Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: daisymae
PF Chang: Best choices ?

Hi ... going to PF Chang on Friday night.

Any suggestions as to what I should order that will be close to low carb ?

THANKS ...
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
They have a gluten free menu on their website, I bet you can find some low carb options there. Obviously avoid the rice stuff. I havent eaten at one in years but I used to love their chicken lettuce wraps!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Man they're a nightmare for me I love that place, but I'm scared to go back because everything is carby.

If you like lettuce wraps though, theirs are fantastic... you can skip the extra sugary sauces they give you on the side and probably save some carbs there.

Anything off their gluten free menu that doesn't come with a sugary sauce would be okay I'd think, so long as you skipped the sides with it. No rice or noodles obviously I'm not sure if you can ask them to not use a thickener in their sauces, but that's an idea... you could always ask them. Sometimes if I'm unsure about a sauce or I know they'll use too much, I ask for it on the side. That way you can just dunk your meat/veggies into smaller quantities of it and get less carbs that way too!

I just wish they didn't use so much salt in their dishes, yikes! Maybe I'll treat myself to a PF Chang's night when I'm in maintenance though. I miss their lettuce wraps!!

Oh yeah, I meant to add... they have a full nutritional menu up, so give their gluten free menu a look! I found them to STILL be very high in carbs, but with the additions of asking about the sauce thickener and asking for the sauce on the side, you may be good to go

Last edited by raindroproses; 04-24-2013 at 03:33 PM..
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/212/??? 5/10" The real age 49
WOE: 2014 Nutritional Ketosis Experiment Begins
Start Date: LC'05,'10Paleo,'13 S.Guyenet+S.Roberts'14C.Kresser
Oh, you must try the lettuce wraps. I didn't know what they were. Wow...
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z-Baby
Stats: 227/217/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/14/2013
Lettuce Wraps for SURE! Delish!
Z-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: haferchamp
Start Date: 12/15/12
I too love their lettuce wraps but according to their web site the chicken lettuce wraps contains 47 carbs. It doesnt show how many servings that is but I can eat half an order no problem.

A better choice would be their Chicken Moo Goo Gai Pan which lists 18 carbs, or Pepper Steak at 26 carbs. Also they have several fish entrees that are lower carb.

I haven't found anything there that I don't like so no matter what you get, it'll be delish!
haferchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by haferchamp View Post
I too love their lettuce wraps but according to their web site the chicken lettuce wraps contains 47 carbs. It doesnt show how many servings that is but I can eat half an order no problem.

A better choice would be their Chicken Moo Goo Gai Pan which lists 18 carbs, or Pepper Steak at 26 carbs. Also they have several fish entrees that are lower carb.

I haven't found anything there that I don't like so no matter what you get, it'll be delish!
I'm thinking (though I'm not sure!) that they're factoring in the sweet sauces they serve on the sides into the 47 carbs... I noticed it was quite high too, but couldn't really attribute the crazy number to anything other than those sauces because I know one is sweet, one is basically sesame oil, and the other is spicy. They usually blend them together at your table and give them to you on the side

Forgot to mention - I also order mine without the onion, which cuts down carbs a bit. I definitely don't miss them!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
I'm thinking (though I'm not sure!) that they're factoring in the sweet sauces they serve on the sides into the 47 carbs... I noticed it was quite high too, but couldn't really attribute the crazy number to anything other than those sauces because I know one is sweet, one is basically sesame oil, and the other is spicy. They usually blend them together at your table and give them to you on the side

Forgot to mention - I also order mine without the onion, which cuts down carbs a bit. I definitely don't miss them!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gdever1975
I love the Oolong Sea Bass! I think it's pretty low carb! It's what I get every single time.
gdever1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: daisymae
THANKS to everyone for the suggestions ! I
think I can easily fill up on Spring Rolls :-)
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote