior to starting it, and you'll be replacing those with a healthier option instead... or if they legitimately DO something, you know? :laugh:

Ah what the heck though, when I clean out my fridge and have the room I'm game to try it... interested to see if anyone else has results too though :)

Sunny7 05-02-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16405087)
Gunpowder tea is an Asian variety of black tea. Cheap and strong with a nice flavor.

of thanks Ntombi---i will try and find it--

Pami 05-02-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny7 (Post 16405467)
of thanks Ntombi---i will try and find it--

Asian grocery- my brand is Temple of Heaven- Special Gunpowder.

nolcjunk 05-02-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16406197)
Temple of Heaven- Special Gunpowder.

ok that sounds like the name of a cult and their mass suicide method to me.

:lol:

I have never tried gunpowder tea, sounds mega strong.

Pami 05-02-2013 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16405087)

Mine says it is green tea? In any case, I enjoy it, and like you said, it's cheap :jumpjoy:
and strong- I only use about a tablespoon to make a full gallon of iced tea!

Pami 05-02-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolcjunk (Post 16406205)
I have never tried gunpowder tea, sounds mega strong.

It is- besides being super-cheap, you only use a tablespoonful to make a gallon
of tea- so your little $3 container will last MONTHS.

Ntombi 05-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16406220)
Mine says it is green tea? In any case, I enjoy it, and like you said, it's cheap :jumpjoy:
and strong- I only use about a tablespoon to make a full gallon of iced tea!

Sorry, I didn't realize I typed black. I meant green. I know it's green; I have two varieties in my tea cupboard right now. :doh:

Pami 05-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16406295)
Sorry, I didn't realize I typed black. I meant green. I know it's green; I have two varieties in my tea cupboard right now. :doh:

OK, cool! I thought maybe I was missing out by only buying the green gunpowder, when I could be trying out the black tea version as well!

metqa 05-02-2013 07:20 PM

does it have to be regular tea, because all of my tea is decaffeinated. I did accidentally buy some regular for my Kombucha brewing, but I don't usually drink regular tea that is not decaffeinated. I'm sure if I started drinking that I'd do the jittery Juice Mambo and probably work it off with fidgeting and wild dancing.

It does sound tasty though. It's basically refridgerater tea since it's not steeped in hot water? I guess without the hot water the caffeine wouldn't come out as much.... what say y'all?

Sharss 05-02-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 16406420)
does it have to be regular tea, because all of my tea is decaffeinated. I did accidentally buy some regular for my Kombucha brewing, but I don't usually drink regular tea that is not decaffeinated. I'm sure if I started drinking that I'd do the jittery Juice Mambo and probably work it off with fidgeting and wild dancing.

It does sound tasty though. It's basically refridgerater tea since it's not steeped in hot water? I guess without the hot water the caffeine wouldn't come out as much.... what say y'all?

Glad you posted this as I was wondering if one started with cold water or hot water and then refrigerated it. :confused: