Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeVee View Post
its interesting, in our line of work people go either really unhealthy and embrace it or go the polar opposite and run in the gym on every break. Not much middle ground.
Thats true too. We have a full gym in our basement and ample time to use it throughout the day. However a large chunk of people think the flight and a half of stairs to the cafeteria on the way to the pizza buffet is exercise.

I dont understand how the flight examiner can grant a 350+ pound dude a class 2 medical.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PeeVee
Stats: started 280 down to 256 on WW now 253
WOE: atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTIgrad View Post
Thats true too. We have a full gym in our basement and ample time to use it throughout the day. However a large chunk of people think the flight and a half of stairs to the cafeteria on the way to the pizza buffet is exercise.

I dont understand how the flight examiner can grant a 350+ pound dude a class 2 medical.
ah the whole medical thing is a sham anyway.
ZSE I'm guessing?
I see the older guys stumbling around with "the body" that seems to come with the job.. overweight with skinny legs, bad posture, like an upside down eggplant and I see myself going that direction, time to put on the brakes LOL

Last edited by PeeVee; 04-28-2013 at 06:52 AM..
PeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeVee View Post
ah the whole medical thing is a sham anyway.
ZSE I'm guessing?
I see the older guys stumbling around with "the body" that seems to come with the job.. overweight with skinny legs, bad posture, like an upside down eggplant and I see myself going that direction, time to put on the brakes LOL
Yup, ZSE.

That describes it perfectly. ZDV? The medical is a joke. We have guys that have actually memorized the eye exam, and the one AME actually does the hearing test right in front of you so you can see when she's pushing the button.

When I brought in my bulletproof coffee for the first time the whole building went wild. I'm now known as the butter guy.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tntne3
Stats: 164/150/132
WOE: lc paleo
Start Date: 1996
I think we are constantly telling ourselves negative things. A positive affirmation can help replace a negative thought with a more positive one. If you want to try it, start by repeating over and over a positive statement that includes within it some kind of belief or intention. Or, say your affirmation while staring at yourself in the mirror, and continue to look at yourself for a time. After a while you will start to believe it for real and that changes the way you behave.

My affirmation:

I love and accept myself unconditionally, right now.

Initially it was hard to stare at myself and say this, but it got easier, and I think it's been very helpful.
tntne3 is offline   Reply With Quote