Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jada
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 28/07/05
soup mania

Its close to winter in South Africa so its been chilly on some days, i decided to go out and stock on soups to warm up and too my surprise 8lbs fell off my body in 5 days. I feel amazing and even though this wasnt intentional over the first two days i started flirting with the idea since I've been stalling for so long. I went back to the stores and stocked up on hearty soups various types, added some greek yogurt to the menu and im in my zone.i guess at some point it will get boring but the weight loss is just the boost i needed the best part is i dnt feel hungry at all.can i stick too this? probably for another 2 weeks, i fugerd its a great kickstart for the longrun

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
What kind of soups? Are you doing LC? I remember seeing you around a while ago and that's what you were following before wasn't it?

I love soup but I can't buy store bought. I have to make my own. Just too many carbs and crap in store bought soup. I'm sure you have a lot of different kinds to buy there, though.

8lbs is great anyways. Congrats.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Yeah, here in the US, the soups you can buy in stores is just terrible. In the last few years they've had these more gourmet-ish ones you can buy in the refrigerator case but even those seem to always have weird thickeners and such. I usually like junky food, but these soups just seem fake, yk?

Anyway, it's not anywhere near winter here in san diego, but for some reason I have been craving soup, too. lol I may have to make some, but it feels like such an undertaking.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: 293/245/174
WOE: LC My Way
I read a study not long ago that said the very best 'diet' was one called Volumetrics, it's based on soup. It's an older book but you can probably get a copy online somewhere. I find when I include soup twice a week I always lose well. I make my own usually, I love soup. There's a soup thread in the pg I will bump for you or link if I can find it.

Continued success.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
There's nothing better than soup in the winter.

Check out Linda Sue's soup recipes, she has some really good ones.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
I read a study not long ago that said the very best 'diet' was one called Volumetrics, it's based on soup. It's an older book but you can probably get a copy online somewhere. I find when I include soup twice a week I always lose well. I make my own usually, I love soup. There's a soup thread in the pg I will bump for you or link if I can find it.

Continued success.
Volumetrics is based on the idea that high volume, low density foods are more filling. Soup is an obvious example, but low density foods also include non-starchy vegetables and some fruits. Apparently the researchers found that drinking water or other beverages with a meal did not work as well as eating foods high in liquid.

I love eating soup on LC, though I usually make my own. It's a great way to get in vegetables and more fat.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Tastes good, not a lot of clean up, leftovers improve in taste, good sources of liquids and fats, good use of inexpensive cuts of meat and bones . . . it's perfection.
Best of all it warms me in the winter and cools me in the summer.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geekin' in Utah
Stats: 236(restart)/190/189/175
WOE: WLS & NK
Start Date: WLS: 5/2005 (362lbs), NK: 1/10/13
That's funny, because I made a Thai Coconut soup for dinner tonight. It really hit the spot!
Geekin' in Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitcub
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/19/09...this time
I love soup! Especially when it's chilly outside. I would much rather make my own soup than buy store bought. I often like to make a large batch on Sunday and reheat leftovers throughout the week. I'll throw together chicken or beef, canned broth and lots of assorted low carb veggies. My most recent favorite is small meatballs ( I like a mix of beef and italian sausage) in a chicken broth with many shreds of kale added in along with a bit of onion and garlic. Very tasty and satisfying!
kitcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
I love soup too! On Sunday I cooked two pot roasts, chopped them up and added beef broth, cabbage, cauliflower and mushrooms. I then cooked it for an hour and it was low carb yummy goodness. I am eating it all week for lunch.
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote