Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Quest Bars New Flavor-Banana Nut Muffin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802810-quest-bars-new-flavor-banana-nut-muffin.html)

MsWoods 04-25-2013 09:36 AM

Quest Bars New Flavor-Banana Nut Muffin
 
:clap::yummy:

They are very very good for anyone wondering. I didn't even know there was a new flavor out until I went to my health food store the other day. I saw it and ate it last night. It was so good. It really really tasted like the batter of a banana nut muffin. Most things I've tasted that are banana since LC just taste like extract, but this really taste like real high carb batter.

I highly recommend them.

Leo41 04-25-2013 02:58 PM

Alas, I wish I could eat them, but my body seems to process all AS the same as sugar. One Quest bar is a 'bridge' to overeating because of the insatiable hunger.

I have a world-class sweet tooth, but, fortunately, it's tamed by total abstinence from anything that tastes sweet.

MargD 04-25-2013 03:04 PM

Thanks, Ms Woods, I'll check it out next time I'm at Vitamin Shoppe.

MsWoods 04-25-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo41 (Post 16393653)
Alas, I wish I could eat them, but my body seems to process all AS the same as sugar. One Quest bar is a 'bridge' to overeating because of the insatiable hunger.

I have a world-class sweet tooth, but, fortunately, it's tamed by total abstinence from anything that tastes sweet.

I am the exact same way. These didn't do that to me, though. They seem bigger than the other Quest bars. IDK but for an occasional treat, it was very good.

kitnmom 04-25-2013 06:17 PM

are any of the other flavors good? i have never tried Quest?

cfine 04-25-2013 07:32 PM

I have tried it and liked it.

MsWoods 04-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitnmom (Post 16394043)
are any of the other flavors good? i have never tried Quest?

I like the peanut butter and jelly. They are all so hard, though. The banana nut seems to have a softer texture to me.

Leo41 04-26-2013 02:36 AM

Is it particularly the banana nut that doesn't bother you?

If so, I may try it because Quest bars are the best (in terms of fewest ingredients) on the market, IMO. And I would love to have the occasional 'treat' that doesn't send me into a spirel of overeating.

MargD 04-26-2013 05:52 AM

I usually get the Vanilla Almond Crunch and I have noticed the texture has been softer for the last couple months, which makes me happy.

I wonder if they tweaked something?

Gretalyn 04-26-2013 07:02 AM

I bought a few of these for my husband, because he loves banana, but didn't try them myself since I usually can't stand that "fake" banana flavoring. But if they taste authentic, then I'll have to give one a try!

I love Quest Bars, and they are the only protein bar that I eat since they don't upset my digestion like others do. I love the chocolate and the apple pie the best, and the cookie dough is good as well.

Sometimes I will get a box that is harder/tougher in texture than others. If you have access to a microwave, warming them up for just 10 seconds or so softens them nicely.

johnsa37 04-26-2013 07:07 AM

I ordered the all-natural variety box and this flavor was included. It was one of my favorites! It does seem softer to me than the others... kind of like banana nut muffin dough (a little more dense though). It is super good warmed up in the microwave! Yum!

MsWoods 04-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo41 (Post 16394500)
Is it particularly the banana nut that doesn't bother you?

If so, I may try it because Quest bars are the best (in terms of fewest ingredients) on the market, IMO. And I would love to have the occasional 'treat' that doesn't send me into a spirel of overeating.

Yes it is particularly this flavor. And, really if you only ate half, which I could have easily stopped at, it would be just as satisfying and effect you even less. I really really like this flavor. It did not send me into a spiral or effect my weight the next day, which is always how I can tell if a food is good for me or not.

Leo41 04-26-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks, Michelle. This is good to know!

Mistizoom 04-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargD (Post 16394605)
I usually get the Vanilla Almond Crunch and I have noticed the texture has been softer for the last couple months, which makes me happy.

I wonder if they tweaked something?

That would be good if they did. When I eat them I do microwave them for about 10 seconds to make them softer, though I have a whole bunch of older ones at home that I haven't eaten because I am afraid they are too carby for me at this point. Maybe I should give them another try. I imagine they are a bit better carb-wise than Atkins bars.

Hazelsmrf 04-26-2013 01:14 PM

I think the least carb ones are the Mixed Berry Bliss and the PB&J bars, they both contain 0 sugar alcohols, and 4g of carbohydrate after subtracting fiber.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 AM.